This forum has been archived. You will not be able to log in, register, or post.

Main >> Domestic Forum Thread views: 21837

Pages in this thread: 1 (2)  
MrPeabody

Re: ok what next   Posted Thu Oct 31, 02   12:27 PM     

Damn... you guys need to get your cars on a diet. My civ weighs 1900 lbs. That's why I only need 160 HP to run 14's... it just costs 10 times more

-Ben

Satanismycopilot
Re: ok what next   Posted Thu Oct 31, 02   4:45 PM     

i wish it was that easy for me to say "ok im gonna rip the back seat out and the front seats and put light wieght racing seats in". my front seats wieght about 75lbs a piece because they are power. my friend has a 91 5.0 with only one power seat and he wieghs 3800 even

Re: ok what next   Posted Thu Oct 31, 02   10:04 PM     

man... i never realized exactly how heavy them old cars are... my fiero (right now) weighs around 2500 pounds with a 350 SBC V8 in it.... and thats with completely stock interior and cast iron heads and intake... i could make it lighter with some aluminum heads and such... then get some lighter shit inside... and a few other things... but then i'm unsure if it would stay stuck to the ground or not... lol...

-Gor

LS4_454
Re: ok what next   Posted Fri Nov 1, 02   10:21 PM     

Hey Peabody, my bug also weighs 1900 lbs but only makes 140hp and runs mid 13's, full steel car, full interior, runs this number in full street trim, even with a muffler. I am (was) always ready to go, none of this "wait until I remove my headlight and seats" routine. Is 160 hp what you "think" it has? At 160 hp you should be getting close to 12's.

hooyeah
Re: ok what next   Posted Fri Nov 1, 02   11:08 PM     

12s with 160 so a civic type r the jap one with 200 hp should run like 11s then?

ford racing the biggest oxymoron EVER!
-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-
resident chevette lover!

future chevette lover ->> [External Image Removed]
dragonrider87
Re: ok what next   Posted Sat Nov 2, 02   12:16 AM     

found my problem i had a slight tweek in the post on the 65mm throttle body that prevented me from a true full throttle plus a bad plug wire havent had a nother chance to test it i got 373 rear gears H.O intake from a 86 mustang the throttle body is bbk i think dont remember off the top of my head i got absolutely no experience with the mass air thing or i would have done that already already has a limited slip rear and by the time you read this it should have an aluminum drive shaft oh and by the way in case we forget limited slip rear mass horse power and fresh gravel or wet pave ment are not or friends not to mention 90 mph racoons on a dark windy road although if its any consolation he didnt suffer but i couldnt find the upper half of him either

do you think we could play another game maybe you could win this time
MrPeabody

Re: ok what next   Posted Sat Nov 2, 02   12:22 PM     

See, the problem is your bug is RWD, mine is FWD, your's has traction and mine doesn't It's a bummer, but I eccept it for the badass gas mileage Just check out the pros. The guys running 10's FWD in a 1/4 have trap speeds of 160 or so, there's a huge prob with traction

-Ben

LS4_454
Re: ok what next   Posted Sat Nov 2, 02   6:31 PM     

Hi Hooyeah,
Maybe close to 12's which could still be 13.0 to 13.20's. It seems most ricers like to keep that "freeway" gearing, do they use 2 gears or 3 in the 1/4? Change the gears and find some traction and the car should dip into the 12's.

LS4_454
Re: ok what next   Posted Sat Nov 2, 02   6:38 PM     

Hey Peabody,
Dont some of the pros run wheelie bars except that they load them up so the front end is pushed down? Thought I saw that while watching a import drag show. Besides traction they also have a problem with eating up halfshafts almost every run when they get down into the 10's. At 160mph they should be closer to the 9's if the could get all that power to the ground. Its great that they can go that fast with FWD, but RWD is the only way to go. I've also seen many people using the older RWD Toyotas and Datsuns (Nissan) which would be my preference if i went with a ricer import instead of my Bug.

MrPeabody

Re: ok what next   Posted Sat Nov 2, 02   6:43 PM     

Yeah, axles tend to snap when one's running 600+ HP up front. The fastest FWD's right now are in the 8's. I agree that in the end, RWD is the fastest, I just have to live with a civ till i'm out of college, then i'll invest in a Supra and start handing ass

-Ben

MrPeabody

Re: ok what next   Posted Sat Nov 2, 02   6:47 PM     

Most imports in the 1/4 use 5 spds and go through 4 of the gears. Some are switching over to 6 spd sequential gearboxes, but that's just the big players since one of those boxes costs major bucks...

-Ben

hooyeah
Re: ok what next   Posted Sat Nov 2, 02   7:09 PM     

they're traction bars one of the faste rimport guys runs a pneumatic set that push the weight to the front for the first 100 feet or so then lift up so theres as little drag as possible

ford racing the biggest oxymoron EVER!
-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-
resident chevette lover!

future chevette lover ->> [External Image Removed]
Pages in this thread: 1 (2)