This forum has been archived. You will not be able to log in, register, or post.

Main >> Domestic Forum Thread views: 18934

Pages in this thread: (1) 2  
uglystick
stomper on the road soon...photos...   Posted Tue Mar 25, 03   11:11 AM     

here's a photo of the work i did in the back of my scout this weekend. it was packed to the gills in the back with a ton of spare parts, junk, etc, which i've sorted, sifted, sold, and smoked.

here's the rough setup of the spare air tank, tool box and such. it's getting there. axle should be installed in a few days. it's just a matter of finding some spare time. hell, i may get it done this afternoon...we'll see.

[External Image Removed]

more to come.

jason

Project Junkyard Turbohund - '75 BMW 3.0 CS; M30 3.6L Straight Six; Garrett GT35 Ball Bearing Turbo, Custom Intake w/ Integrated Water to Air Intercooler; Haltech E6K; EBC
BlownGTP

Re: stomper on the road soon...photos...   Posted Tue Mar 25, 03   11:17 AM     

lol, it looks like you have the tire mounted to the rear fender on the lower left side.

ILL BE WAITING AT THE NEXT LIGHT!
uglystick
Re: stomper on the road soon...photos...   Posted Tue Mar 25, 03   11:34 AM     

yeah that's what we drag racers call a drag-stop. it's intended to keep this bad assed truck from going over 160mph.

;-)

jason

Project Junkyard Turbohund - '75 BMW 3.0 CS; M30 3.6L Straight Six; Garrett GT35 Ball Bearing Turbo, Custom Intake w/ Integrated Water to Air Intercooler; Haltech E6K; EBC
storm

Re: stomper on the road soon...photos...   Posted Tue Mar 25, 03   5:44 PM     

yeah i bet it is, lol

uglystick
Re: stomper on the road soon...photos...   Posted Tue Mar 25, 03   5:53 PM     

yeah and that's a 20 gallon nitrous tank.

jason

storm

Re: stomper on the road soon...photos...   Posted Tue Mar 25, 03   5:54 PM     

yeah a 350 shot

MrPeabody

Re: stomper on the road soon...photos...   Posted Tue Mar 25, 03   7:28 PM     

Naaaaaaaaws, ghetto style

-Ben

LethalToy

Re: stomper on the road soon...photos...   Posted Tue Mar 25, 03   9:18 PM     

How you like them Claws?? What size you runnin?

-----------------------------------------------------------

Obstacles are what you see when you take your eyes off the goal.
uglystick
Re: stomper on the road soon...photos...   Posted Wed Mar 26, 03   12:07 PM     

the claws are the immovable object which when combined with the immeasurable force of big intake IH torque = broken shit.

i love them. they are loud as hell until you hit about 7 mph then they shut up. it's great. they stick well too, but i haven't had enough experience to work with them offroad to make any comments.

they're 31x10.50's as big as stock ride height will allow. i need to reverse shackle the beast and extend the rear shackles a bit to deal with some of the rear spring sag issues the truck has. then they'd stuff well and wouldn't eat my fenders.

jason

Edited by uglystick (Wed Mar 26, 03   12:08 PM)

hooyeah
Re: stomper on the road soon...photos...   Posted Wed Mar 26, 03   4:13 PM     

3/4 eliptical setup

what if the hokey pokey really is what it's all about?
BlownGTP

Re: stomper on the road soon...photos...   Posted Wed Mar 26, 03   6:10 PM     

Big ass truck are one thing ive never touched on. after i visited www.bigdumbtrucks.com i fell in love with them. Too much money for me though. oh and ugly, its odvious i didnt get that old bmw i was talking about a while ago.

ILL BE WAITING AT THE NEXT LIGHT!
LethalToy

Re: stomper on the road soon...photos...   Posted Wed Mar 26, 03   9:38 PM     

thats why you buy cut-outs. run bigger meats with no extra lift, therefore not raising your center of gravity much higher.

<this suggestion coming from the guy with 6' high door handles>

-----------------------------------------------------------

Obstacles are what you see when you take your eyes off the goal.
MrPeabody

Re: stomper on the road soon...photos...   Posted Thu Mar 27, 03   9:31 AM     

Nothin wrong with that, that's how trucks were ment to be

-Ben

hooyeah
Re: stomper on the road soon...photos...   Posted Thu Mar 27, 03   9:57 AM     

you fell in love with the trucks on that site? i prefer trucks that can ACTUALLY go offroad not just look like it

what if the hokey pokey really is what it's all about?
sweetdevil
Re: stomper on the road soon...photos...   Posted Thu Mar 27, 03   10:37 AM     

DISCO

Sweet Devil Clothing
Ride Like HELL!
Pages in this thread: (1) 2