This forum has been archived. You will not be able to log in, register, or post.

Main >> Domestic Forum Thread views: 49062

Pages in this thread: (1) 2 3 4 5  
S_Dyme
S-10 Buildup?   Posted Thu Apr 10, 03   9:19 AM     

Hi, I'm new and had a question. I just bought a 1998 2WD 2.2ltr Chevy S10 and I had a bunch of questions. Anyone here have an S10 that could help me? I looked at a few people on here with trucks, but most of you have raised trucks. I'm planning on body-dropping mine and putting airbags on it, but don't know much about how to do it. I've worked on older cars, but I'm new to the custom truck world. If anyone could help I'd appreciate it.

Dropped, Locked, Ready to Rock
BlownGTP

Re: S-10 Buildup?   Posted Thu Apr 10, 03   10:43 AM     

you have to build or buy a 4 link for it, i know that much. youll probably have to hack away at your frame rails and control arms too. how low do you want to go?

ILL BE WAITING AT THE NEXT LIGHT!
sweetdevil
Re: S-10 Buildup?   Posted Thu Apr 10, 03   10:57 AM     

what a joke....
lol

Sweet Devil Clothing
Ride Like HELL!
S_Dyme
Re: S-10 Buildup?   Posted Thu Apr 10, 03   11:05 AM     

I know I have to C-notch it, but I'd have to do that anyways for the airbags, and I believethe 'bags come with a 4 link. It's not easy, I know that much, but I shouldn't have to 'hack away' at anything, should I? Oh, and I am gonna have the rails and body sittin on the asphalt.
Oh, and sweetdevil, fuck you. You do what you want to , and I do what I want to.

----------------------------------------------------------
S_Dyme
Re: S-10 Buildup?   Posted Thu Apr 10, 03   11:06 AM     

Does anyone here know for sure how to customize a truck street-style??

BlownGTP

Re: S-10 Buildup?   Posted Thu Apr 10, 03   11:57 AM     

well, your gonna have to make clearance if you want any kind of turning radious. im not to god at these things but a buddy of mine just bagged his full size chevy and thats what he had to do.

and sweet, whats up with that? it might not be your cup of tea. he probably dosent like trucks like yours either. i know i would rather have a truck pancaked on the ground and sitting low than a "pre- runner" or whatever. give him a break.

hooyeah
Re: S-10 Buildup?   Posted Thu Apr 10, 03   1:01 PM     

actually a 10 inch drop is a weekend job now you can buy complete frame rails with all the suspension and setup done all you have to do is cut it and weld in new frame rails, and you can buy all bolt in parts for the front 10 inch drop i beleive.

see now thats a joke it's not what you buy it;s what you build fullsize dropped trucks are cool cuz you usually have to actually do some of your own fabricating but nowadays for 5 grand you can have a 10 inch drop ground scraper s10 WHAT A MOTHER FUCKING JOKE

what if the hokey pokey really is what it's all about?
uglystick
Re: S-10 Buildup?   Posted Thu Apr 10, 03   1:07 PM     

first off, don't forget that when you're done you'll have to keep it forever to keep the value of it. i have this for sale if you're interested, $7000:

buy mine and save yourself the work:

[External Image Removed]

jason

Project Junkyard Turbohund - '75 BMW 3.0 CS; M30 3.6L Straight Six; Garrett GT35 Ball Bearing Turbo, Custom Intake w/ Integrated Water to Air Intercooler; Haltech E6K; EBC
BlownGTP

Re: S-10 Buildup?   Posted Thu Apr 10, 03   1:17 PM     

jason, i thought you put that truck down the road. you still have it?

S_Dyme
Re: S-10 Buildup?   Posted Thu Apr 10, 03   1:54 PM     

Actually, I can get a drop for a 2002 Silverado for same price as my truck, hooyeah.

S_Dyme
Re: S-10 Buildup?   Posted Thu Apr 10, 03   1:57 PM     

BlownGTP, Well with the 'bags I plan on getting, turning radius shouldn't be a problem when the 'bags are inflated...
Uglystick, no thanks man. I just got this truck

uglystick
Re: S-10 Buildup?   Posted Thu Apr 10, 03   2:17 PM     

nope it's still here. fucker's loan fell through.

bottom line s-dyme...i spent upwards of 12 grand into this truck not counting the value of the stock truck itself. now i'm asking 7 for it. follow me?

don't be stupid...build an olds quad 4 or an ecotec turbo for it and call it a day.

jason

Project Junkyard Turbohund - '75 BMW 3.0 CS; M30 3.6L Straight Six; Garrett GT35 Ball Bearing Turbo, Custom Intake w/ Integrated Water to Air Intercooler; Haltech E6K; EBC
BlownGTP

Re: S-10 Buildup?   Posted Thu Apr 10, 03   2:55 PM     

i dont think hes trying to make it fast, i think he just wants a pavement pounder!!!!! i think slammed S-10's are pretty sweet. bummer about that guys loan thogh man. i would take it if i had the extra cash.

hooyeah
Re: S-10 Buildup?   Posted Thu Apr 10, 03   5:46 PM     

when i say fullsize i mean true fullsize trucks pefore the 90's

what if the hokey pokey really is what it's all about?
JcAus
Re: S-10 Buildup?   Posted Thu Apr 10, 03   9:08 PM     

I want the A-Team Van!!!!!!

is that a van a bedford?

Jc

----------------
Check it out it's like this....
If I lose, winner takes my happy meal.
But if I win, I take the burger AND the TOY!
To some people thats more important.
Pages in this thread: (1) 2 3 4 5