This forum has been archived. You will not be able to log in, register, or post.

Misc >> CVSR News Thread views: 206231

Pages in this thread: 1 2 3 4 (5) 6 7 8 9  
uglystick
Re: CHP Camaros!   Posted Fri Aug 2, 02   11:10 AM     

bahahahahhahahah...that was funny about the medication. not only should you not run from the cops once their lights come on, but also, it's not THAT impossible to get out of a ticket. up here (and down in atwater, i'm sure), the cops like old hot rods... just be polite, respectful, honest and straightforward and your chances will improve drastically.

it's the bullshitting and the underhanded lip that will make them throw the book at you.

jason

'64 El Camino w/ 383 Stroker; '75 BMW 3.0 CS w/ 3.2l Stroker; '78 IH Scout TBI/MSD 345 V8; '85 Jag XJS w/ 327 Dual Quad & Camelbacks; '96 Dodge Ram 4" Drop, 20's, Purdy...
JcAus
Re: CHP Camaros!   Posted Sun Aug 4, 02   8:03 PM     

I am not sure how it works over there but if you try and out run the cops once they have you number plate details they can just pay you a visit at a later stage.

As for the bullshitting some times thats all it takes to get out of it...other times, especially if they are rookies, they will stick to the law and write you a ticket.

You can run but once they have identified you all you can do is pray they dont find you, I think that you could get done for a number of things such as resisting arrest or obstruction of justice or what ever but they will eventually get you.

testosterone
Re: CHP Camaros!   Posted Mon Aug 19, 02   6:24 AM     

These are the things that really piss me off. It seems that every activity we come up with the so called LEADERS find someway to piss it down. first it was lowriders then our systems, whats next having a officer ride in every car across the us to assure proper driving skills. Its bullshit the goverment for some reason thinks it has to control everything. Now our recreation is being put to the test. I dont see nascar gettin this much slack. (but then again nascar has a huge following with the pencil pushers) . In our society today everyone seems to have a desire to bitch and complain on what there neighbors are doin, Instead of getting off there asses and actually helping to aviod the damages of street racing by bringing in a well observed track, They would rather just keep dumping money into these so called preventive tactics. BIG deal they have cameros that do 160. All that will change is what turbo or supercharger the next racer decideds to install on there ride. Let us focus all that money on a affective plan that will for one time WORK.

IM DONE.
www.pure-testosterone.com

hooyeah
Re: CHP Camaros!   Posted Tue Aug 20, 02   3:26 AM     

if you don't think street racing is dangerous youre an idiot. Nascar is on a track with safety precaustions ect ect..... so they should have speed limits on nascar hmm whatever you say sir becasue nascars can speed so can you hmmm that makes sense **cough hack choke** the camaros if you would read are for truckers and stuff not racers cops do their job they do it well you wanna bitch about it go ahead. don't have a track? awww poor baby race on a backroad not on mainstreet you'll find less cops and another tip you only need 3 ppl to have a race not an entire nation of rice so don't bitcha bout it and about that last comment having faster cops won't make people get different superchargers or turbos because 90% of racers DON'T EVEN have TURBOS no matter what the stickers say

-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_- CHEVY dodge ford thats just the way it works
JcAus
Re: CHP Camaros!   Posted Tue Aug 20, 02   5:13 PM     

Stickers?!? hmmmm...I would like to know where all these so called rice racing kids get the money for HKS, G Reddy, Blitz and to some extent Apex'i. This gear is hellishly expensive out here, so where do all the kids get the money for this gear....come to think of it they dont, they fork out $3.99 for a sticker portraying that they have that shit...get that shit off. I raced a fucked up rice mobile with apexi stickers all over it and left him for dead and his girlfriend was not happy at him at all. I have no stickers on mine and I run a whole heap of shit that I can barely afford on my wage. So go figure.

boo1987
Re: CHP Camaros!   Posted Fri Aug 23, 02   12:06 PM     

All I can say is that in New York since I live here Cops can go over 100 mph. My brother is a cop and he drives a camaro and he says it has a vette engine in it and some work done to it so it is pushin close to 400hp or somethin like that. Anyway the fastest he ever got it to go was 168 and he said he could get it to 175 top. So all I know is not many cars can out run that and if you think you could plz send me a picutre of it ok.

BlownGTP

Re: CHP Camaros!   Posted Fri Aug 23, 02   2:06 PM     

BULLSHIT......I SMELL BULLSHIT!

--------------------------------------------------------------ILL BE WAITING AT THE NEXT LIGHT!
sweetdevil
Re: CHP Camaros!   Posted Fri Aug 23, 02   2:57 PM     

1987... must be year of birth

Heaven doesn't want me, and hell is afraid I'll take over!
Stryker
Re: CHP Camaros!   Posted Fri Aug 23, 02   3:52 PM     

A car that'll top at 175 better have a hell of a lot more than 400 hp! And I REALLY don't think that the state would pay to have vette engines put in all their camaros. I know cause they don't 'round here. They keep the original engines and they just put better performance shit on them...and they really don't do that much. They put a new cam in, put on a performance intake manifold, and upgrade the exhaust. That's ALL they do here, and I bet that they don't do much more than that in NY!

~~~::::<Scorpion Stryker>::::~~~

http://12.252.217.230/curtis - - - Ok...it's still in the works...but it's gettin there.
rotaryracer

Re: CHP Camaros!   Posted Fri Aug 23, 02   6:46 PM     

a Z28 and SS Camaro have an LS1 engine in it, a Corvette has the same engine, just a bigger cam and some other mods. Sorry I don't know what they are, just not much of a chevy guy.

No Rotor, No Motor
hooyeah
Re: CHP Camaros!   Posted Fri Aug 23, 02   7:00 PM     

technically they are the same engine i think the difference between vette and camaro are the heads intake and exhaust and cam they're both 347 cid ls1 v8s. cops cars don't have any work done to them they change the computer thats all take of fthe speed limiter and thats it other than that you can buy one from the factory fact is they don't need the speed they're main worry is toughness tranny cooler oil cooler bigger brake and stiffer suspension and computer is the usual work

-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_- CHEVY dodge ford thats just the way it works
Cutlass

Re: CHP Camaros!   Posted Fri Aug 23, 02   7:05 PM     

my 120 hp Suzuki tops out at 180 stock, i think i can out run them.

-------------- 470 cubic inches of pissed off Oldsmobile.
1969Stang
Re: CHP Camaros!   Posted Fri Aug 23, 02   11:46 PM     

dude my pinto with the Geo engine... will out run those cop car 191mph...really...I gots Z rated 13 tires...NAAAWWWSSSS...Lowered...system...turbo.......spark plugs...and stickers...and my body kit with the 3ft high wing...hell ya...intake...exhaust...6 inch tip....mad pimp...lol...and crazy purple

Go Ahead....
Unleash your Beast....
Mine will be waiting...
hooyeah
Re: CHP Camaros!   Posted Fri Aug 23, 02   11:48 PM     

hmmm hey cutlass would that suzuki happen to have 2 wheels?

1969Stang
Re: CHP Camaros!   Posted Fri Aug 23, 02   11:51 PM     

thats directed to that 1987 guy..

Go Ahead....
Unleash your Beast....
Mine will be waiting...
Pages in this thread: 1 2 3 4 (5) 6 7 8 9