This forum has been archived. You will not be able to log in, register, or post.

Main >> Domestic Forum Thread views: 14203

Pages in this thread: (1) 2  
uglystick
The Long Awaited Beater Firechicken   Posted Tue Jan 21, 03   4:45 PM     

here's photos of the firechicken. we found some psycho heads for it with 2.30 intake 1.82 exhaust valves and ports big enough to put your fist in.

the car itself:

[External Image Removed]

the block sans heads:

[External Image Removed]

the 6x heads we took off:

[External Image Removed]

and the ass end of the car:

[External Image Removed]

so would it win the ugly contest vs. my elco and chad's goat?

jason

Project Junkyard Greyhound - '75 BMW 3.0 CS; Korman Twin Turbo Intake w/ Integrated Water to Air Intercooler; Single T3/T4 Turbo w/ Rayjay Adjustible Wastegate; Haltech E6K
Satanismycopilot
Re: The Long Awaited Beater Firechicken   Posted Tue Jan 21, 03   6:15 PM     

whats the fluids in the block that dont look good

Re: The Long Awaited Beater Firechicken   Posted Tue Jan 21, 03   6:50 PM     

theres always colant int he cylinders on any engine i've pulled heads off and the red fluid well thats either tranny fluid that somehow got poure din there or code red mountain dew that got spilt

i think the goat is uglier i jsut love that body style

a wise man once said OOSABOOSA BOO@O!!!

what if the hokey pokey really is what it's all about?
LS4_454
Re: The Long Awaited Beater Firechicken   Posted Tue Jan 21, 03   8:08 PM     

The block must not be draining all the way HooYeah, some blocks have drains on both sides. With it drained you shouldn't get any coolant in the cylinders

Stryker
Re: The Long Awaited Beater Firechicken   Posted Wed Jan 22, 03   12:48 AM     

Ummm...Ok. That is just about the ugliest piece of shit I've ever seen. lol. I trust that ya have big plans for it? Please say that you are gonna get a new engine for it...Cause that one looks like a big ball of rusted shit. lol

~~~::<Curtis Stryker>::~~~
They say a smile is a gift which is free to the giver and precious to the recipient. But giving the finger is free too, and I find it more personal and sincere.
hooyeah
Re: The Long Awaited Beater Firechicken   Posted Wed Jan 22, 03   3:56 AM     

ever seen a 20 something year old engine before stryker?

uglystick
Re: The Long Awaited Beater Firechicken   Posted Wed Jan 22, 03   8:42 AM     

the red is marvel mystery oil. the green is coolant. we didn't drain the block just drained the radiator and popped the heads off.

it's getting a set of wenzler 60cc combustion chamber heads with big fuggin valves and ports the size of your fist (no bs). a cam from jeesus with enough lift to snap regular sized valvetrain components to shit and a built glide. then we'll blow up the rear end, yank the engine and trans out and slap it into a '64 tempest.

there's the plan. and that block is pretty stryker, i don't know what you're talkin about.

;-) it's coming out for a paint job, valley painting, etc. we'll be selling the 6x and 7c3 heads and the super t10.

jason

Project Junkyard Greyhound - '75 BMW 3.0 CS; Korman Twin Turbo Intake w/ Integrated Water to Air Intercooler; Single T3/T4 Turbo w/ Rayjay Adjustible Wastegate; Haltech E6K
BlownGTP

Re: The Long Awaited Beater Firechicken   Posted Wed Jan 22, 03   9:01 AM     

There we go ugly, some more PONCHO POWER! i like it.

ILL BE WAITING AT THE NEXT LIGHT!
uglystick
Re: The Long Awaited Beater Firechicken   Posted Wed Jan 22, 03   9:05 AM     

with the 6x heads it's 7.8:1 compression

bahahahahah

still puts down 380 lb ft stock.

jason

Satanismycopilot
Re: The Long Awaited Beater Firechicken   Posted Wed Jan 22, 03   4:23 PM     

i thought coolant in the combustion chamber was a bad thing

Re: The Long Awaited Beater Firechicken   Posted Wed Jan 22, 03   4:50 PM     

it fell in there from the water jackets in the head when we popped the heads off. because we didn't drain the block passages. needless to say we'll flush it all out before we run the fucker. hell we'll probably end up doing a full rebearing and re-ringing of this thing anyway.

it's a sick car though. and it's just a place to store our drivetrain until we find a tempest.

jason

Project Junkyard Greyhound - '75 BMW 3.0 CS; Korman Twin Turbo, Custom Intake w/ Integrated Water to Air Intercooler; Rayjay Adjustible Wastegate; Haltech E6K; 6 Speed?
Satanismycopilot
Re: The Long Awaited Beater Firechicken   Posted Thu Jan 23, 03   3:41 PM     

i saw a hole in the hood is that a 6.6 400 small block firebird with a shaker hood scoop?

Re: The Long Awaited Beater Firechicken   Posted Thu Jan 23, 03   3:53 PM     

is the 6.6 a 403? my 73 grand am has a 6.5 logo and its a 400. i always wondered about that.

ILL BE WAITING AT THE NEXT LIGHT!
hooyeah
Re: The Long Awaited Beater Firechicken   Posted Fri Jan 24, 03   2:04 AM     

the older pontiac blocks amaze me even the little puny ones. my brothers bird had a little 301 and that thing put out 180 hp and around 260 lb ft from the factory 500+ km on original tranny and never rebuilt engine

and ls4 454 i never drain the block just the rad so the coolant always ends up in the cylinders

uglystick
Re: The Long Awaited Beater Firechicken   Posted Fri Jan 24, 03   10:49 AM     

yeah it's a '78 T/A with the 400 and Super T-10 Four Speed (Rare), it's also got the shaker hood.

jason

Project Junkyard Greyhound - '75 BMW 3.0 CS; Korman Twin Turbo, Custom Intake w/ Integrated Water to Air Intercooler; Rayjay Adjustible Wastegate; Haltech E6K; 6 Speed?
Pages in this thread: (1) 2