This forum has been archived. You will not be able to log in, register, or post.

Main >> Domestic Forum Thread views: 38439

Pages in this thread: 1 (2) 3 4  
novaboy

Re: Woah!!   Posted Tue Apr 23, 02   9:32 PM     

i wanna know what the vette runs on drag radials.

novaboy
TheRealMyles

Re: Woah!!   Posted Tue Apr 23, 02   9:38 PM     

Hey to say it but it would be considered Stock in my world. Since it is still on DOT tires. That is a lot fast then most of the cars out in the world that think they run 12's. ...mls

Peace,

TRM

novaboy

Re: Woah!!   Posted Tue Apr 23, 02   9:45 PM     

ok ok....ut jok3r do you ever post anything exsept propaganda to make mustangs look better?

novaboy
hooyeah
Re: Woah!!   Posted Tue Apr 23, 02   9:56 PM     

a valid point by the novaboy a good question to

-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_- CHEVY dodge ford thats just the way it works
LethalToy

Re: Woah!!   Posted Tue Apr 23, 02   10:05 PM     

Damn boy, have you been eating paint chips again? The Corvette, NOT a musclecar?!? To many people it is "THE musclecar". If not the mustang, what other Ford vehicle will you compare the Corvette to. If it is in a class of it's own, then what does it say about Ford. The mustang has always been a respectable musclecar and I consider it a match for the Corvette. The Corvette does beat out the mustang in almost all categories but not by a landslide. The Corvette was built by and for a specific breed of performance fanatics that wasn't being filled by other automotive manufacturers. The "showdown" has always been "Ford vs. Chevy" by popularity and now Mopar is really getting in there. Close behind is the imports, gaining popularity yearly and taking a bigger slice of the pie every day.

----------------------------------------------------------- Obstacles are what you see when you take your eyes off the goal.
hooyeah
Re: Woah!!   Posted Tue Apr 23, 02   10:09 PM     

no matter wut is said the vette is not a muscle car muscle cars by definition have 4 seats atleast and the vette does not the corvette is not a muscle car it is a sports car the original sports car by definition atleast and i never said it couldn't be compared ok fine maybe i did oh well and lethal i tried the chameleon paint today YUMMMY

-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_- CHEVY dodge ford thats just the way it works
fonzarelli
Re: Woah!!   Posted Wed Apr 24, 02   4:57 AM     

Just out of interest...
what kind of bhp would you be looking at for a 12second, 11second,10second and 9 second 1/4 mile run?

and another question that you may be able to answer.. what have you got to do to a factory car to get it running that quick?

thanks.

oh and while im at it.. Novaboy.. when can we expect more photos of the nova on your web site????

j0k3r

Re: Woah!!   Posted Wed Apr 24, 02   8:30 AM     

>>i agree...but gee what does a stock zo6 run on drag radials?

Damn novaboy, does it ever end with you? Have some respect for the car, don't bag on it cuz it's a Ford. Anyway, a Z06 on DRs will run a 12.1. I have a friend that has one and with 1800 miles on the odometer he ran a 12.1. However, you can't compare a Z06 to a Mach 1. One is a 30k car, the other is a 50k car. I have MUCH respect for the Z06 and I would like to own one. It is not however practical for me at this point. I am married, have a baby on the way and under 25(insurance would be a nightmare). Maybe in a few years.

---------- j0k3r 1999 Mustang GT http://www.1999gt.com
j0k3r

Re: Woah!!   Posted Wed Apr 24, 02   8:38 AM     

>>Just out of interest...
what kind of bhp would you be looking at for a 12second, 11second,10second and 9 second 1/4 mile run?

and another question that you may be able to answer.. what have you got to do to a factory car to get it running that quick?

There are too many factors to say you need this much horsepower to run this fast. I know 11 sec. Mustangs have around 450 to the wheels. It depends on the driver though. Some drivers could pull a low 11 sec with 450 to the wheels, some are barely squeaking under a 12.

I think the Mach 1 borrowed some part from the Bullit and the Cobra. I know they are using the 32V V8 from the Cobra. I think they are using the Bullit suspension components. I am not sure about the exhaust. It also comes with a Ram Air shaker hood (not sure how much this adds, but it is a 700 dollar aftermarket piece, not worth it IMHO). The factory exhaust on the Mustangs has always sucked. Up until 2001 there were 6 cats on the stock h-pipe. How friggin unnecessary is that? And the POS mufflers are a whole different story. Not to mention the fact it's not mandrel bent. The headers are good for about 450 to the wheels, so those aren't the problem. I am not too sure what else they have done to the car. All I know it is officially going to be a production car slated for release late this year.

Know what my next ride is going to be?

---------- j0k3r 1999 Mustang GT http://www.1999gt.com
novaboy

Re: Woah!!   Posted Wed Apr 24, 02   9:23 AM     

hey jok3r, im just giving you a hard time. i nderstand what its like to be in love with a car. cough cough "novaboy". i just dont want people to think that for 30 grand you can get a car to compete with the z06. you get what you pay for, thats all. dont worry much resspect for you and your car!!!

novaboy
novaboy

Re: Woah!!   Posted Wed Apr 24, 02   9:25 AM     

and about my website...im taking some new pics tonight...hehehe. they wont be on the site till tomarrow afternoon tho. gotta go to honda to fix my car. anyone know why my check engine light came on? does going 120 do that? now it wont rev past 5,200 rpm!!!!help!

novaboy
Aldo1

Re: Woah!!   Posted Wed Apr 24, 02   3:30 PM     

GT40 anyone???? ; )

Fat_Tony

Re: Woah!!   Posted Wed Apr 24, 02   10:43 PM     

hey what about a camro on slicks from the factory even tho its a year old that could/still be the competition

yah it runs.......
hooyeah
Re: Woah!!   Posted Wed Apr 24, 02   10:48 PM     

yah hmmm does anyone know what a camaro or firebird would run on slicks?

Fat_Tony

Re: Woah!!   Posted Wed Apr 24, 02   10:59 PM     

yah how bout a trans am what category are those in? and are they any fast ive seen a lotta vids on the net with em in there. i have no idea how fast they are, anyone know ? and how much is this so called stang gonna cost is it faster than the cobra? i'm confused is the bullit faster than anything? someone list all the different categorys of this car this is drivin me crazy!

yah it runs.......
Pages in this thread: 1 (2) 3 4