This forum has been archived. You will not be able to log in, register, or post.

Misc >> CVSR News Thread views: 302509

Pages in this thread: 1 2 3 4 5 6 (7) 8 9 10 11 12 13 14  
GotRiceBitch

Re: Senate Bill 2087   Posted Thu Jan 16, 03   8:09 PM     

I remember when I first showed up on the PS Street Racing scene... not even 3 years ago, it was 95% hotrodders with your occasional import, which usually was something respectable that would actually throw a challenge or two to some of the hotrod guys. We never had problems. Sat out at indian for hours.. and hours.. all night, sometimes until the brink of sunrise.. the police never bugged us. If they did, it was only a "ok guys it's time to go home now...", no tickets, no boxing in, no harrassment, no BS. There were a number of people, maybe not as great as the numbers you see out there now, but it was still enough to where "someone could get hurt" - funny thing is, by my memory, no one ever did - until the imports came along. Now, I have nothing against imports themselves so let's just forget that idea right now. What I have problems with is these dumbfuck kids who, like mentioned above, just follow their friends.. or race stock hondas with beehives attached to the exhaust.. or bring beer, smoke dope, or generally act like a bunch of dimwitted 2-inch dick losers. After they started to show up in more and more gigantic numbers, tailing one another in caravans down the freeway (as if this wasn't an obvious "we're going street racing, wanna join officer?" to the CHP and local police), causing fights amongst other problems, the true adrenaline junkie racing fiends started paying for the stupidity of a bunch of kids. I'm not sure there's any solution to the problem other than telling hollywood to quit glorifying street racing with shit like "the slow and the curious", but, y'know.. everyone's gotta make their buck (even if vin diesel is a fag). It does make me wonder if the parents of these little racer-wannabes know where their kids are, or what they're up to... or even if they care for the well-being of their children. Y'know, there's such thing as a curfew for a goddamn reason, and I wish the parentals would be a little more attentive to the whereabouts of their offspring. I remember my dad was less than thrilled when I'd call him on occasion and rattle on about the most recent ass-whooping I'd seen at the races, but I was over 18 and 5 states away. What's he gonna do, fly out to smack me upside the head? Well, I'm sure he wanted to.. and I don't doubt that other parents would feel similarly.

Actually, I can pin the police intervention to one particular night - as usual we were gathered at 76 on indian, just BSing, drinking coffee, whatever... and some of the import kids showed up. Not much longer before a fight broke out between a couple of drunken morons that decided it was easier to determine whose dick was bigger by throwing punches rather than simply dropping trou and asking a few girlies to be the judge. The cops showed up, a few were arrested, and we were from there on out shooed from the 76 station every time we'd start to show up... as the numbers grew and the problems became more commonplace, the police intervention got stronger and more noticeable. I've never once, EVER, seen a hotrod driver lose his cool or do anything stupid at the races.. every moron I've ever seen was usually under the age of 18, intoxicated/high, driving an import, and/or just generally stupid.

I haven't been to the (street) races for over a year now.

Nowadays, the track sounds like a perfectly viable option. Sure beats trying to sneak around the law to see a race on public streets. If you're really such hot shit with something to prove, put your money where your mouth is and take it to a place where the clock can be the judge and there are no "I beat you" debates.

---------------------------------------
Come away O human child
To the waters and the wild
With a faery hand in hand,
For the world's more full of weeping
Than you can understand
Metal396
Re: Senate Bill 2087   Posted Thu Jan 16, 03   8:18 PM     

AMEN karan

i could never , ever top what you just said. I couldnt agree with you more.

It all just goes to show you, what POP culture does to young kids. I would deffinately have fit in in " the good ol days" back in the 60s and early 70s. If not i woulda been there with you all in the desert a few years ago and earlier. I was just born too late....

I for one DO NOT fit in in todays crowd. And i do not intend to.

All that said, how have you been lately karan? ur arm doin better???? havent been around in a while, glad to see ya back!

----------------------------------------------------
Yeah Yeah, your car is better...... FOR ME TO POOP ON!!!!!
[External Image Removed]
hooyeah
Re: Senate Bill 2087   Posted Thu Jan 16, 03   9:34 PM     

BAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHH **roams around like a sheep**

what if the hokey pokey really is what it's all about?
GotRiceBitch

Re: Senate Bill 2087   Posted Thu Jan 16, 03   10:13 PM     

I never quite fit the picture, I just like to ride in fast cars and watch 'em race. I'll be tagging along to the PSCA events this season with bry and joe (they're going to have bry's 67 camaro running in the edelbrock hotstreet class, 'member all those people who doubted it'd go 8's?), I'm going to be doing little stuff for 'em so I can be on "pit crew" (I just love the sound of that.. me on a pit crew. r0ck!), and hang out at their booth and look cute. Street racing just sucks now. It was good before the imports came along.. sorry guys, but that's just how it is.

Come away O human child
Than you can understand
JcAus
Re: Senate Bill 2087   Posted Thu Jan 16, 03   11:28 PM     

I guess out here (now by out here I mean in the City I am from) we dont have the amount of ricerooni cars as you guys have but there are a few. Mainly the ricers that we do have are ones with a bit of guts to hold to em. but by the same token the cars are running high boost, no front mounted intercooler and are running ceramic turbos that tend to self destruct.

The meets that we have are all hush hush everyone knows every one and are very wary of new people and spectators.

I have on the odd occasion raced a ricer light to light, but after the first run I dont bother any more but they do, I have come to deal with that and they are the ones out here that cause accidents.

We have even more dickheads on "P" plates thinking that they are hot shit with their Laser TX 3 shit, and if you look at my car it looks agressive etc so I tend to get the dickheads wanna race. I will run one light with em and thats it but I dont go above the speed limit, there is no point once you have shown that you are infront of em you have one.

SOrry I know I have been rabbiting on a little sorray about that but I just wanted to say some shit

Jc

----------------
Check it out it's like this....
If I lose, winner takes my happy meal.
But if I win, I take the burger AND the TOY!
To some people thats more important.
hooyeah
Re: Senate Bill 2087   Posted Thu Jan 16, 03   11:48 PM     

now now got rice nobody was doubting it would pull 8's what we were doubting was the fact that you said it would be indestructible atleast thats what i remember questions of the car ending up twisted after a few passes

Stryker
Re: Senate Bill 2087   Posted Fri Jan 17, 03   1:35 AM     

DAYAMN. I couldn't ever top what she said either. I don't know that many words LoL *Just kiddin wit ya*
She does have a point though.
Street racing isn't very organized around here. A kid got killed out at our 'illegal strip' so all the racin goes on on the streets now. Someone sets up a race...places bets in hasting's parking lot...And then hit north ave. *local cruise road...about the buisiest road on friday and sat. nite* and race...Cops actually dont' seem to mind it as much...Sure, they still stop us...But they rarely write tickets...Just a warning, and better stay off north for a while. lol

~~~::<Curtis Stryker>::~~~
They say a smile is a gift which is free to the giver and precious to the recipient. But giving the finger is free too, and I find it more personal and sincere.
MrPeabody

Re: Senate Bill 2087   Posted Fri Jan 17, 03   10:27 AM     

You're right, no one doubted 8's, it was just a question of structural stability

-Ben

uglystick
Re: Senate Bill 2087   Posted Fri Jan 17, 03   12:04 PM     

same thing here. sunrise blvd in sacramento. great cruise street, but it ain't shit for a drag strip. lots of light to light fun, nobody going more than 20 over the limit except the rice, and they have to do at least 40 over to catch up ;-)...

cops have more fun with the crotch rocket riders on that road than the domestics or imports. i've seen 9 or 10 cuffed bike folks pulled over, 1 domestic with no hood and an 8/71 weiand blower out the top of the engine compartment, dual quad, psycho shit....on slicks, probably a 9 second car at best. still, waaay to fast to be fuckin with the kiddies on the public road...

cops just don't want people to get hurt. because when they're out in full force and somebody does, there's going to be hell to pay.

it's still a blast to go down there and skullfuck every import/domestic/exotic in sight. i miss it. should have a tranny for the elco by the end of the month. then i can break something else.

jason

Project Junkyard Greyhound - '75 BMW 3.0 CS; Korman Twin Turbo Intake w/ Integrated Water to Air Intercooler; Single T3/T4 Turbo w/ Rayjay Adjustible Wastegate; Haltech E6K
GotRiceBitch

Re: Senate Bill 2087   Posted Fri Jan 17, 03   9:33 PM     

You wanna talk about structural stability? I don't think anything could break that damn thing, he has it so freakin reinforced that I'd be surprised if it ever came apart.. you should see all the work on that thing, it's amazing. I wish the guys had time to post pictures and captions on their site. I haven't seen my digicam for 3-4 months now as they've been spending EVERY day (I'm not kidding, 7 days a week, MINIMUM of 18 hours a day. I don't know how they don't just die), working on it and taking pictures of the progress. The rollcage alone looks like some kinda crazy jungle gym. You can shake and/or hit/kick that thing as hard as you want, the entire car moves.. it's totally solid. Bryan sure has an amazing talent for welding. But then again, practice makes perfect and he gets plenty of it. That camaro is just amazing.. I'm totally shocked at how awesome the work is that those guys have done on it. I just wish I could show it to everyone...

Come away O human child
Than you can understand
SweetNeon

Re: Senate Bill 2087   Posted Fri Jan 17, 03   10:24 PM     

i checked it out last week, it couldnt be built better

hooyeah
Re: Senate Bill 2087   Posted Fri Jan 17, 03   11:47 PM     

well that settles the chassis twisting problem then now lets see how often he has to overhaul the engine....boy it must be nice to own a race shop

sweetdevil
Re: Senate Bill 2087   Posted Mon Jan 20, 03   9:05 AM     

In reply to:

drinking coffee

BWAHAHAHAHAHA

I live my life one paycheck at a time
Life sucks, get a fucking helmet!

Heaven doesn't want me, and hell is afraid I'll take over!
quik67firebird
Re: Senate Bill 2087   Posted Tue Jan 21, 03   10:22 AM     

I had to reply to GotRice... aka Karen.

-----> Well said. <-------

Street racing is not what it once was........

GotRiceBitch

Re: Senate Bill 2087   Posted Fri Jan 24, 03   3:43 PM     

Thanks... and chad thanks for the compliment, bryan appreciates any recognition he gets for his efforts.. as far as overhauling the engine i dunno.. he doesn't say much about those kinds of details.. but regardless I wouldn't worry about it. He does own an engine shop and can build em whenever he wants.. everything's right there in front of him. I just can't wait til march to see it run.

Come away O human child
Than you can understand
Pages in this thread: 1 2 3 4 5 6 (7) 8 9 10 11 12 13 14