This forum has been archived. You will not be able to log in, register, or post.

Misc >> CVSR News Thread views: 206231

Pages in this thread: (1) 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9  
FwyWarriorAdministrator

CHP Camaros!   Posted Wed Jun 19, 02   2:17 PM     

Highway Patrol to
begin using Chevy Camaros

The California Highway Patrol just announced it will begin deploying modified Camaros throughout the state. With the I-10 freeway running though the heart of the valley, you can bet we will be seeing them in our mirrors. They were created to aid in keeping big-rig truck drivers cruising along at the speed limit, but I'm sure they would be happy to test them out on a few runaway street racers. The cars are equipped with oil coolers and six-speeds for long pursuits, and are capable of up to 160mph - so running is not an option, unless maybe you're a contender at the Silver State Classic.

For the full story click here.

BlownGTP

Re: CHP Camaros!   Posted Wed Jun 19, 02   2:27 PM     

that is total bullshit in my eyes. we already have those here. we also have mustang cops. its like they arent here to help us for anything, they just want to trick us and bust us. im sick of this crap.

------------------------------------------------------------- I dont know what i love more, cars or girls! actually wait, i like girls more!
1969Stang
Re: CHP Camaros!   Posted Wed Jun 19, 02   2:33 PM     

I don't mess with the crown vics...what makes them think I will mess with a camaro or a mustang...shit...lol...I mean a lot of our cars are fast...but radiowaves are faster..Oh well...

Go Ahead.... Unleash your Beast.... Mine will be waiting...
sweetdevil
Re: CHP Camaros!   Posted Wed Jun 19, 02   2:38 PM     

In reply to:

From the full story: "If we keep changing our look, it will keep everyone wondering if we're out there," he said.

In the Sacramento area, the CHP wants truck drivers constantly asking themselves if a patrol car is lurking somewhere in traffic.

I don't know about you guys, but I think them being low profile is more dangerous. I'm more apt to get into an accident when I'm trying to figure out if it's a cop or not, instead of having my focus where it should be.

__________________ Heaven doesn't want me, and hell is afraid I'll take over!
OneCrazyMoFo
Re: CHP Camaros!   Posted Wed Jun 19, 02   3:45 PM     

well i think its good that there on the streets to catch the fast truckers but sory to tell ya guys they arent out to catch the street racers i know many cops from chp,pspd and sherrif and none of them said that there gunna do that so just dont speed on the freeway when were going to the tracks. But one more thing is that there putting out lke a hit loud of these camaros and its called they will be all over and were ar most of the tracks? ye thats right you guessed it. s slow down on the freeway!

FordFactor

Re: CHP Camaros!   Posted Wed Jun 19, 02   10:37 PM     

Don't be Pissed off, Theyre ment to keep the truckers from speeding, Most of the time where we're gonna do the speeding is in the streets, hence the name "STREET" racing. Its obious that they'll appear in your rear view mirrors wether its a Crown Vic. or a Moded Camaro, if your speeding your violating the law so its a must to pull you over right?

Give me ten seconds and 1/4th of a mile and i'll show you what i can do..
FwyWarriorAdministrator

Re: CHP Camaros!   Posted Wed Jun 19, 02   11:07 PM     

If I came off as being angry towards the CHP or condoning running from the cops, that is not what I intended. I don't have anything against them at all. I'm simply letting everyone here know what's out there. I'm pretty sure just about everyone here has run up their car a little on the freeway late at night, but people who blatently endanger others by racing through traffic, are idiots and deserve to be caught.

OneCrazyMoFo
Re: CHP Camaros!   Posted Thu Jun 20, 02   12:08 AM     

you know what erik your totally right about that. The cops ar out there to help us out and you guys have no idea how much waorthey do to keep us safe! I think some of the people in te site think thre the shit capingon cops but they dont think hard enough to know what eles the cops to do to help us out. But i do think its gay that they dont let us race or even make a track for us around here. sorry my dad is a cop

BlownGTP

Re: CHP Camaros!   Posted Thu Jun 20, 02   7:30 AM     

i think the pepole that are weaving in and out of traffic are idiots too. but i do beleive that some of the faster drivers are the better drivers. at least the faster drivers are focused on the road. the pepole that need to b pulled over are some of the soccer moms that have most their attention on the kids in the back seats of their mini vans and cut you off because they are so focused on the kids they dont even care about whats goin on in front of them. or you have the pepole that are going 10 under because they barely know how to keep the car between the lines. Those are the pepole that cause accidents. i think the police need to focus on that kinda thing a little bit more than the good drivers that like to pick up the pace a little bit. oh and for the truck drivers, i think they should get a little more rspect on the road. pepole are always cutting them off and tailgaiting them. ok, most of the accidents that include rigs are fatal but damn, look how big they are compared to a car. they are just looking for a reason to buy Z28's in my eyes and they dont need them. besides, they stopped making them and now we are gonna waste them for the cops! LOL

------------------------------------------------------------- I dont know what i love more, cars or girls! actually wait, i like girls more!
hooyeah
Re: CHP Camaros!   Posted Thu Jun 20, 02   5:53 PM     

i agree with you the fast drivers usually are the more attentive drivers but they also have longer stopping distances ect making it harder to avoid the accidents they may not see as often. but then there are the fast drivers who get so full of themselves they think they can cut in front of everyone becasue they are the greatest drivers in the world, and the ones who are eating lunch and still refuse to slow down. the fact is though after all of that most of the fast drivers are kids with almost no experience so i feel the fast drivers are still more risky then the slow ones.

if the cops wanted to change their image use unmarked units buy geos or civics buy a little bit of everything minivans common cars cheaper and truckers will never suspect it, they should jsut go to the dealerships and pick up some caravans some cavaliers and sun fires some suvs and some trucks maybe even a civic or two thats how they should go asbout staying un suspected

-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_- CHEVY dodge ford thats just the way it works
sweetdevil
Re: CHP Camaros!   Posted Fri Jun 21, 02   9:23 AM     

I sure as hell wouldn't pull over if a friggin civic pulled up behind me with a light bar!!! You've gotta be kidding!

__________________ Heaven doesn't want me, and hell is afraid I'll take over!
BlownGTP

Re: CHP Camaros!   Posted Fri Jun 21, 02   9:41 AM     

hahaha, i never stopped to picture that one!

FordFactor

Re: CHP Camaros!   Posted Fri Jun 21, 02   2:22 PM     

I'd slow down, and go behind the civic and chase him. Pull him ovef for driving too slow, or pretending to have a fast car.

Give me ten seconds and 1/4th of a mile and i'll show you what i can do..
1969Stang
Re: CHP Camaros!   Posted Fri Jun 21, 02   5:18 PM     

lol...I would pay to see that one...the fugitive chasing the cop...funny stuff...The new fast and the furious...j/k

Go Ahead.... Unleash your Beast.... Mine will be waiting...
SupraStoner

Re: CHP Camaros!   Posted Mon Jun 24, 02   7:58 AM     

Yea, I'm all the way in Maryland. But that sucks ass for you all. We dpn't have any Camaro cops here, we got these white Mustang ones. Annoying, considering they're V4s but whatever....

I think they waste their time with this shit, and most of them aren't going to be used anyways. Not in the right way atleast. Good luck to you CV people, challenging cops and shit lol j/k...don't do that, even normal Crown Victoria's got 501 blocks but whatever...

Pz..!

Pages in this thread: (1) 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9