This forum has been archived. You will not be able to log in, register, or post.

Main >> Domestic Forum Thread views: 74060

Pages in this thread: 1 2 (3) 4 5 6  
hooyeah
Re: Supercharger?   Posted Sat May 3, 03   6:00 PM     

it's not the gear ratio that matters its the strength of the parts you can put 5.73 gears behind a 350 but if they're made out of weak material they'll be dead in a day

what if the hokey pokey really is what it's all about?
uglystick
Re: Supercharger?   Posted Mon May 5, 03   1:37 PM     

a 383 stroker is a 400 crank in a 350 bored .030 over.

you can feasibly bore and stroke a small block chevy out to 427 cubic inches...420's a bit safer.

jason

Project Junkyard Turbohund - '75 BMW 3.0 CS; M30 3.4L Straight Six; Turbonetics T3/T04E Hybrid Turbo, Custom Intake w/ Integrated Water to Air Intercooler; Haltech E6K; EBC
hooyeah
Re: Supercharger?   Posted Mon May 5, 03   7:39 PM     

i heard 468 is the new maximum anyone seen one? i've seen a camaro that says 468 on the stripe but never talked to the owner

Stryker
Re: Supercharger?   Posted Mon May 5, 03   8:23 PM     

And I live 2 blocks away from a V6 mustang that has cobra badges. What's your point? lol

~~~::<Curtis Stryker>::~~~
They say a smile is a gift which is free to the giver and precious to the recipient. But giving the finger is free too, and I find it more personal and sincere.
hooyeah
Re: Supercharger?   Posted Mon May 5, 03   9:09 PM     

yeah and i saw a 4.6 mustang gt 5.0 today

but this car is a mint condition 68 camaro clean red with a white stripe on the nose it's an actual hotrod guy sunday driver mainly a cruiser type dealy so i'm guessing he knows his shit judging i usually see him parked beside a solid black 69 charger and a 66 goat

uglystick
Re: Supercharger?   Posted Tue May 6, 03   10:36 AM     

i'd imagine it's a 454 bored .060 over or so...something like that is far more feasible than going up to 468 on a small block...i'd guess that's nearly impossible.

427's the biggest i've seen a sbc.

jason

Project Junkyard Turbohund - '75 BMW 3.0 CS; M30 3.4L Straight Six; Turbonetics T3/T04E Hybrid Turbo, Custom Intake w/ Integrated Water to Air Intercooler; Haltech E6K; EBC
BlownGTP

Re: Supercharger?   Posted Tue May 6, 03   11:14 AM     

my old mans is a 455 bore .060 over. what would that be?

ILL BE WAITING AT THE NEXT LIGHT!
DieselGoPed

Re: Supercharger?   Posted Tue May 6, 03   2:28 PM     

hooyeah. when you said you saw a 4.6 mustang gt 5.0, what did you mean? did it have two engines or what?

A wheel is for ever. A car is infinity times four.
Drive it like you stole it!
BlownGTP

Re: Supercharger?   Posted Tue May 6, 03   2:43 PM     

yea, thats what he meant. its a custom thing that pepole do here in the states to mustangs. they put the 5.0 in the back for weight and connect it to the back wheels and convert the 4.6 to front wheel drive. its an all wheel drive twin engine conversion. do they have those by you? they are really fast.

DieselGoPed

Re: Supercharger?   Posted Tue May 6, 03   2:49 PM     

'sarcasm is the lowest form of wit' cant remember who said that, winston churchill or somebody, but it is so true. anyway, how would it make it faster? youd need to conect the throttle linkage to both engines, which i think would be quite different, or else have two sets of pedals, one set in the passenger footwell for your mbuddy to drive. so essentially, it would be like a 9.6 lire engined four wheel drive mustang? if you managed to do it. and they wouldtn be that fast, i guess youd have to take all the interior out to compensate for the weight of the second engine, and i dont have a clure how youd go about making it road legal.
but of course, its in tha states, you have easier ways of getting around stuff like that.. anyway, real or not, they dont have them over here.

A wheel is for ever. A car is infinity times four.
Drive it like you stole it!
Satanismycopilot
Re: Supercharger?   Posted Tue May 6, 03   3:06 PM     

i have seen mustangs that were orginally 4.6s get 5.0 swapped into them its not hard being the 94-95 mustangs are fox 4 chassis which is the current chassis for mustangs. pretty sweet swap actually,,,,espeacially if you like the new style and want a 5.0

Re: Supercharger?   Posted Tue May 6, 03   3:12 PM     

In reply to:

'sarcasm is the lowest form of wit'

We need an "Owned" caption

-Ben
BlownGTP

Re: Supercharger?   Posted Tue May 6, 03   4:06 PM     

hey, your the dumb shit that asked if it had 2 engines! so yea, i did bullshit a little bit to see if you would take the bait.

MrPeabody

Re: Supercharger?   Posted Tue May 6, 03   4:55 PM     

The kid's witty man, gotta give em that

-Ben

hooyeah
Re: Supercharger?   Posted Tue May 6, 03   5:13 PM     

it was a 4.6 mustang badged as a gt 5.0 it wasn't a swap

Pages in this thread: 1 2 (3) 4 5 6