This forum has been archived. You will not be able to log in, register, or post.

Misc >> CVSR News Thread views: 206231

Pages in this thread: 1 (2) 3 4 5 6 7 8 9  
BlownGTP

Re: CHP Camaros!   Posted Mon Jun 24, 02   8:00 AM     

i dont understand why pepole think that the crown vics are all modified. the only thing they have is suspension work.

------------------------------------------------------------- I dont know what i love more, cars or girls! actually wait, i like girls more!
FwyWarriorAdministrator

Re: CHP Camaros!   Posted Mon Jun 24, 02   9:01 AM     

Yeah, and even with that they still handle like dump trucks. They use them because they need the extra seats for captured suspects, and the extra weight comes in handy for pushing the occasional daihatsu into the dirt.

1969Stang
Re: CHP Camaros!   Posted Mon Jun 24, 02   1:49 PM     

and the chip is modified on it and i think thats it...my friends dad is a cop...I will just ask him...

Go Ahead.... Unleash your Beast.... Mine will be waiting...
OneCrazyMoFo
Re: CHP Camaros!   Posted Mon Jun 24, 02   6:38 PM     

Well its true that they have suspension work done to them but that for lke corning and for the fater cops! but there is new kind of cop car that is modified is called the Police Interceptor it has a little done to it but not much. i had a convo with my dad which has been a cop for 25 years nd he says there just basic they dont got to be smoged cuz whats the point ? they max out at 145mph which is petty high.

BlownGTP

Re: CHP Camaros!   Posted Tue Jun 25, 02   7:16 AM     

they have had the police interceptor for a long time now.

------------------------------------------------------------- I dont know what i love more, cars or girls! actually wait, i like girls more!
hooyeah
Re: CHP Camaros!   Posted Wed Jun 26, 02   1:10 AM     

the only real mods are heavy duty brakes tranny cooler oil cooler suspension work and a shit load of added weight i'm pretty sure caprices had a 300 hp engine not positive on that though but they ared efinately not supercars mainly modded to take the extra abuse they need it was in a car and driver issue i think they go for around 50 grand after the options and work

-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_- CHEVY dodge ford thats just the way it works
Valek
Re: CHP Camaros!   Posted Thu Jun 27, 02   1:26 PM     

those camaros for the CHP won't last long ill tell ya that...Toronto Police had a bunch of camaro's.. and what happened to them all?...last I heard they are sitting in a junk yard all torn to pieces

Fat_Tony

Re: CHP Camaros!   Posted Thu Jun 27, 02   2:37 PM     

I've seen a popualr science article where they test cop crown vics vs. a stock crown vic, theres not much difference, only tires and suspension mods and a chip eliminating the govenor. big car, big engine probalby 17's down at the track maybe high 16's comeon those cars gotta be heavy. I bet a lincoln (cousin of the crown vic) could hit 140 cuz mine hits the govenor at 105 like nothing lol once it gets that momentum it doesnt stop

I'll let my car do the talkin
hooyeah
Re: CHP Camaros!   Posted Sat Jun 29, 02   6:15 AM     

it wa ssome cop magazine i read as el crown vic vs. impala nothing against u ford boys but impala won and as car and driver said and with all the added weight those things would run slower than stock crown vics i'm assuming atleast all the upgrades are for durability of the car my friends dad is a cop he said thya re in the shop once a week getitng the oil pans changed from scraping curbs and shit cop cars aren't faster than joe blows civic but they will last a lot longer and take the rough stuff better

-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_- CHEVY dodge ford thats just the way it works
1969Stang
Re: CHP Camaros!   Posted Sat Jun 29, 02   5:58 PM     

a new impala...I doubt it...but I could happen...maybe...but a 95 SS impala better beat it other wise I have no respect for those cars...the 95 ss had a 350 right?

hooyeah
Re: CHP Camaros!   Posted Sat Jun 29, 02   10:45 PM     

yah it did and according to the article the new impala did beat it not sure how they tested or what but i remember the impala wa sslightly better and yes i do believe the SS had a sbc 350

PremiumSyzle
Re: CHP Camaros!   Posted Sun Jun 30, 02   8:23 AM     

Cop cars are no more modified than a cab. Who made the comment about 501 blocks? Wtf, in a cop car? Nooooo. Cops don't have to be that fast... you can't outrun a radio.

1969Stang
Re: CHP Camaros!   Posted Sun Jun 30, 02   8:15 PM     

well that sucks...kinda sad...

JcAus
Re: CHP Camaros!   Posted Tue Jul 2, 02   9:50 PM     

We now have cops with Unmarked car such as fucking toyota camrys, normally they have the Commodore or the falcons but these little shits now have fucking Camrys and Hyundai excels....sure you can out run them but....you aint gonna be faster than a radio.

We also have these vans on the side of the road with cameras in em....the fleet used to be all Toyota Tarago's but now they apparently have fucking tradesmans vans all with the ladder on top....

Trying to crack down the street racing here

Sneaky bastards

1969Stang
Re: CHP Camaros!   Posted Wed Jul 3, 02   8:30 PM     

when they get a mini van like phatmatt's...I love that van...but when they get that kinda fan..and they next time you see a soccer mom kinda fan and its a undercover cop car...well fan..watch out...total sleeper...my point is if they get those kinda vans..well we all are screwed...

Pages in this thread: 1 (2) 3 4 5 6 7 8 9