This forum has been archived. You will not be able to log in, register, or post.

Misc >> CVSR News Thread views: 200119

Pages in this thread: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 (8) 9  
ms692
Re: Drag-City Groundbreaking   Posted Tue Jul 20, 04   9:58 AM     

IS THERE A POINT TO ANY OF THIS??

you can go fast but i can go anywhere because i own a land rover
LethalToy

Re: Drag-City Groundbreaking   Posted Tue Jul 20, 04   9:53 PM     

your posts? No.

Obstacles are what you see when you take your eyes off the goal.
[External Image Removed]
ms692
Re: Drag-City Groundbreaking   Posted Wed Jul 21, 04   5:57 AM     

SUCK ME

you can go fast but i can go anywhere because i own a land rover
SweetNeon

Re: Drag-City Groundbreaking   Posted Fri Jul 23, 04   7:58 PM     

fuck off

TheRealMyles

Re: Drag-City Groundbreaking   Posted Mon Aug 9, 04   12:13 AM     

Thank you I am glad that I am a post child for something at least. Kind of strange that I seem be behind these people more then some of you locals. With me being over 2000 miles away. Seems kind of strange I can do that from my little neck of the woods LOL. .......................trm

Peace,

Myles

p.s.
Hope to see you next visit we make out that way.....trm

LS4_454
Re: Drag-City Groundbreaking   Posted Tue Aug 10, 04   6:41 PM     

The only reason to be behind them is to help push them off the cliff for lying to everyone.
The track is supposed to open Sept '04, but as ususual, there are more "delays" ($$$$$$$$$$$$$$).
Now they are shooting for 2010

TheRealMyles

Re: Drag-City Groundbreaking   Posted Tue Aug 10, 04   8:35 PM     

Wow you seem upset. Wonder why that is, only you know. This is the first new track that is not being built at another place. I looked at the site and it says 2005 but I guess you must have insight that others do not. Since you say "2010". So if this track gets going are you going to race at it? I am just wondering if the people that thing it is "scam" are going race there? If they do not get it done I can say wow the fooled me. Can you? Good Luck and hope to see you out at the races when we head back out that way......:)trm

quik67firebird
Re: Drag-City Groundbreaking   Posted Wed Aug 11, 04   8:45 AM     

LS4_454 has a valid point TRM, the folks at Drag city have been giving every excuse they could think of as a reason for delays in the building of the track. They keep modifying the timeline and pushing back the opening dates. When they first posted a timeline on the site the opening date was late 2003. Then they bumped it up to fall of 2004, and now they say 2005. I think we'll all be glad if they actually do build a track, but it's starting to look like it is just a scam to get money from the sponsers that they have been signing up.

BlownGTP

Re: Drag-City Groundbreaking   Posted Wed Aug 11, 04   10:24 AM     

Have you ever thought that they are just running out of money and it's going to cost more than they projected? Thats how it sounds to me. The guy might be going or is bankrupt for all you know and other pepole are trying to pick up the project.

ILL BE WAITING AT THE NEXT LIGHT! http://www.danasoft.com/vipersig.jpg
TheRealMyles

Re: Drag-City Groundbreaking   Posted Wed Aug 11, 04   11:33 AM     

Yes I do see his point I am not taking that away from him. How many years have you been involved with them as in American Racing the parent company of "Drag City"? I can see that somepeople do not think it is going to happen and that is fine. Everyone can have their say. I have seen what they have done from the start. Yes I did live in Southern California I went to meetings. I even was in So Cal for the ground breaking. I am not sure if everyone understands what it takes to do this. If you(meaning that is someone knows they should do it. Not directed at any one person) do it then, start you own new track in the Palm Desert area. WE can not ever have enough drag strips since Carlsbad is closed for good now. That is one less track that ran almost every weekend. I hope others are willing to open a track since some think they know what it takes to. Talk with you all soon.....trm

quik67firebird
Re: Drag-City Groundbreaking   Posted Wed Aug 11, 04   2:41 PM     

You're right BlownGTP, they could be running out of money. Sure. But since they have only paved about 100' of entrance to the puposed drag strip, and if they are out of money already, then this is going to take a very long time to complete.

Hey TRM, I was at the ground breaking (Ground Pounding) too. I was driving the Firebird you see in my Avatar. I saw Cutlasses ride there, but didn't see any others from this board that I noticed. What were you driving at the time?

LS4_454
Re: Drag-City Groundbreaking   Posted Wed Aug 11, 04   8:08 PM     

He was in the primer Gremlin

LS4_454
Re: Drag-City Groundbreaking   Posted Wed Aug 11, 04   8:18 PM     

The problem is that they dont have any money to build this. They have tried to build tracks elsewhere in the state with the same results. One of the main problems is that because of their NSF bank accounts, none of the landmover equipment people will even talk with them.
TRM was at the ground breaking, and when was that? And what is built now? It is just a city street about 300 ft long that leads into a dirt mound.
What investor is going to wait 5+ years with nothing built for a track and expect to earn something back? That is because there is no investors, just pending sponsorship.
The closest they got to building this was the groundbreaking when they hired a local farmer to move some bushes and a truck water tower set up in the nearby field.
This will slowly dissolve, jusy like the drag-city sticker on my rear window.

LS4_454
Re: Drag-City Groundbreaking   Posted Wed Aug 11, 04   8:21 PM     

Yea, 2005, and 2004,2003,2002, get the picture? Probably not.
Race at it? I wont be into racing electric cars at that point.
What have you seen that is "done"? This all started in Rialto, then moved to Banning, and there isn't anything done that shows a track being built. The only thing that has happened is their web site, and that is all drag city will ever be, a place to chat.

SweetNeon

Re: Drag-City Groundbreaking   Posted Wed Aug 11, 04   8:52 PM     

after a few bowls and some thinkin i got a theory, A few low budget investors start puting togeather an idea (scam) to build a track to get biger investors money before the project gets past 5% complete, say they invest 25k each so they have 100k totall. so they have enough money to lease some land, have media advertise the project, get a web site going, have a ground breaking and a road built. Investors would see lots of potential in a business like that, i bet they got a few million from investors then ditched the project

Pages in this thread: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 (8) 9