This forum has been archived. You will not be able to log in, register, or post.

Main >> Domestic Forum Thread views: 31389

Pages in this thread: 1 (2) 3  
uglystick
Re: watch out PD, we have another domestic ricer   Posted Wed Dec 18, 02   8:29 AM     

forgive me, i often see "GM" as the Chevy Motor Division.

Hey quik, if you ever have problems with your steering column, e-mail me. i could put those things together in my sleep blindfolded after last weekend's excitement (rebuilt one from the shaft up...talk about a rubicks cube!) now that we can steer it into the garage, we have a 400 pontiac to build...yay. it's got a super T10 too!

jason

'75 BMW 3.0 CS - Terribly Un-stock.
BlownGTP

Re: watch out PD, we have another domestic ricer   Posted Wed Dec 18, 02   8:44 AM     

well, what 455 would you consider to be the best? pontiac, buick, or olds? and why? im just curious to see if my favorite (being pontiac) is the best of the 3.

ILL BE WAITING AT THE NEXT LIGHT!
uglystick
Re: watch out PD, we have another domestic ricer   Posted Wed Dec 18, 02   9:04 AM     

i dunno. kevin says the olds 455 rocket was. and he has both a hurst olds and a firebird. so he's not too biased.

just a note, the buick 455 had an external oil pump.

jason

quik67firebird
Re: watch out PD, we have another domestic ricer   Posted Wed Dec 18, 02   4:15 PM     

I think they're all excellent engines. I happen to like the Pontiac 455's because of their low end torque, but in a Car Craft Big Block Showdown the Buick won for most Torque and horsepower. However it was also the most expensive because of it's uncommon parts. The Buick also has the biggest bore and smallest stroke of all of the 455's.

Cutlass

Re: watch out PD, we have another domestic ricer   Posted Wed Dec 18, 02   7:36 PM     

i have no experience with the pontiac 455, so i can't say how good it is or isn't. the buick 455 makes tons of torque but is also very expensive to build, but so is the olds. olds motors have the potential to be great powerhouses but the aftermarket isn't quite up to par yet. i know a guy that runs a small block 74 olds that turns 8.80 @ 153. not to shabby.

-------------- 470 cubic inches of pissed off Oldsmobile.
uglystick
Re: watch out PD, we have another domestic ricer   Posted Thu Dec 19, 02   1:18 AM     

wow that's pretty brutal out of a small block...what does it run that attached to? a rail? know anything about joe mondello? the twister engines he puts out are pretty darned nice.

[External Image Removed]

j

Cutlass

Re: watch out PD, we have another domestic ricer   Posted Thu Dec 19, 02   4:32 PM     

Joe Mondello is an ass, actually its Lynn the guy that runs the place since Joe is busy with his tech school. no matter what way you cut it hes a rip off. the Twister is a 486 stroker that is way over rated. i'm hopeing to be able to give him a run for his money, last i seen the car it ran 9s, so i'm not seeing that as a problem. there are a buch of other places to get Hi Po parts for Olds other than Mondello, if you ever need anything go to RealOldsPower.com and ask for Greg,. he'll hook you up with anything thats out there for Olds alot cheaper than Mondello ever could. as for Dave's car, the small block, its in a 74 Olds similiar to mine. i have his web address around here somewhere, i'll post it when i find it, he as all the details on there, he also runs in the NMCA. if you get PHR mag there are also a few guys i know in there with their Olds and they are running just about te same times.

-------------- 470 cubic inches of pissed off Oldsmobile.

Edited by Cutlass (Thu Dec 19, 02   4:35 PM)

sweetdevil
Re: watch out PD, we have another domestic ricer   Posted Thu Dec 19, 02   4:37 PM     

speaking of times... been to the track with it yet?

I live my life one paycheck at a time
Life sucks, get a fucking helmet!

Heaven doesn't want me, and hell is afraid I'll take over!
novaboy

Re: watch out PD, we have another domestic ricer   Posted Wed Jan 15, 03   11:33 PM     

my skateboard is faster than his "nova"....racing this guy would be well worth the trip to the valley!!!

novaboy
uglystick
Re: watch out PD, we have another domestic ricer   Posted Thu Jan 16, 03   11:42 AM     

man i talked to this guy (IM) a while back and he seemed pretty straight up about his car. wasn't talkin much shit to me, that's for sure. knew what he wanted to do to it in the future, knew it was going to take money and time...

seemed like a good guy.

jason

Project Junkyard Greyhound - '75 BMW 3.0 CS; Korman Twin Turbo Intake w/ Integrated Water to Air Intercooler; Single T3/T4 Turbo w/ Rayjay Adjustible Wastegate; Haltech E6K
DieselGoPed

Re: watch out PD, we have another domestic ricer   Posted Fri Jan 17, 03   8:32 AM     

' That poor mustang...I say we go find those fuckers and 'pop a cap in they ass yo'
Stryker, i think you bin watchin too much fast and the furious lol only j/k

--------------------------------------------------------------
50cc diesel powered tarmac eating slingshot.
I could beat any of you....Just bring it.
MrPeabody

Re: watch out PD, we have another domestic ricer   Posted Fri Jan 17, 03   10:08 AM     

Nice go ped. Put some Naaaaaaaaaaaaws on it

-Ben

DieselGoPed

Re: watch out PD, we have another domestic ricer   Posted Fri Jan 17, 03   2:07 PM     

ummm, yeah... thats an idea.
where m i gonna get £400 for a nos ( well, nitrowizard in the uk) kit from? the scooter costs bout £50 and the nawwwws £400? lol.

ill just find a bigger hill.

--------------------------------------------------------------
50cc diesel powered tarmac eating slingshot.
I could beat any of you....Just bring it.
hooyeah
Re: watch out PD, we have another domestic ricer   Posted Fri Jan 17, 03   3:18 PM     

he was joking

what if the hokey pokey really is what it's all about?
Stryker
Re: watch out PD, we have another domestic ricer   Posted Fri Jan 17, 03   11:21 PM     

Man. How fuckin stupid are you? Ladies, and Gentlemen...THAT is the result of inbreeding. So...With that said...Please petition to your local governor to have people from England banned from our country and our websites. Thank you.

~~~::<Curtis Stryker>::~~~
They say a smile is a gift which is free to the giver and precious to the recipient. But giving the finger is free too, and I find it more personal and sincere.
Pages in this thread: 1 (2) 3