This forum has been archived. You will not be able to log in, register, or post.

Misc >> CVSR News Thread views: 155134

Pages in this thread: 1 (2) 3 4  
DieselGoPed

Re: Drag-City Construction Begins   Posted Tue Jun 24, 03   12:12 AM     

does everyone in texas have a fiero or just you two? and if i was running better than elevens id kinda feel a LOT safer with a cage. but they say.... is it for every 50 pounds of weight you lose on your car you gain a tenth of a secong in 1.4 mile time? i think its summat like that.

A wheel is for ever. A car is infinity times four.
Drive it like you stole it!
MrPeabody

Re: Drag-City Construction Begins   Posted Tue Jun 24, 03   12:18 AM     

It's actually closer to 100 lbs.

-Ben

Gorgoth3k1

Re: Drag-City Construction Begins   Posted Tue Jun 24, 03   11:03 PM     

Actually not very many ppl here have fieros... but the fiero community is such that most everyone with a fiero is friends with everyone else with fieros... the car has nearly a cult following... hehe... but ya... in my area i know 4 or 5 guys that have one.. just most ppl that have fieros are enthusiasts 'cuz not many other ppl want one because of their reputation...

and cages are a bitch to put in a fiero IMO... hehe... and they aren't cheap... lol...

-Gor

-------------------------------------------------------------
[External Image Removed]
Caddy 500ci. Fiero
DieselGoPed

Re: Drag-City Construction Begins   Posted Wed Jun 25, 03   2:10 AM     

hehehe, when i first saw the pic of your car )in ur singnau=turersms.... damn i cant type 2 day ) i thought it was a rear engined MR2! jeez, was i a dumbass or what?
look at it, the way its got a vertical rear wind shield makes it look a bit like an mr2, dont you think? no? didnt think so

MrPeabody

Re: Drag-City Construction Begins   Posted Wed Jun 25, 03   11:57 AM     

The MR2 and Fiero are actually pretty close in basic design, mid engine rear wheel drive. Though the MR2 is a 4 banger.

-Ben

BlownGTP

Re: Drag-City Construction Begins   Posted Wed Jun 25, 03   12:26 PM     

and some mr2's are turbo.

ILL BE WAITING AT THE NEXT LIGHT!
DieselGoPed

Re: Drag-City Construction Begins   Posted Wed Jun 25, 03   12:48 PM     

Isn't the mr2s chassis design similar to that of a ferrari? cos all the ferrari replicas are built on to mr2s.

Satanismycopilot
Re: Drag-City Construction Begins   Posted Wed Jun 25, 03   3:40 PM     

here in jersey i do believe if you run anywhere in 11's you need a helmet, kill switch and extingusher. a roll cage at 9's and a parachute at like around 150mph somewhere in there

Re: Drag-City Construction Begins   Posted Wed Jun 25, 03   5:16 PM     

In reply to:

and some mr2's are turbo.

Yes indeed. And some 1st gens were supercharged to, though i'd prefer the 3SGTE (turbo mill) over the super anyday

-Ben
Gorgoth3k1

Re: Drag-City Construction Begins   Posted Wed Jun 25, 03   5:21 PM     

The Mr2 chassis and ferrari chassis are similar in that they are mid engined... thats about it... same with the fiero chassis and ferrari chassis... they're all mid engined... and you'll probably see more fiero-ferrari rebodies than MR2... i think the main kit cars that use the MR2 is the Ferrari Modena and 355... the 355 is more commonly found on the fiero, but i have seen a bunch of kits for the Mr2 also... Just more ppl use the Fiero for a re-body because you can get a donor fiero for $1grand or less and the MR2 is a LOT more... most of the re-bodies are on the new MR2's (or atleast that i've seen) and them cars are $20grand+.... and the fiero is cheaper to maintain if it breaks.. altho... i dont think the new MR2 would break.... hehe...

but.... if you ask me... the Fiero is a much better car than the MR2... altho i may be a little biased

-Daniel

-------------------------------------------------------------
[External Image Removed]
Caddy 500ci. Fiero
MrPeabody

Re: Drag-City Construction Begins   Posted Thu Jun 26, 03   9:07 AM     

Hehehe, nothing against Fiero's, but I would take a 2nd gen Mr2 Turbo over it anyday. The 3SGTE is a badass engine, and can make some great power

-Ben

DieselGoPed

Re: Drag-City Construction Begins   Posted Thu Jun 26, 03   1:26 PM     

Why is it you seem obsessed with jap crap?
and hows the z coming along? give us an update.
its not pink is it?

MrPeabody

Re: Drag-City Construction Begins   Posted Thu Jun 26, 03   2:58 PM     

Hehehe, call me a JDM Whore, I just love their cars. I'm constantly impressed with the quality and designs. I like American cars no doubt about it, but they feel cheap and incomplete to me. I do have more of an affinity for the classics though.

The Z’s doing well. I recently replaced the brake booster. I have to refinish the rear hatch due to the previous owner and his double deck wing mounting points. He decided to glue the support shims with some sort of super glue. So, it has damaged the paint. My dad used to work at a body shop back in the day so we should be able to take care of that with little effort. I need to get the tachometer working and the rest of the emblems put on. I need to find a front bumper and try out another transmission I have lying around. Other then that, she’s set

-Ben

DieselGoPed

Re: Drag-City Construction Begins   Posted Thu Jun 26, 03   4:07 PM     

you raced her much yet? and i agree with you, that wing was phucking awful, belonged on a WW1 biplane!
but yeah, i like jap cars as well. as a mattre of fact ive got a short list of cars that id like to have one of.
i like supras, you can get em for about 3 grand now, vayxhall vectra, you prolly aint hear of em cos theyre leaky brit cars but id like one, a for mondeo or capri. failing that, id either get a crosser (bwaaap, bwaaaaap ) or id have to get a land rover, but id get a 90 cos i love them.
with the rear hatch, cant you just weld a thin plate of metal over it, sand it and paint it again to cover up the holes? or would it stick out too much?
you know some of these modding ricer magazines, they can be pretty useful like that, tell you how to de handle your doors (now aint that useful) remove badges etc, but that stuff could be used for something positive.

MrPeabody

Re: Drag-City Construction Begins   Posted Thu Jun 26, 03   5:27 PM     

Haven't officially raced the Z. I've had a few stoplight races, and i've raced a few buddies at a marked 1/4.

What years are those Supras for 3 G's?

-Ben

Pages in this thread: 1 (2) 3 4