This forum has been archived. You will not be able to log in, register, or post.

Main >> Domestic Forum Thread views: 74060

Pages in this thread: 1 (2) 3 4 5 6  
LethalToy

Re: Supercharger?   Posted Thu Apr 17, 03   11:10 PM     

350?? 350?? say it isn't so. stroke that bitch and that s10 will smoke all. don't be a noob and forget the rear though. all that mojo will shred that itty bitty rear end in a Chevies "Heartbeat".
ouch...... bad pun.......so bad it hurt.

9" all the way. your old lady will love ya for it.

-----------------------------------------------------------

Obstacles are what you see when you take your eyes off the goal.
BlownGTP

Re: Supercharger?   Posted Fri Apr 18, 03   7:11 AM     

I would deffinatly turn it to a stroker motor. BIG POWER!!!!!!

ILL BE WAITING AT THE NEXT LIGHT!
Phatmatt

Re: Supercharger?   Posted Fri Apr 18, 03   10:55 AM     

well I am sorry that I couldn't locate that supercharger, but am actually glad you're going with the 350. I think you'll be very very happy.... and a huge huge badass.

Gorgoth3k1

Re: Supercharger?   Posted Fri Apr 18, 03   12:03 PM     

I would say either stroke the 350 up, or de-stroke a 400SBC... them de-stroked 400s are sick....

-Gor

-------------------------------------------------------------
[External Image Removed]
Caddy 500ci. Fiero
BlownGTP

Re: Supercharger?   Posted Fri Apr 18, 03   12:05 PM     

cant you de-stroke a 327 to a 302? i heard somthing to that matter and you would have no problem cranking 10,000 RPM's out of it.

Stryker
Re: Supercharger?   Posted Fri Apr 18, 03   1:01 PM     

Problem is, that none of the shops around here bore/stroke engines...I'd have to find a 383 stroker and just rebuild it...
Lethal...What all would i have to do with the rear end to keep that from happenin? *Chevy's Heartbeat...That's hilarious lol*

~~~::<Curtis Stryker>::~~~
They say a smile is a gift which is free to the giver and precious to the recipient. But giving the finger is free too, and I find it more personal and sincere.
ProbeU

Re: Supercharger?   Posted Fri Apr 18, 03   6:03 PM     

I hope this question doesn't get me razzed off the site, but I'll ask it anyway. What does it mean when you stroke an engine?

hooyeah
Re: Supercharger?   Posted Sat Apr 19, 03   9:37 PM     

stryker you can buy stroker kits that have jsut about everytihng you need i think raceprep actually sells them but i'm sure you could do a search and find some race shops in your area or atleast some that can ship that sell stroker kits...or you may be able to go to your local college usually their shop will have the parts and you may be able to get all the machinework and everything done as a "students project" type thingy

and to fix the rear end problem you'll most likely need to pop in a whole new rear end sometihng bigger to take the power of the v8 the little 4 banger rears with that power you'll hear a pop snap and some grinding thne you aint goin anywhere.

and probeu stroking an engine is replacing the crankshaft with sometihng with a longer stroke (piston travel from top to bottom) boosts the ci of the engine and gives huge torque

and i'm not to sure but isn't it possible to stroke and bore te shit out of a 350 and end up with a 468? now that'd be cool

what if the hokey pokey really is what it's all about?
hooyeah
Re: Supercharger?   Posted Sat Apr 19, 03   9:40 PM     

www.enginekits.com

Phatmatt

Re: Supercharger?   Posted Sun Apr 20, 03   5:45 PM     

I don't know about a 468 but I do know you can stroke a 350 and end up with one bad engine. And yes loose that rear end you have right away. You won't be doing any kind of racing with that weak ass rear and monster engine trying to work together.

hooyeah
Re: Supercharger?   Posted Sun Apr 20, 03   6:01 PM     

although i've heard of people with 4.3 s10s sticking in 2.2 rears because i heard the older 2.2 rears had 4.10 gears from the factory

DieselGoPed

Re: Supercharger?   Posted Mon Apr 21, 03   12:21 PM     

how do you mean replace the rear end? does that just mean putting in a new, stronger half chassis or what?

A wheel is for ever. A car is infinity times four.
Drive it like you stole it!
BlownGTP

Re: Supercharger?   Posted Mon Apr 21, 03   1:10 PM     

Rear end is the rear axel and gears.

uglystick
Re: Supercharger?   Posted Mon Apr 21, 03   1:12 PM     

replacing the rear end (axle)...it means (the simple way) you disconnect the axle housing from the driveshaft and the leaf springs, and put an identical axle in that has a different gearset in it.

the hard way would be actually switching the gears into the original axle.

Project Junkyard Turbohund - '75 BMW 3.0 CS; M30 3.4L Straight Six; Turbonetics T3/T04E Hybrid Turbo, Custom Intake w/ Integrated Water to Air Intercooler; Haltech E6K; EBC
Stryker
Re: Supercharger?   Posted Fri May 2, 03   8:43 PM     

My truck has 3.73 gears...those aren't strong enough? lol. but really I wanna go wit 3.50 gears...

~~~::<Curtis Stryker>::~~~
They say a smile is a gift which is free to the giver and precious to the recipient. But giving the finger is free too, and I find it more personal and sincere.
Pages in this thread: 1 (2) 3 4 5 6