This forum has been archived. You will not be able to log in, register, or post.

Main >> Domestic Forum Thread views: 21837

Pages in this thread: (1) 2  
dragonrider87
ok what next   Posted Mon Oct 28, 02   9:43 PM     

hey ive been on and off this site keeping a low profile mostly but once again i have to pipe up and ask a question in my 87 bird i pulled a 14.9 on a set of mt slicks ive done every thing to my motor that i can think of except change the heads and block i got ram air intake and a 100 percent free flowing exaust low temp thermostat forged every thing and so i am trying to figure out where 2 go from here i could hook up a 100 shot of nitrous or naaaaawwwwsss an its commonly referred to but the engine has an insane amount of miles 2 it like around 199k give or take a hundred i had a freind of mine who works with ford motorsports rebuild it any way im stuck i cant think of any thing more to do with the motor got the tranny set up and i got 373 reaer gears in the rear yes i know i could super or turbo it but i aint rich so what would u suggest besides spell check

do you think we could play another game maybe you could win this time
Metal396
Re: ok what next   Posted Mon Oct 28, 02   10:18 PM     

How about weight reduction? how much it weigh stock?

----------------------------------------------------
http://www.geocities.com/spddemontc
Rock on.

hooyeah
Re: ok what next   Posted Mon Oct 28, 02   10:49 PM     

well you have'nt nearly fone everything if you only run 14.9 with slicks that like a 300 hp time theres way more potential than that obviously sometihng is off in themotor if you think you've done everything

-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-
resident chevette lover!

future chevette lover ->> [External Image Removed]
MrPeabody

Re: ok what next   Posted Tue Oct 29, 02   12:08 AM     

Get rid of the Ford and get a Chevy:P j/k My bud has a 87 T'bird, (who also happens to live in Oregon), and is planning on working on it, hasn't done anything yet so I couldn't help ya, good luck anyways

-Ben

dragonrider87
Re: ok what next   Posted Tue Oct 29, 02   7:42 AM     

hey mr p who's your buddy oh and im trying to figure out what i can get rid of besides the back seat and the spare the way it sits now its almost 4500lb
oh and one last thing on a quiet night you can hear a chevy rust

quik67firebird
Re: ok what next   Posted Tue Oct 29, 02   8:11 AM     

I would suggest some new valve springs with a set of roller rockers. Then I would go with a new cam and lifters. If you've got a forged bottom end then the motor will respond well to higher revs.

uglystick
Re: ok what next   Posted Tue Oct 29, 02   10:29 AM     

yeah you could hear a ford rust in the middle of times square.

jason

'75 BMW 3.0 CS - Terribly Un-stock.
dragonrider87
Re: ok what next   Posted Tue Oct 29, 02   3:39 PM     

i got performance/forged valve springs valves every thing flat top forged pistons i went to town on forged shit when i got it rebuilt i got an rv cam ford racing roller rockers all that good shit im thinking about upgrading to an e303 ford racing cam and the intake is extrude honed and polished oh and i got a ford racing 70mm throttle body the ram air system has a k&n racing/offroad air filter here in about a week or so im gonna get a hypertech 3 and an air/fuel ratio gauge

MrPeabody

Re: ok what next   Posted Tue Oct 29, 02   3:56 PM     

Forged valve springs huh... ok.
Um my bud lives in Madras.

-Ben

dragonrider87
Re: ok what next   Posted Tue Oct 29, 02   4:00 PM     

performance srings i thought about that forged sriong thing right after i typed it

uglystick
Re: ok what next   Posted Tue Oct 29, 02   4:03 PM     

F303!!!

if you've got a full forged bottom end, put a 50 shot on it.

jason

quik67firebird
Re: ok what next   Posted Wed Oct 30, 02   7:50 AM     

I agree, put the nitrous shot on it.

I'd also upgrade that RV cam, since you put the motor together with all those forged parts, make them work for you. Get the biggest cam that will pass the sniffer test when you have to get is smogged.

...James

uglystick
Re: ok what next   Posted Wed Oct 30, 02   10:28 AM     

yup. i dunno about an rv cam. they're pretty torque oriented and it sounds to me like you've got a horsie engine there. hell, if the smog sniffer tests from 1-2500, make the cam good from 2800 up.

but do the nitrous shot first, then see if you want to pull the engine and/or the radiator, etc. to install a new cam.

what does your current cam redline at? with a forged bottom end, i think you would be well benefitted with the following:

assuming your car is fuel injected:

1. mass air system from a later mustang
2. bbk throttle body
3. gt40 upper and lower intake
4. ford B303 or F303 cam depending on your gears
5. limited slip unit (OR IF YOU HAVE ONE:
6. change the gears out back.

that'll be plenty to keep ya busy for a while. any more questions, feel free to ask.

jason

LS4_454
Re: ok what next   Posted Wed Oct 30, 02   10:03 PM     

That is a sad ET if you have that much into your motor. My stock 454 in a big '70 Caprice and 2.73 gears/open diff /radial street tire ran a 14.74, which is still a sad time. What kind of MPH are you running in the 1/4? Have you actually weighed the car? That seems heavy for that car, my Caprice weighs 4300 pounds and it is BIG.

Satanismycopilot
Re: ok what next   Posted Thu Oct 31, 02   10:53 AM     

i have a 90 cougar LS and it wieghs 3875 454. they are not big cars but our cars are very heavy