This forum has been archived. You will not be able to log in, register, or post.

Misc >> CVSR News Thread views: 302509

Pages in this thread: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 (14)  
hooyeah
Re: Senate Bill 2087   Posted Sat Jul 5, 03   6:19 PM     

he pulled you over because it's illegal he gave you tickets because those things are illegal...wait you didnt get any tickets did you! bet you don't even have a twin turbo supra and list your mods as upgraded turbo what one did you upgrade left right top or bottom.... silly rabbit

what if the hokey pokey really is what it's all about?
DieselGoPed

Re: Senate Bill 2087   Posted Sun Jul 6, 03   1:55 AM     

Yeah, glows and neons and whatever are illegal cos the police reckon youre trying to imitate emergency vehicles. and thats in ANY colour.
so, how much did you spend on that glower kit? just think, if you hadnt wasted that..... what? $4-500 bucks? you could have spent it under the hood.
What car is it? Does the nitrous actually work? or did you just buy the bottle and the stickers?
Also. think about the word.. muffler. The whole point of a muffler is to 'muffle' the engine and exhaust, quieten it down. So what you have there is not a muffler, its a fart cannon. Which is also pointless and stupid.
Do yourself a favour. get rid of all that crap on your car... including any ott body kits/whatever you have probably got. sell it all, and use the money you get to make your car go faster

A wheel is for ever. A car is infinity times four.
Drive it like you stole it!
hooyeah
Re: Senate Bill 2087   Posted Sun Jul 6, 03   3:49 PM     

i think they're illegal here because its a distraction to other drivers but you got the basic idea

Satanismycopilot
Re: Senate Bill 2087   Posted Sun Jul 6, 03   7:09 PM     

in the states the law very from state to state like in florida you can run straight pipes no cats no mufflers just straight headers. BUT i dont see how they can give you a ticket in a different state as long as you meet your home states specs. because the guy said he if from tennessee and went to virgina and got a ticket in virgina. but i think neons are illegal nation wide because they are distracting along with those glowing wiper fluid things. but muffler? i dont think so

Re: Senate Bill 2087   Posted Sun Jul 6, 03   8:02 PM     

i think they do have to meet a certain decibal regulation in some places but the cops dont really carry equipment in their cars to check sound loudness...

MrPeabody

Re: Senate Bill 2087   Posted Sun Jul 6, 03   11:28 PM     

No shit, and that's what pisses me of. My buddy was pulled over in his CRX a while ago. Cop said his exhaust was too loud. Now, the law is it can't exceed 85 decibels at 2500 RPM. He told the cop that, and the cop said, "I don't know, they just tell us if we can hear it 500 feet away, it's illegal."
Well no shit, I can hear stock cars from 500 feet away. Then we find out they don't even have a decible tester at the CHP. I don't see how you can enforce a law you don't even know the specifics of.

[/rant]

-Ben

SweetNeon

Re: Senate Bill 2087   Posted Fri Jul 11, 03   10:53 PM     

chp in the valley has got one, one of my mod exhast tickets i had to get signed off at the chp was a pain in the ass, i even went throu all the trouble of puting the stock muffler back on and the bitch was still to loud, when i parked the car to go in the office i shoved some steal wool in the exhaust so when it came time for the dude to test my shit it was quiet untill he told me to rev it up at which point the steal wool flue out lol the officer was laughing his ass off and ended up leting me go. my point is officers these days can enforce the laws how ever they want depending on the person they are dealing with

Satanismycopilot
Re: Senate Bill 2087   Posted Sat Jul 12, 03   6:25 AM     

i guess new jersey is different because as long as you have cats your cool

Re: Senate Bill 2087   Posted Sat Jul 12, 03   2:17 PM     

we have the same problem here as well. Cops have no equipment to enforce the law so most of the rice crap have exhaust's that you can hear from a mile down the road.

- Mike
JcAus
Re: Senate Bill 2087   Posted Tue Aug 12, 03   12:09 AM     

Oh man an old thread brought back to life, I even read an old post of mine.

Interesting story about some ass pirate of penzanz out here, who said to a mate of mine oh man I got NOS. He is like sweet can I have alook at it, and he is sure come over, so he does and when he gets there, has a look and the guy goes its a sneaky pete kit here are the "bottles" and all the braided lines ok my mate said it looked ok but when he was invited into the house he saw a soda stream machine (Not sure if you guys have em out there, but they have little canisters of carbonated gas) so my mate goes what did your mom say about you taking the soda stream bottles.....

He was like eh nothing and this rice boy went to so much effort of painting the bottles and getting NOS stickers for em. When asked where he gets it filled he didnt have the answer. lol Poof

OUt here the interstate authorities cant defect you unless they know the laws in the state that you live in

Except NSW RTA Poofs they do any one

Jc

----------------
Check it out it's like this....
If I lose, winner takes my happy meal.
But if I win, I take the burger AND the TOY!
To some people thats more important.
Pages in this thread: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 (14)