This forum has been archived. You will not be able to log in, register, or post.

Main >> Domestic Forum Thread views: 42190

Pages in this thread: 1 (2) 3  
Satanismycopilot
Re: where'd all the 5.0 people go - buildup questions.   Posted Thu Nov 7, 02   4:01 PM     

well i could ask my ford expert friend of mine but i personally i have no fuckin clue

Re: where'd all the 5.0 people go - buildup questions.   Posted Thu Nov 7, 02   4:33 PM     

yeah, ask him. i spent an hour reading a book from the 80's for you, it's the least you can do ;-)

jason

'75 BMW 3.0 CS - Terribly Un-stock.
Satanismycopilot
Re: where'd all the 5.0 people go - buildup questions.   Posted Thu Nov 7, 02   7:38 PM     

lol i gonna ask him tommorow. if he dont know right away he'll know when he starts his new job working for a ford dealer.

Re: where'd all the 5.0 people go - buildup questions.   Posted Thu Nov 7, 02   7:44 PM     

dealer ships are very overestimated like the dodge dealership that said the pt cruiser can go 150 cuz it has 150 hp

ford racing the biggest oxymoron EVER!
-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-
resident chevette lover!

future chevette lover ->> [External Image Removed]
Satanismycopilot
Re: where'd all the 5.0 people go - buildup questions.   Posted Thu Nov 7, 02   7:54 PM     

he works in the shop. he is a mechanic. he know his shit about fords. hell his last name is even ford. his entire family drives only fords, and he has worked on them since he could use a wrench

Re: where'd all the 5.0 people go - buildup questions.   Posted Thu Nov 7, 02   8:15 PM     

i know he may know his shit alot of people do but i figured you were looking ot the dealership for the info

ford racing the biggest oxymoron EVER!
-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-
resident chevette lover!

future chevette lover ->> [External Image Removed]
Satanismycopilot
Re: where'd all the 5.0 people go - buildup questions.   Posted Fri Nov 8, 02   8:54 AM     

ah its any easy mistake because im an idiot. nah i ment he could ask his fellow mechanics or look in the books in the shop

Re: where'd all the 5.0 people go - buildup questions.   Posted Sat Nov 9, 02   8:38 PM     

i talked to my friend. he said if its a T5 the housing should be good and solid but that you should definately put heavier duty band in it because if it was for a 4 banger most likely they are not ment for a lot of horsepower

Re: where'd all the 5.0 people go - buildup questions.   Posted Fri Nov 15, 02   6:15 PM     

Hey Uglystick, i dont know much about trannys, i'll stay out of that one. As for the hp in an 80's stang im kool. Hey your friends engine is bone stock, so beef up the cam shaft, and open up the whole exhaust system, Headers, personally i like the Shorties, they're cheaper, and get a HighFlow X pipe from Bassani off road (no cats) is way cheaper than the one with cats. If your friend is worried about emmisions crap, let him spend a few $200 extra for the high flow X pipe. Also advancing your timing like 4-5 degrees helps a bit, i read it in a Mustang Mag, so i dont know how credible that is. Spark plugs and, spark plug wires, get a cold air fender well, and you should have a good stang. As for the oil leaks, seals seals seals.

1/4mile+11.85seconds= me
uglystick
Re: where'd all the 5.0 people go - buildup questions.   Posted Fri Nov 15, 02   6:48 PM     

man, i have no idea where his project is at right now. i went along with him to check the car out and evidently because i have no catalogue of ford casting numbers in my head, i failed him in being there.

oh well, life goes on. i feel pretty bad about it though. sometimes you have to learn when it's time to stop helping to avoid someone blaming you for something in the future...even though you would have never bought a mustang in the first place...feel me?

jason

'75 BMW 3.0 CS - Terribly Un-stock.
Satanismycopilot
Re: where'd all the 5.0 people go - buildup questions.   Posted Fri Nov 15, 02   9:37 PM     

i would have but in my town...there are two types of fast cars....mustang's and camaros. almost every single one of my friends has a mustang or a cougar 5.0. i have reliable people,....not saying your unreliable ugly but your a chibby guy not a ford guy.....one would think it would be common knowledge if the man drives chevy's most likely he knows dick about fords and vise versa. get me? its not your fault. your friend should have brought a guy that knows nothing but fords. its more his fault then yours. You were just being a good friend :-)

Re: where'd all the 5.0 people go - buildup questions.   Posted Fri Nov 15, 02   10:02 PM     

Don't underestimate the power of the Uglystick

-Ben

FordFactor

Re: where'd all the 5.0 people go - buildup questions.   Posted Sat Nov 16, 02   9:13 AM     

Amen Peabody, amen.

1/4mile+11.85seconds= me
MrPeabody

Re: where'd all the 5.0 people go - buildup questions.   Posted Sat Nov 16, 02   11:35 AM     

Hey,
Haven't seen you in a while. How's the stang?

-Ben

FordFactor

Re: where'd all the 5.0 people go - buildup questions.   Posted Tue Nov 19, 02   8:39 PM     

its runnin, oil leaks here and there, but its still strong.

1/4mile+11.85seconds= me
Pages in this thread: 1 (2) 3