This forum has been archived. You will not be able to log in, register, or post.

Misc >> CVSR News Thread views: 302509

Pages in this thread: 1 (2) 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14  
Cutlass

Re: Senate Bill 2087   Posted Thu May 2, 02   4:12 PM     

i seriously doubt this bill will stop anything. it just changes things a little, we'll just have to start racing for a limited time and then moving to a different area, uses more gas but at least you won't get busted as fast. plus it may help to start racing in the eastern part of the valley where nobody really pays attention to whats going on.

-------------- smokeing is bad........getting smoked is worse.
Stryker
Re: Senate Bill 2087   Posted Thu May 2, 02   4:21 PM     

That might work, but what REALLY needs to happen, is some organization! Sure...The setup they had in the Fast and the Furious was organized...but not legaly. What NEEDs to happen, is someone who knows the ropes and the dopes of law needs to start an organization. Like 'Coachella Vally Street Racers Association.' And have a member's club. I mean, think about it. The cops can't stop the KKK from holding their little discrimination assembalies. They actually have to keep the anti-KKK from attacking them. So if someone were to actually ORGANIZE this shit, and have everyone become a member, then when the cops come to break everyone up, just say 'We have a constitutional right to be here. We have a right to free assembaly!' And the cops won't be able to do shit about it without breaking our rights! The only problem is, that it needs to be a legal club, or association or something that's considered legit. I mean, if we all be smart about this, then we can gather, and when the cops aren't lookin, we can race, and ta daaaa....No more worries about the law! Ok. I've just added another two cents to this conversation...

~~~::::<Scorpion Stryker>::::~~~
Valek
Re: Senate Bill 2087   Posted Thu May 2, 02   5:16 PM     

i say blame the crap racing these days on stupid movies like Fast and the Furious with the crap ricers. street races now is all little 4 banger honda hatchbacks lineing the street with only a fart can added to it and the people think they got a hardcore G-machine. thats what its like in ontario...and like the movie the cops come cuz they block the streets and blare the crap music. the cops even come with the helipcopters now that send them into an even bigger frenzy to get away.

FordFactor

Re: Senate Bill 2087   Posted Thu May 2, 02   6:06 PM     

'Coachella Vally Street Racers Association.'

That sounds like a good idea to me. Who would be the president, (most likely Erik) and where would the official location of this Association be?

C'mon Erik, what do you say? Lets get some ideas like these off the ground, like the one you pulled with the Miss CVSR contest.

Give me ten seconds and 1/4th of a mile and i'll show you what i can do..
novaboy

Re: Senate Bill 2087   Posted Thu May 2, 02   6:31 PM     

yea and we should have "street racers" in the name to...hello? i say we just ban the silly little ricers. that would solve all the problem there. only 14 second and faster hondas....all 3 of them lol!!!!

novaboy
Stryker
Re: Senate Bill 2087   Posted Thu May 2, 02   6:48 PM     

Actually, when I stated that, I didn't mean JUST for the people in the forum here. I meant like a City-to-City thing. Yeah, I could tell the cops right now that 'I'm a member of CVSR.net, and we are an official organization.' yeah..get my ass arrested! It was just an idea anyway. It wasn't a very good one. Forget I posted it...

novaboy

Re: Senate Bill 2087   Posted Thu May 2, 02   7:48 PM     

im just saying that having the "street racer" in the name is asking for trouble. imagien the cops going to a klan house and breaking it up and on member says "no its ok we aare a club...the kkk...we have a right to asemble"....hahahaha!!!!! how about "cochella valley street rodding asociation" then we can still have the cvsr name.

novaboy
TheRealMyles

Re: Senate Bill 2087   Posted Thu May 2, 02   11:55 PM     

Well I can agree with Anachie on a lot of what he said. The part of "plus, i find this new breed of racer to not really know the "rules" of the street or how to handle themselves in a race. the set up today is nuts. people and cars lining the streets in front of the racers???"

So True They do not know the "rules" I have been street racing for more then 20 years. LOL I know I most likely one of the oldest out here LOL Any way We use to agree with the City (cops) that if we meet in your city to set up a race we did not race in their city. As simple as that. An we stuck to it. We stuck to so much that in the cities that we did race in most of the time the cops would give us only about 10 of us 5 minutes to leave if not we would be sited. We also use to race on only a couple of streets. So we had hardly any problems other then people finding out where we raced and by the time we got there it was busted so we would have to find another street. I have had 3 friends die street racing. 1 was in his own car the other 2 where in cares they where hired to drive. Most of my friends asked me to stop driving for others now I am glad they did I have 2 wonderful kids and a wonderful wife. Now I can enjoy it with them . I do know that street racing will happen no matter what they do. It did not stop us when they made aiding and abidding if you where the starter. I kept starting races, maybe even more since it was hard to find someone to do it. Oh well I saw the part on the news I hope it does not go through. But only time will tell. Good Luck everyone..mls

Peace,

TRM

Stryker
Re: Senate Bill 2087   Posted Fri May 3, 02   1:08 AM     

In reply to:

im just saying that having the "street racer" in the name is asking for trouble. imagien the cops going to a klan house and breaking it up and on member says "no its ok we aare a club...the kkk...we have a right to asemble"....hahahaha!!!!! how about "cochella valley street rodding asociation" then we can still have the cvsr name.

I think that my meaning was TOTALY lost apon novaboy. When I said that, I meant that the group would have nothing to do with CVSR.net. I meant, that if all the street racers in town came together and formed a group, and called it what ever they wanted (I just used Coachella Valley Street Racers as an example...), then they could legally assemble, and hold whatever kind of assembalies they want...even if it includes 'Speed Compititions.' Maybe I'm the only one here who understands what I'm sayin...forget I mentioned it...

novaboy

Re: Senate Bill 2087   Posted Fri May 3, 02   2:05 AM     

i understand fully but what im saying is that if you are a group that does illegal things you dont have the right to do them or assemble on puplic property.

novaboy
GotRiceBitch

Re: Senate Bill 2087   Posted Mon May 6, 02   1:09 PM     

I like the idea with freedom of assembly. Maybe if we dropped the 'street' part and called it the coachella valley racer's association and we made sure to gather in one place and send races and a neutral third person to another place, then have them come back to the meeting place and NEVER USE THE SAME ROAD TWICE for races, do NOT stop and talk or BS on the road, just race and keep going and have the third person filming so there's no dispute over who won, then I don't know if they legally COULD touch us, because then all we're really doing is sitting around talking about racing.. and like he says.. freedom of assembly. Hrm.. he might just be onto something here...

Come away O human child To the waters and the wild With a faery hand in hand, For the world's more full of weeping Than you can understand
sweetdevil
Re: Senate Bill 2087   Posted Mon May 6, 02   2:39 PM     

Ya, until the cops come onto the site, see those videos you just talked about and bust you next time for just sitting around and talking about racing and then posting a video of your..... um, discussion.

__________________ Heaven doesn't want me, and hell is afraid I'll take over!
GotRiceBitch

Re: Senate Bill 2087   Posted Mon May 6, 02   10:26 PM     

No, no.. hear me out. I guess if you get city approval for weekly gatherings of your group with a legit name and list of members, there's nothing the authorities can do under your constitutional right to freedom of assembly. It's not illegal to discuss racing as freedom of speech is also within our rights. If people arrange to race one another, that is their own agenda.. all we'd have to do is make it known that the group will not hold responsibility for those types of actions when applying for approval from the city. If they arrange a race, whoever organizes the group would just have to make sure everyone signs an agreement to hold races under legal circumstances IE a track such as Fontana or the new one upcoming in Banning. This means the responsibility lies only on that (or those) individual(s) involved, and by law the organizer of the group cannot be held accountable. Trust me, I grew up with an attorney for a father, I'm used to all this legal mumbo jumbo and I know the basics of what's within my rights and what's not. Besides, if I'm not sure of something, dad's always only a phone call away. *Shrug*

Come away O human child To the waters and the wild With a faery hand in hand, For the world's more full of weeping Than you can understand
sweetdevil
Re: Senate Bill 2087   Posted Mon May 6, 02   10:38 PM     

k, read what i posted. U go say we're not going to do anything illegal, the cops come by to check it out, leave and see a video posted with a date and time of one hour after they left, they're going to know somehting's up...

__________________ Heaven doesn't want me, and hell is afraid I'll take over!
GotRiceBitch

Re: Senate Bill 2087   Posted Tue May 7, 02   2:35 PM     

It would be too obvious for them to leave from there and come back. They'd have to do it a different night and always go to a different place. The cops would have a hard time figuring that out.. so long as we had city approval for those meetings and no racing went on during that time or that night for that matter, how could they do anything? Like I said, have people sign a waiver saying it's their sole responsibility if they do anything illegal. That way the only people held accountable are those who are caught racing/spectating the race. That's the risk you take doing that, anyway. It would just be nice to have a place to go chill out and BS without being bugged by cruisers and choppers with entirely too bright spotlights. I mean, what the hell was that shit with del taco? Is it illegal to eat now? For christs sake, they really need to go find something better to do. Should'nt they be at a donut shop somewhere? :P

Pages in this thread: 1 (2) 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14