This forum has been archived. You will not be able to log in, register, or post.

Misc >> CVSR News Thread views: 302509

Pages in this thread: 1 2 3 4 (5) 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14  
sweetdevil
Re: Senate Bill 2087   Posted Tue Jul 30, 02   2:10 PM     

honesty is usually the best policy when it comes to dealing with cops... but these guys are really out for blood. A lot of the import guys get stupid and a lot of the domestic guys drink, so the cops really just want to shut us all down. They have blocked off both ends of the street we race on and ticketed up to a hundred people, they really don't care anymore!

__________________ Heaven doesn't want me, and hell is afraid I'll take over!
RatTrap383
Re: Senate Bill 2087   Posted Wed Jul 31, 02   1:27 AM     

Ummm....damn.:) 100 people at a shot? Thank God for the good-ol-boy mentality of a small-town cops.:) More often then not when I get pulled over for light-to- light antics, it's just because the cops themselves want to BS about cars!:) I understand what you're saying though, Sweet. Police starting to crack down more on racing is becoming less a response to the racing itself, and more a result of what it includes or induces. (i.e. disregard for spectator safety with the import crowd, and massive amounts of drinking with the domestic guys.) Although the former is basically cleansing the gene pool, and the latter deserves a thorough beating instead of a fine and/or revoked license.
I'm actually about 90% of the way through the testing for the Seattle Police Department, and I've known enough cops to have something of a handle on their collective mentality, which is roughly "Thall shall not bullshit the police!" If you do get caught, whether for simply going 12 over or flat-out racing, lying/attitude gets you nowhere fast. The combination of police and racers has been around for a very long time, and while the cars and the mentality may have changed in that period, the fundemental rules still seem to apply. Get your fix, but have the backbone to stand up if it comes to it.

Scott

RACER_X
Re: Senate Bill 2087   Posted Tue Aug 13, 02   7:33 PM     

i am tired of all this crap if the cops would just leave us alone instead of checking our ride hight and our turbos then we could race and get it over but instead they gotta trip because our cars are better (lol)

*casper*

sweetdevil
Re: Senate Bill 2087   Posted Wed Aug 14, 02   8:24 AM     

ya, that's it

hooyeah
Re: Senate Bill 2087   Posted Wed Aug 14, 02   10:28 AM     

you don't actually even have a turbo now do you? and they "trip" because you're doing something illegal if you're racing anywhere that theres even a cop around it's stupid and dangerous your ride heights only low cuz u cut the damn springs and your turbo isnt really there is it?

-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_- CHEVY dodge ford thats just the way it works
uglystick
Re: Senate Bill 2087   Posted Wed Aug 14, 02   11:18 AM     

hey racer x, you could probably avoid the cops if you kids would set up races that included two drivers and two cars. AND NOBODY ELSE. the thing they have a fit about is the fact that y'all (i'm generalizing, i know) congregate in one place, then go off in a flock to race a few blocks away. they give you a ton of shit at the meeting place to try to run you off from creating a risky situation.

i mean, my exhaust has two missing collector gaskets. it's pretty much like half assed open headers. i went down to the local cruise area last weekend and didn't even get a glance from the cops. know why? because they expect more from me knowing that my car is nuts. the import crowd it seems all have something to prove. i mean, your cars all look alike in a roundabout kind of way, they all sound the same, so each of you it seems has to run everybody that you get next to, and when there is some kind of a challenge made...

everybody's got to be there.

if you get away from things like that and just organize your activities a little more low key, you'd be surprised at the respect you would earn from the police.

and quiet exhaust keeps them away too. i ran up against an eclipse turbo that was really...i mean REALLY fast last weekend. his bov was about 3 times louder than his exhaust, and the bov wasn't that loud. a well built matched exhaust will help you a hell of a lot more than a 4" open tube fart pipe with a coffee can on the end. i don't give a shit if you think it sounds like gil deferren's car. IT DOESN'T.

alright, enough of my dadvice....heheh, what do you drive?

and now that you mention ride height, lets talk about suspension and what a 2" drop on eibach coilovers does for your hookup (ie it kills your ability to stick to the ground in a drag race...now an autox, that's a whole different story.)

jason

'64 El Camino w/ 383 Stroker; '75 BMW 3.0 CS w/ 3.2l Stroker; '78 IH Scout TBI/MSD 345 V8; '85 Jag XJS w/ 327 Dual Quad & Camelbacks; '96 Dodge Ram 4" Drop, 20's, Purdy...
sweetdevil
Re: Senate Bill 2087   Posted Wed Aug 14, 02   1:18 PM     

ya, and it makes for a real smooth ride on the freeways in so cal. The 10 through banning is all cement and I love to watch the imports bounce up and down uncontrollably, and then they try to switch lanes in the shit, but they're jumping so much thier heads just about his the roof!!! Funny shit!

novaboy

Re: Senate Bill 2087   Posted Wed Aug 14, 02   6:51 PM     

how does lowering a car make it unable to hook? never heard of that.

novaboy
BlownGTP

Re: Senate Bill 2087   Posted Wed Aug 14, 02   9:16 PM     

it doesnt give enough room for the springs to sink and plant.

--------------------------------------------------------------ILL BE WAITING AT THE NEXT LIGHT!
novaboy

Re: Senate Bill 2087   Posted Thu Aug 15, 02   12:53 AM     

wierd...i would have thought that the stiffer rear suspension that the new springs offer would keep more weight on the front wheels and thus minimize wheel spin

novaboy
BlownGTP

Re: Senate Bill 2087   Posted Thu Aug 15, 02   7:45 AM     

well, im not a pro at knowing these things but stiffer springs means wheel hop also if im not mistaken.

--------------------------------------------------------------ILL BE WAITING AT THE NEXT LIGHT!
uglystick
Re: Senate Bill 2087   Posted Thu Aug 15, 02   2:41 PM     

a couple of reasons:

1. big rims with little tires suck dick. they are usually always hard compound tires which means they stick REAL well with not too much torque put to them, but if you get them spinning, they don't like to stop.

2. those tires combined with stiff springs don't let the springs take up the weight transfer of the vehicle, and so it forces all of the pressure on the tires (you'd think it'd hook up great), BUT that also makes the tires break loose quicker. especially when these kids think it's cool to spin the motor up to 5 grand and drop the clutch off the line. dumbshits.

3. you are absolutely right on the rear springs. they keep the FRONT end on the ground better, but the front springs defeat all of that purpose...

if i had to set up a fwd import to hook up, i'd put stiff drop springs in the front and chop the fronts 1 coil. out back, whatever rim/tire combo you want. up front, 13" rims w/ big sidewalls and super soft compound tires. no slicks.

jason

'64 El Camino w/ 383 Stroker; '75 BMW 3.0 CS w/ 3.2l Stroker; '78 IH Scout TBI/MSD 345 V8; '85 Jag XJS w/ 327 Dual Quad & Camelbacks; '96 Dodge Ram 4" Drop, 20's, Purdy...
BlownGTP

Re: Senate Bill 2087   Posted Thu Aug 15, 02   3:40 PM     

see, like i said, uglystick seems to know how to put what im thinking into words. lol

SweetNeon

Re: Senate Bill 2087   Posted Sun Sep 22, 02   1:27 PM     

whats wrong with droping the clutch @ 5grand?

uglystick
Re: Senate Bill 2087   Posted Mon Sep 23, 02   2:12 PM     

nothing at all, as long as you're not wearing a set of 40 series kuhmo ecsta's on 17" rims.... they'll spin till the cows come home.

jason

'75 BMW 3.0 CS - Terribly Un-stock.
Pages in this thread: 1 2 3 4 (5) 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14