This forum has been archived. You will not be able to log in, register, or post.

Main >> Domestic Forum Thread views: 42190

Pages in this thread: (1) 2 3  
uglystick
where'd all the 5.0 people go - buildup questions.   Posted Thu Oct 31, 02   2:27 PM     

well,

my good friend craig finally bought himself a 5.0 mustang (88 mass air california car, bone stock).

he's going to be building a factory five cobra kit. (http://www.factoryfive.com or http://www.factory5.com i can't remember).

the induction system is already chosen for the cobra (aftermarket efi w/ stacks manifold, 8 throttle bodies), so that can't be done up on the mustang. he already bought a set of summit 3.73 gears and a rear end rebuild kit, and a centerforce clutch & flywheel.

where should we go from here? mind you, this kit will run a high 12 with a stock 5.0 HO engine. the kit uses the engine, trans, driveshaft, rear end, control arms and some other suspension bits.

jason

'75 BMW 3.0 CS - Terribly Un-stock.
Satanismycopilot
Re: where'd all the 5.0 people go - buildup questions.   Posted Thu Oct 31, 02   4:39 PM     

a friend of mine has a 89 Mustang GT 5.0 but he took the block and made it into a 347 Stroker. He also convertered his tranny over to a cobra 6 speed with the 8.8 rear with 4.11:1 gears. i could ask him to give me a list of everything he has done to the car engine wise if you want. i think he is pushing out anywhere from 450-575 hp i dont know i havent spoken to him in a long time

Re: where'd all the 5.0 people go - buildup questions.   Posted Thu Oct 31, 02   9:19 PM     

he should add some flowmasters they sound great on the 80's stangs

hooyeah
Re: where'd all the 5.0 people go - buildup questions.   Posted Thu Oct 31, 02   10:27 PM     

they sound good on just about everything

ford racing the biggest oxymoron EVER!
-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-
resident chevette lover!

future chevette lover ->> [External Image Removed]
dragonrider87
Re: where'd all the 5.0 people go - buildup questions.   Posted Sat Nov 2, 02   12:22 AM     

my 5.0 was stock now all it does is eat chinese food quick power fixes would be k&n filter you guys got emmisions tests down there so removing your cats isnt an option that netted killer power on mine msd coil replacement borg warner or accell cap&rotor kit headers auto lite plugs i know it sounds weird but just trust me on that one removal of the air silencer or gut&glue it depending on the inspections down there flat top pistons get every thing you can forged and hit it with nitrous and if all else fails drive it off a cliff

do you think we could play another game maybe you could win this time
MrPeabody

Re: where'd all the 5.0 people go - buildup questions.   Posted Sat Nov 2, 02   12:17 PM     

Dude, you need to rewrite that. Add some punctuation

-Ben

Phatmatt

Re: where'd all the 5.0 people go - buildup questions.   Posted Sat Nov 2, 02   9:31 PM     

that's not true, I highly doubt they'd sound good on like...... a lawnmower.

Gorgoth3k1

Re: where'd all the 5.0 people go - buildup questions.   Posted Sun Nov 3, 02   1:25 PM     

I knew someone that put flowmasters on a 4-banger 'stang.... it sounded like the 'stang had a bee-hive hanging behind it... sounded like such shit....

IMHO.... flowmasters sound good on any V8... otherwise methinks they sound like shit...

-Gor

Satanismycopilot
Re: where'd all the 5.0 people go - buildup questions.   Posted Tue Nov 5, 02   3:16 PM     

they sound good on some V6's as well. personally i dont like flowmaster because everyone has them. i would put a set of Twister Racing mufflers on it. all they are is a round muffler with a sprial of metal in it its pretty much like having no muffler at all

Re: where'd all the 5.0 people go - buildup questions.   Posted Tue Nov 5, 02   3:48 PM     

ok here's the next installation in the 5.0 chronicles:

clutch was replaced today along with tranny pinion seal, throwout bearing, pilot bearing, rear main seal and motor mounts.

now, the injectors are leaking they say. but craig just re-did the o rings. wtf?

also, the oil level sender is leaking, the intake manifold has a leak (i dunno how the figured that out, but afaik, it could just be a vacuum leak in one of the lines), and the valve covers are leaking.

fuckin fords.

Metal396
Re: where'd all the 5.0 people go - buildup questions.   Posted Tue Nov 5, 02   8:04 PM     

wouldnt that "spiral metal" muffler be just an ordinairy glasspack? they sound good at idle, and high revs they sound almost like open headers...

but when u take off the line and ordinairy cruising theyre just way to noisey and annoying.. to me anyways.... and im referring to a v8..

----------------------------------------------------
http://www.geocities.com/spddemontc
Rock on.
[External Image Removed]
Satanismycopilot
Re: where'd all the 5.0 people go - buildup questions.   Posted Tue Nov 5, 02   8:13 PM     

no its not a glass pak because it contains no fiber glass at all so its considered a muffler but it dont muffle shit especailly when u take the cat off.

Re: where'd all the 5.0 people go - buildup questions.   Posted Thu Nov 7, 02   1:01 PM     

well, come to find out, the transmission in this fucking pos mustang was swapped out of a four cylinder car. it is a t5, but supposedly is much weaker than the 8 zyl t5. these fucks told us the car was bone stock, then magically remembered that the t5 had been swapped out when we asked as the stang sat on the lift at the shop, no usable pilot bearing in site...

FUUUUCCCCCCCKKKKKKK!!!!

"The best thing about this car is that it is bone stock. You know it hasn't been molested in any way" Day we bought the car...

then they say:

Craig,
I believe the tranny came out of a 4-banger...try that bearing and I'll get
ahold of billy to double check....
Brian

somebody's gonna get their skull cracked over this one. this is some fucking BULLSHIT! thank god i don't own any fords. who the fuck would do such a thing to a v8 car? that's like putting a 200 metric behind my el camino's engine.

so tell me all the reasons why this tranny sucks if you know. i need some ammunition to use on these stupid kids.

jason

hooyeah
Re: where'd all the 5.0 people go - buildup questions.   Posted Thu Nov 7, 02   1:23 PM     

this reminds me of soemthing i heard today sometihng about old s10s if you take the rear end from a 2.2 and stick it with the 4.3 it changes the gears from 2;73 to 4.11 pretty good stuff

ford racing the biggest oxymoron EVER!
-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-
resident chevette lover!

future chevette lover ->> [External Image Removed]
uglystick
Re: where'd all the 5.0 people go - buildup questions.   Posted Thu Nov 7, 02   1:43 PM     

well, evidently the 1st gear on the 4cyl t5 is like 4.55:1...zing. still do we have to worry about the strength of this transmission? honestly, where the hell did all the 5.0 people go?

jason

Pages in this thread: (1) 2 3