This forum has been archived. You will not be able to log in, register, or post.

Main >> Domestic Forum Thread views: 22342

Pages in this thread: (1) 2 3  
sweetdevil
Discomotorsports?   Posted Fri Nov 8, 02   2:45 PM     

Alright guys, so much for street racing with this topic. I get the truck next week, and I don't want it to stay stock for long. I want more travel, bigger tires, and glass... 31's or 33's? BGF A/T's? I'm pretty sure I'll get the fenders from glassworks. What about lifts? Has Fabtech's stuff gone to shit? Heard some good stuff about CST... I'm not looking to clear the jump behind olds, but I wanna be able to jump it, and I want it smooth through the whoops. Josh, what's goin on with your s10 right now? You gonna show Robby Gordon up on Thanksgiving or what?

Life sucks, get a fucking helmet!

Heaven doesn't want me, and hell is afraid I'll take over!
Satanismycopilot
Re: Discomotorsports?   Posted Sat Nov 9, 02   8:36 PM     

the guy i know that runs the truck shop in my town still swares by fabtech and still uses them. as far as tires go....around here any way most people get 33 Super Swammpers but i dont think your gonna be doing a whole lot of mud bogging in the sand. and i know nothing about sand riding. so ill let everyone else tell you about tires

Re: Discomotorsports?   Posted Sat Nov 9, 02   9:38 PM     

well, it is mostly for sand, but 33" super swampers are WAAAY to heavy and WAAAY to big for the s10. I want to prerunner it, not play in the mud, i need something lightweight and not overly huge. I want to lift the front end, put the front glass on it and do the tires at the same time, the rear fender glass won't come until later, and super swampers won't quite fit without it... not to mention it would look gay on a prerunnered s10... lol

Satanismycopilot
Re: Discomotorsports?   Posted Sun Nov 10, 02   8:48 AM     

yeah well i did say i know abosolutely nothing about tires need to run in the sand. but i gave my knowledge on the fabtech lift....im a jersey boy what more do ya want from me?

Re: Discomotorsports?   Posted Sun Nov 10, 02   9:48 AM     

If your playing in the sand then the Mickey Thomson Baja Belted are a formidable tire. You can get them in 33x17.50x15 sizes and they float, float, float. They really howl on the street but wear really well on a mini. Be sure to run them with a wiiiiide rim 15x14 at the least.

-----------------------------------------------------------

Obstacles are what you see when you take your eyes off the goal.
sweetdevil
Re: Discomotorsports?   Posted Mon Nov 11, 02   9:45 AM     

33's aren't going to be too big? I'm going to get glass on the front, and the lift, so I think I'll be ok up there, but will I have enough clearance in the back before I get the rear fenders? I'm not into really loud tires, I will be making a few trips to SF in the truck, but I guess I could keep the stock tires in the garage for road trips? How much do those tires run? And how about the wheels? I want to get pretty cheap wheels.

Satanismycopilot
Re: Discomotorsports?   Posted Mon Nov 11, 02   1:47 PM     

i dont think you wanna get cheap wheels....the cheaper they are the shittier they are made. and i would think that last thing you would wanna do is bend a rim

Re: Discomotorsports?   Posted Mon Nov 11, 02   1:49 PM     

I don't mean cheap in quality... i just don't need big shiny things... I'm concerned more about functionality than it being pretty. I don't want $300 wheels cuz they're all glittery, just something that will fit good and not bend...

LethalToy

Re: Discomotorsports?   Posted Mon Nov 11, 02   6:53 PM     

You will need some lift and if ya plan on doing any jumping you had better get some limiting straps to keep those meats from doing a little fender trimming of their own. Glass or not.

-----------------------------------------------------------

Obstacles are what you see when you take your eyes off the goal.
sweetdevil
Re: Discomotorsports?   Posted Tue Nov 12, 02   8:30 AM     

Ok, i decided on the suspension.... I'm gonna go all the way...
13" over stock width. Machined Del-Rin Bushings top and bottom. Uni-Ball Lower, Hiemed Upper, 2 qty, 2.5" King Coil Overs. Lift Spindle with custom 1/4" sleeve to accept Hiem. This includes brake lines, steering sleeves, all Fabrication and installation for $4000
The lift allows for 35" but 33"s are shown, and that's what I'll run.
Coil-over rear 2.5 Kings and full fab and install for $3000
www.Blackmarketfab.com
That really is a sick deal... I know it's a lot of money... but shit, what am I gonna end up paying for a 6" lift anyway?!?!? Well over a grand, if I put it on!!!

[External Image Removed]

[External Image Removed]

[External Image Removed]

[External Image Removed]

[External Image Removed]

I can't get all the pics to work... only one!!! Go to www.picturetrail.com/rhiannon016 for the rest of em

Then I'll get the vortech supercharger... 250hp and 300ftlb of torque.... uh he he... ok, so maybe I won't be able to afford the additional $3000 for the supercharger, but it sounds real cool.....

uglystick
Re: Discomotorsports?   Posted Tue Nov 12, 02   9:58 AM     

delrin bushings, huh? you gonna buy em or build em? if you give me the dimensions and a slug of delrin, i could probably run em out on the mill.

jason

'75 BMW 3.0 CS - Terribly Un-stock.
sweetdevil
Re: Discomotorsports?   Posted Tue Nov 12, 02   10:00 AM     

black market fab is gonna do em... that price is for all the fab AND all the install.... Thank you though!!!

uglystick
Re: Discomotorsports?   Posted Tue Nov 12, 02   10:01 AM     

ask em what kinds of prices they can get on delrin cubes. 2"x2" max.

jason

'75 BMW 3.0 CS - Terribly Un-stock.
sweetdevil
Re: Discomotorsports?   Posted Fri Nov 15, 02   1:28 PM     

I asked, but he hasn't got back to me yet...
WE'RE GOING TO OCOTILLO
Takin the new truck out GAWD IT'S SOOOOO FUCKING COOL!!!!! And I put the 250 back together, so I'm headin out for one last run before I sell it!!!
So far it's just the girls, so if any of you guys wanna roll out there with two hot blondes, we'll be at Devil's Slide at about 10... See ya there!!!!

I live my life one paycheck at a time

hooyeah
Re: Discomotorsports?   Posted Fri Nov 15, 02   2:26 PM     

a guy going out there with 2 hot blondes who the hell would turn that down

-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_
VROOMMMM!
Pages in this thread: (1) 2 3