This forum has been archived. You will not be able to log in, register, or post.

Main >> Domestic Forum Thread views: 80980

Pages in this thread: 1 2 3 4 5 (6) 7  
MrPeabody

Re: So what does everyone drive???   Posted Sun Apr 20, 03   7:20 PM     

Actually they produced Supras in Japan till 02. And Veilside is a Jap tuner, makes some freaking sick cars.
Oh and buick bitch, you don't deserve to like a Supra, the Supra doesn't want you, now shoo.

-Ben

DieselGoPed

Re: So what does everyone drive???   Posted Mon Apr 21, 03   12:19 PM     

heh heh, i think that japan makes a lot opf nice cars, but amreica is still up the top for pure speed. i think ill buy an american car when im older, something from chrysler or ford, but i dunno if it would fit into the overhead compartment plus the insurance for anything remotely fast would plummet me into bankruptncy faster than you could say 'loan'

A wheel is for ever. A car is infinity times four.
Drive it like you stole it!
MrPeabody

Re: So what does everyone drive???   Posted Mon Apr 21, 03   3:49 PM     

Pure Speed?

Maybe for 1320 feet...

-Ben

ProbeU

Re: So what does everyone drive???   Posted Mon Apr 21, 03   6:22 PM     

I would say American on raw power and accleration.

I would say itallians for top speed and outrageous prices.

I would say Germans for relability

and I would say Japan for affordablitity with good overall preformance

or at least if I sterotyped all of them.

MrPeabody

Re: So what does everyone drive???   Posted Mon Apr 21, 03   6:34 PM     

Actually you're not too far off there

And actually i'd say brit for top speed, can't forget the McLaren F1 and it's still record holding top speed for a production car (240).

Stryker
Re: So what does everyone drive???   Posted Mon Apr 21, 03   9:52 PM     

True, but I don't really consider it a 'production' car. I know everyone else does, but 64 F1's and a total of 100 McLaren's produced...That's not really production...That's custom cars to the highest bidder...

~~~::<Curtis Stryker>::~~~
They say a smile is a gift which is free to the giver and precious to the recipient. But giving the finger is free too, and I find it more personal and sincere.
MrPeabody

Re: So what does everyone drive???   Posted Mon Apr 21, 03   10:26 PM     

So any car hand built and not mass produced isn't a production car?

-Ben

Stryker
Re: So what does everyone drive???   Posted Mon Apr 21, 03   11:10 PM     

In my opinion, no. And if that were true, then the F1 isn't the fastest production car out there, cause I read in a magazine about a guy that had an early 90's corvette with over 1500hp...
The last time he did a speed test with it, he cloked 230 mph, and that was when he dyno'd at 1000hp...I'll have to find the article again. But I think of McLaren's as more of custom vehicles than production models...

~~~::<Curtis Stryker>::~~~
They say a smile is a gift which is free to the giver and precious to the recipient. But giving the finger is free too, and I find it more personal and sincere.
DieselGoPed

Re: So what does everyone drive???   Posted Tue Apr 22, 03   2:20 AM     

i dunno, i think maybe britain for luxury? i mean, look at some of the jags, rolls royces (are they british? i think so, im not sure though) a lot of the new rovers are pretty damn nice as well. i still think i want an american car though. maybe a chevy camro z28, after seeing one of them i fell in love with it. and from looking around, you can get them a lot cheaper than i expected.
it all comes down to bloody insurance...

hooyeah
Re: So what does everyone drive???   Posted Tue Apr 22, 03   4:35 AM     

probeu is very very on th emoney except i'd stick the reliability thing on some jap scrap too they can make some very long running engines

and stryker if you wanna get technical mclaren made 500 atleast that makes it classified as a hand built production car that corvette was probably a lingenfelter whe gm can push 500 of those of the assembly lines then it'll be production are aston martins production are lamborghinis production they only make a few 100 of those a year if i'm not mistaken

oh and one more thing probeu i would'nt stick afordability under jap last time i checked civics and accords were pretty expensive maybe korea for affordability?

what if the hokey pokey really is what it's all about?
DieselGoPed

Re: So what does everyone drive???   Posted Tue Apr 22, 03   5:03 AM     

affordability? gotta be russia. i can get a lada in good working order (i think) for twenty pounds. mmm, plastic shells...

MrPeabody

Re: So what does everyone drive???   Posted Tue Apr 22, 03   1:46 PM     

In reply to:

whe gm can push 500 of those of the assembly lines then it'll be production

My sentiments exactly. That 1500 HP Vette isn't factory stock, the F1 is and it only needs 600 some odd HP to hit 240

-Ben
hooyeah
Re: So what does everyone drive???   Posted Tue Apr 22, 03   8:30 PM     

yeah when you spend millions and millions of dollars on R&D and build a car out of carbonfiber and other space age superleight low drag materials with thousand upon thousands of hours in a wind tunnel it's easy to get those results....just because it comes from a "factory" doesn't mean it came from "the" factory

MrPeabody

Re: So what does everyone drive???   Posted Tue Apr 22, 03   10:45 PM     

Damn dude, make up your mind. First you bitch at curt because he said it wasn't a production car, now your bitching about it being one...

-Ben

hooyeah
Re: So what does everyone drive???   Posted Wed Apr 23, 03   1:13 PM     

no i wasn't i was saying it can reach mph with that much hp because they spend so much money and materials ect.. also could be seen as saying their cars can do so much with so little becaus eof the amount of money and time spent making a truly high quality product you get what you pay for imagine what they could do with 1500 hp

the last statement was about lingenfelter and tuners like that

Edited by hooyeah (Wed Apr 23, 03   2:00 PM)

Pages in this thread: 1 2 3 4 5 (6) 7