This forum has been archived. You will not be able to log in, register, or post.

Main >> Domestic Forum Thread views: 9182

Kutsuju_racing
stock chevelle SS?   Posted Mon Oct 21, 02   9:40 PM     

ok just need some help calling bullshit on this guy at work. He says he use to have a stock 69 chevelle SS with a 396 in it. He said STOCK he was running mid to low 13s? is he full of shit? that's a big ass car and yeah, it's a big block but come on now? I'll give him mid to high 14's but come on man. I've seen a blown chevelle that sounded like a damn monster coming off the line like a batt outta hell and that dude was running 13.2's I don't see it but he swears up and down that he did....what do you guys think. now remember he said STOCK!

Kutsuju Racing Pres
hooyeah
Re: stock chevelle SS?   Posted Mon Oct 21, 02   9:43 PM     

it's possible with alot of driving skill to clip into the 13 second range

-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-
leak WHAT LEAK? ohhh that, it's not leaking oil it's just marking it's territory.

resident chevette lover!
hooyeah
Re: stock chevelle SS?   Posted Mon Oct 21, 02   9:53 PM     

also he may have had a stock motor but i highly doubt he had stock tires may have been running a good set of slicks if he can get all 375 (factory rated) hp to the ground it's actually probably around 400 425 hp if he can get it to hook up i can se eit happening

leak WHAT LEAK? ohhh that, it's not leaking oil it's just marking it's territory.

resident chevette lover!
Stryker
Re: stock chevelle SS?   Posted Mon Oct 21, 02   10:39 PM     

He probably didn't have stock gears either. lol

~~~::::<Curtis Stryker>::::~~~
BlownGTP

Re: stock chevelle SS?   Posted Tue Oct 22, 02   7:40 AM     

low 14's sounds more realistic to me.

--------------------------------------------------------------ILL BE WAITING AT THE NEXT LIGHT!
uglystick
Re: stock chevelle SS?   Posted Tue Oct 22, 02   9:57 AM     

not stock. bull fucking shit. stock had polyglass tires that gutted the ability of that car to run a 1/4 mile. second off, those cars were 'orderable' from the factory. you could tell them you wanted 4.11 gears and a 4 speed with an aluminum intake, etc, etc... but even with all those goodies on board, the tires would defeat the abilities. with slicks, hell yeah. not with glass on the shoes though.

jason

'75 BMW 3.0 CS - Terribly Un-stock.
Metal396
Re: stock chevelle SS?   Posted Tue Oct 22, 02   3:10 PM     

With slicks, and a good driver, it sounds very possible to me......

----------------------------------------------------
http://www.geocities.com/spddemontc
Rock on.

Cutlass

Re: stock chevelle SS?   Posted Tue Oct 22, 02   7:30 PM     

the super all drags have cars running low 13s with no problem. i know a couple guys that run in those events and with the exception of slicks that have to be stock sized the cars motors and all are totally stock.

-------------- 470 cubic inches of pissed off Oldsmobile.
hooyeah
Re: stock chevelle SS?   Posted Tue Oct 22, 02   8:39 PM     

i read a magazine article about that class atleast i think it was that class youre allowed to go up one tire size and those engines are not stock youre allowed to do anytihng that can't be noticed so strokers and mild cams are all over that racing series as long as the exhaust sounds stock and it looks stock

resident chevette lover!
Kutsuju_racing
Re: stock chevelle SS?   Posted Wed Oct 23, 02   6:15 PM     

well fellas he said it came with a 4 speed in it but he said nothing else stock everything!!!!

Kutsuju Racing Pres
hooyeah
Re: stock chevelle SS?   Posted Wed Oct 23, 02   8:14 PM     

theres no way he hit 13s on stock tires

resident chevette lover!
70SSCLONE

Re: stock chevelle SS?   Posted Wed Nov 20, 02   12:34 PM     

WELL MINE CHEVELLE IS MOSTLY STOCK AND I RUN A HIGH 13S. AND MINE IS AUTOMATIC & WITH A 350. i THINK HE COULD RUN 13S ON A STOCK 396

uglystick
Re: stock chevelle SS?   Posted Wed Nov 20, 02   12:38 PM     

hey that's a nice lookin chevelle! the main issue with a bone stock 396 was the polyglass tires. death to holeshot.

jason

'75 BMW 3.0 CS - Terribly Un-stock.
hooyeah
Re: stock chevelle SS?   Posted Wed Nov 20, 02   1:55 PM     

i'm sure that by now 30 years later the tires would have been changed

8 valve OHC 4 cyl 95 cubic inches of pissed off chevy65 HP 80 ft-lbs Borg-Warner T5 2300lbs
[External Image Removed]
VROOMMMM!
Metal396
Re: stock chevelle SS?   Posted Wed Nov 20, 02   2:23 PM     

Your chevelle looks great man! Keep it up! And show off more pics hehe

----------------------------------------------------
http://www.geocities.com/spddemontc
Rock on.
[External Image Removed]