This forum has been archived. You will not be able to log in, register, or post.

Misc >> CVSR News Thread views: 302509

Pages in this thread: 1 2 3 (4) 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14  
EnglishBoyRacer
Re: Senate Bill 2087   Posted Mon May 20, 02   4:51 AM     

allways go 4 the polital route, its what happened over here in my local town, we all met up, got this paper signed, and took it 2 the cop shop the following day. in all we had over 700 signatures of support (which was to much 4 the cops to ignore) and from some of the local residents to get us a place where we can show off our motors and for a place 2 race. However in London they didnt do this and several people have gone down 4 noise pollution and distruction of private property

Might look the part Dont go it though
fonzarelli
Re: Senate Bill 2087   Posted Mon May 20, 02   7:19 AM     

englishboyracer...
did you hear about the meets that went on in the merry hill shopping centre car parks near Dudley?
it all got shut down because some people died after driving their car through a shop at 100mph lol dumbasses. brings a whole new meaning to 'Drive Thru'
anyway.. good to see some other british blokes on here nice ka.

novaboy

Re: Senate Bill 2087   Posted Mon May 20, 02   10:29 AM     

what the heck is that car in your profile man? looks like an even more pussy ford focus. and we dont have "cop shops" in the usa. and if we went to the police station and said "we want to go here to show off and race" they would say "ok...um....to bad...have a nice day"

novaboy
sweetdevil
Re: Senate Bill 2087   Posted Mon May 20, 02   1:35 PM     

lol, I was going to make the fuckus remark.... but Novaboy beat me to it. And ya, get over it guys, a petition ain't gonna do shit!

__________________ Heaven doesn't want me, and hell is afraid I'll take over!
fonzarelli
Re: Senate Bill 2087   Posted Tue May 21, 02   3:43 AM     

In reply to:

what the heck is that car in your profile man? looks like an even more pussy ford focus.

its a Ford Ka. Designed by students for students. it is fords micro car. ugly name, ugly car, goes about as quick is a old man with a sore foot. ford were probably too embarressed to launch it in the us of a.

a more pussy focus indeed.

sweetdevil.. you say a petition wont work... but what about a petition with some flowers and some chocolates.. or chocolate donuts. surely that would pursude the police to change there minds about letting people break the law in the name of a good ol' street race?!?!

(for all you 'slower' readers.. i am being very very sarcastic here.)

lol petition lol
sweetdevil
Re: Senate Bill 2087   Posted Tue May 21, 02   8:43 AM     

I get the sarcasm... if I start an email to ya fonz, will you send it to one hundred of your friends? Cuz if you don't, you'll have bad luck racing for thirty years!

GotRiceBitch

Re: Senate Bill 2087   Posted Tue May 21, 02   12:54 PM     

LOL.. omg.. this shit is funny. Chain letters were cool when I was in.. uh.. kindergarten. Does anyone seriously think a petition is going to allow them to break the law? *Laugh* Good luck.

Come away O human child To the waters and the wild With a faery hand in hand, For the world's more full of weeping Than you can understand
BadAssDodge

Re: Senate Bill 2087   Posted Tue May 21, 02   7:38 PM     

what you need to do is actually talk to the people making the laws. Go speak to local republican officials, mention how it will be profitable. I wouldnt waste my time with the dem party they'd most like brush it off (you know that money can be used for welfare checks or some youths on crack center). these are the people who can get the ball rolling

Faster & More Furious
LethalToy

Re: Senate Bill 2087   Posted Thu May 23, 02   6:43 PM     

Alot of people scoff at petitions but they do get things done sometimes. But you have to petition for the right thing. Some of you are talking about a new track opening. Go to the areas of town where most street races occur and ask surrounding businesses and homeowners if they are disrupted by the racing. They will most assuredly say yes. Then tell them that you are taking a petition around to get racers off the street and onto a track where they can't bother anyone. Those people will sign (trust me) and you will find alot of people willing to sign, from street racers to little old ladies (sometimes they are one-in-the-same). They will all agree that they have to be taken off the streets and you can sweeten the pot by including stiffer penalties for people that street race. Cause you all won't need to anymore, now that you have all the comforts of a nearby track. Take that petition to City Hall and bring it up to your council members and show them the support you have gained from the public that say that a race track is needed to reduce the dangerous racing, violence (that usually accompanies races now-a-days), drug & alcohol abuse, etc.....

If you try to petition to make street racing legal or reducing the penalties for breaking that law then you will be wasting your time and you will get nowhere. Everyone has a voice but when the court listens to a 19 year old kid who got busted for streetracing and trying to use " But there are no racetracks around here" as an excuse, and then compare that to the voice of that same kid along with your local Bank manager and his/her employees, the gas station attendant, the local home owners, and other businesses then that voice will get heard and maybe even something will actually get done.

Damn my fingers are starting to cramp from all the typing. I even have that program that will type out your messages when you speak into the microphone. Now if I wasn't so lazy, I'd find that damn microphone and re-install the program...................................................hmmmmm....................maybe later.

----------------------------------------------------------- Obstacles are what you see when you take your eyes off the goal.
DJTai
Re: Senate Bill 2087   Posted Thu Jul 11, 02   2:47 PM     

The reason they are going to be throwing people in jail now, is because, last year or so, two people were racing in Portland, OR and one lost control as a car turned a corner or something like that, and what happened was one of the racers hit the car turning the corner, and it swung around and hit the other car racing, well both of the racers were fine, but the driver of the other car had gotten killed right away because the car was going so fast. thats the only reason they are doing it...

sweetdevil
Re: Senate Bill 2087   Posted Thu Jul 11, 02   2:52 PM     

Where are you morons coming from? And in abundance?!?!?! Did you see that on TV or something? You really think one isolated incident in Oregon is the reason they're stopping street racing???? lmao

ICEMAN

Re: Senate Bill 2087   Posted Wed Jul 17, 02   6:31 AM     

THERE ALREADY IS A LAW IN EFFECT THAT MAKES IT ILLEGAL TO WATCH A SPEED CONTEST IT IS UNDER AIDING AND ABETTING SPEED CONTEST THIS NEW BILL IS MAKING THE CONSEQUENCES WORST

Fst69Chevelle
Re: Senate Bill 2087   Posted Wed Jul 17, 02   2:48 PM     

SHIT MAN YOUR A QUICK ONE!

It Wuz Once 69Chevelle But Now Im Faster And Better! So Fuck You
240AndrewSX

Re: Senate Bill 2087   Posted Sat Jul 20, 02   4:19 PM     

I agree with you about the spectators, they definately raise the danger of any event like that, not to mention attract cops, which in turn spooks everybody, and when people panic, people get hurt. I never go to any major events, to be honest, I don't think it's worth the risk. I'll admit, I don't mind going on the streets, just by chance, and sometimes a few of my friends and I will find an empty road or so and race out there, but major events are asking for trouble.

"The way I see it, it's only illegal if you get caught." ; )
RatTrap383
Re: Senate Bill 2087   Posted Tue Jul 30, 02   2:23 AM     

Novaboy has got a pretty good point, Stryker. The KKK is allowed to hold its assemblies (complete with police protection) because they're doing nothing illegal at those assemblies. Sure, the stuff they ARE doing is completely ignorant and self-involved, but it's not breaking the law. If the Grand Wizard Dragon (or whatever the hell he is) at one of those KKK rallies stood up and yelled for everyone to start breaking windows, the cops would have him in handcuffs in seconds. By going from yelling about how much he hates black people, to yelling about breaking stuff, he's jumping from his protected right to free speech, to inciting a riot, which is illegal as hell. Take the motorcylce rally at Sturgis for example. They pretty much take over the town, but cops will still cite them for burn-outs and racing, because it's still illegal. If street racers formed a club and found a place to meet legally every night just to BS and hang out, the cops couldn't touch them, save for those younger guys that might be violating a curfew law. But as long as there are races or burnouts happening (and lately even that "show of power" stuff that includes building RPMs without going anywhere) the cops have every right to shut it down, and should.
And should!?!?! Say what!?!?! Well, I think so, anways. I've been street racing for 3.5 years now, and I've seen it be as organized as illegal street racing can be, and I've seen things done that turn my hair white as I watch it happening. Whether you're safe as hell or certifiable, if a cop shows up he/she has a responsibilty to the rest of the community to break it up.
I've been to 7 illegal gatherings that have been busted, haven't tried to run once, and I'm pretty sure that's the answer to all of this. As long as you participate in illegal street racing, you have to understand that no matter what you're doing safety-wise, you're sitll breaking the law. There is a HUGE difference between racing on a deserted backroad, and running from the police on that same road. Until the area you live in starts a "Run What You Brung" night at the local track, or blocks off a street for legal racing, be as safe as you can with what youv'e got. But if it does get busted up by the police, be stand-up about it and take what youv'e got coming. Not once have I been cited for any of the racing I've done, because I didn't cut and run, and I was honest when they asked me questions. As long as street racers continue to scatter like cockroaches when the kitchen light comes on, it'll do nothing but perpetuate the image of lawlessness and total disregard for others' safety.

Pages in this thread: 1 2 3 (4) 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14