This forum has been archived. You will not be able to log in, register, or post.

Misc >> CVSR News Thread views: 184724

Pages in this thread: 1 2 3 4 5 6 (7) 8 9 10  
j0k3r

Re: The Contest...   Posted Thu May 16, 02   12:59 PM     

novaboy, you're kind of ignorant d00d. Accountants can make a lot of money. My mom was an accountant and now she is the CFO. She makes twice what I do and I make 6 figures, so you do the math.

Also, I never set foot in a college or university and I make damn good money. I guess that is what being a computer geek gets you, but to dog on someone else's profession or career choice is pretty childish.

I also know you have all these grandeur ideas of how much money you are going to make as a Dr. as well. First off, it'll take you years to pay off your loans. Second, do you know how much doctors have to pay in insurance? You will make a good living as a doctor, no doubt, but by the time you're making a good living, I'll be retired. Chew on that one for a while.

---------- [External Image Removed]
sweetdevil
Re: The Contest...   Posted Thu May 16, 02   4:10 PM     

Accountants can make a TON of money. If they have the ambition and business smarts to do so. Personally, gotrice doesn't strike me as that kind of person. (She is currently not an accountant, but as she said does something else making $8/hr) Novaboy is the same age and is pursuing his career goal.

In reply to:

I guess that is what being a computer geek gets you, but to dog on someone else's profession or career choice is pretty childish.

GotRice did insult his (what she thought was) a lack of a career before she knew what he did, and Novaboy retaliated by dissing on her career. But Joker, what are u doing when u say chew on your last post for a while, you are dogging on his career!!! You are very good at what u do, and have the smarts to retire by the time you're thirty, but don't bag on someone who wants to become a doctor (we're short on them in the desert). And I agree with u, dogging on Novaboy's profession because of the downfalls is very childish.

__________________ Heaven doesn't want me, and hell is afraid I'll take over!

Edited by sweetdevil (Thu May 16, 02   4:12 PM)

GotRiceBitch

Re: The Contest...   Posted Thu May 16, 02   6:32 PM     

This whole thing is so amusing.

Being a doctor is great - god knows I couldn't stomach seeing people suffering, and that's why I lost interest in that path. Yes, I make 8 dollars an hour at my job - which I've only had for 4 months. I'm also managing accounts receivable with nothing more than 4 months of learning the shit by doing it over and over every day. I walked into that office with no clue about anything having to do with accounting a few months ago. Now I'm going to be doing accounts payable. And in due time, I'll be managing the office in general. I think I'm doing pretty good.

Just to give you an idea, an entry level VERY lowly paid accountant - straight from the mouth of a CPA - makes 50,000 dollars a year. This on only 4 years of education, vs. the amount of time and money Nova's going to have to spend to be a doctor. That's a noble goal man, and I respect that, but don't knock on being a CPA because they're some very useful people who make some very useful money. I think my bf woulda gone insane without his CPA at tax time.

Devil, I don't know why you get involved. I know the kid pays his own shit and all that, I'm purposely trying to piss him off now because I figured he'd have enough smarts to figure it out eventually and he'd quit burying himself with his "white trash" comments and all the other dumb BS he's been flinging in my direction. It might do you some good to stick to your own problems in the future, because now all you're doing is taking part in something when you don't know the motivation behind it. Like I said, I have a sadistic sense of humor. I always have and I always will. If you don't like it, go talk to someone else. I don't care. I just figured a med student would have the brain capacity to figure something like that out, after all, nova's a genius. Remember?

hehe..

Anyway.. have fun. I've put in my say and I'm sorry that nova and friends couldn't figure it out when someone was purposely messing with them. I guess I overestimate people sometimes..

Come away O human child To the waters and the wild With a faery hand in hand, For the world's more full of weeping Than you can understand
novaboy

Re: The Contest...   Posted Thu May 16, 02   7:42 PM     

how did you get a job being an accountant without schooling? did you get a hand out? i doubt it will take that long to make my $$$ back all the doctors i know make 300,000 a year. oh and just to let you know...im a busser at a steak house...i make min. but take home 50 bucks a night in cash. thats about 13 dollers an hr....just to let you know. that was for all those who think i cant hold my own.

novaboy
j0k3r

Re: The Contest...   Posted Thu May 16, 02   9:36 PM     

Are you going to specialize or GP?

novaboy

Re: The Contest...   Posted Thu May 16, 02   11:11 PM     

i wanna be an orthopedic surgen. i wanna work mostly with sports injuries.you can make fun of me wanting to be a doctor but at least im working on people. im gonna be an EMT this summer. while your doing whatever ill be saving lives.=)

novaboy
LethalToy

Re: The Contest...   Posted Fri May 17, 02   7:42 AM     

In reply to:

while your doing whatever ill be saving lives.=)

Quit being so holier-than-thou. You would get more support and respect from people if you didn't keep making snide remarks like that. I tend to agree with you on most of your points but you wanting to become a doctor and pretty much turning your nose up at the rest of us for not, is annoying. Everyones job is important in someway. I know you have been designated the resident smart ass on this board but there is a fine line between that and being a dumbass. I think your walking that line with a few too many wobbly pops in your system.

How about we get back to talking about vehicles and racing. It's where you make sense and are the most helpful.

----------------------------------------------------------- Obstacles are what you see when you take your eyes off the goal.
sweetdevil
Re: The Contest...   Posted Fri May 17, 02   8:26 AM     

Lethal, good point about some of his remarks... but gothrice is full of them too. The reason I get involved Goth rice? Plain and simple. I don't like you. I don't like your whiny bitchy contradicting stupid posts. Nova and I are friends. So when you try to put him down, I back him up. Everyone on here likes to put thier piece in and back up thier friends, and that's what I'm doing. Cuz it looks to me like the "holier and thou" attitude started with the assuming chick who puts everyone else down and contradicts herself.

__________________ Heaven doesn't want me, and hell is afraid I'll take over!
j0k3r

Re: The Contest...   Posted Fri May 17, 02   10:35 AM     

It's all about the drama.

I am just kidding around, but the only reason I popped in was because he was inferring that accountants couldn't make a lot of money.

And speaking of saving lives, an accountant is going to save your life novaboy come tax time with a bank roll tlike that. You should be more thoughtful

GotRiceBitch

Re: The Contest...   Posted Fri May 17, 02   11:41 AM     

Devil, as I stated above, it would do you good to stick to your own concerns. I give the kid shit because some of the things he says are so freakin' stupid. I don't care if you don't like me. I don't particularly care for your say-whatever-pops-into-your-head attitude, either. You don't see me bitching and whining about your personality flaws. Do you seriously have nothing better to do than back up some guy on a frikkin web-based chat board who hardly needs anyone to come rushing to his defense? Come on now, he's a grown man and I think he can stick up for himself. I know you have 2 jobs and plenty of hobbies. CVSR should be the LEAST of your concerns. There really are so many more important things in life...

Nova, actually how I came to do the accounting work was more something that started as just doing filing here and there maybe 30 minutes a day in the office. I work in a print and mail shop and usually did various things around the floor. The office manager became swamped with work and needed a helping hand. She figured with my 2 and a half years doing clarical work for a legal research company, I'd know my way around an office just fine. So, I started off doing little things and just slowly picked up on more and started doing more work until I eventually just kinda took over accounts receivable.. now I'm going to learn the accounts payable part.. and with any luck in the future, maybe I'll take over the entire office end of things. Hey, it's cool you're going to be an EMT. You'll see and learn lots of really interesting shit. I just can't deal with stuff like tragic things happening to kids.. I'm too freakin' empathetic towards people. You have to have a certain toughness about you to be able to handle that line of work. I admire that. People like you do save lives. A paramedic saved my life almost 4 years ago.

..However, people like you will also need people like me to do their accounting work =) lol so see it all works out in the end. So what's up with your nova? I haven't seen much mention of it...

Come away O human child To the waters and the wild With a faery hand in hand, For the world's more full of weeping Than you can understand
novaboy

Re: The Contest...   Posted Fri May 17, 02   12:50 PM     

i know. but hopefully im gonna have a better accountant than rice. and about saving lives i wasnt trying to be better than anyone...i just think its cool to say "what do you do for a living"..."oh...nothing much...i save lives". crappy part=saving lives for 10 dollers an hr. just doesnt seem right does it.

novaboy
GotRiceBitch

Re: The Contest...   Posted Fri May 17, 02   1:00 PM     

hehe I love how you continually insult me nova, even after I tell you that I admire your career path choice. That's great. LOL

Saving lives is priceless. You really can't put a monetary value on a human life. But I can tell you one thing from knowing a couple former EMT's: The emotional value of knowing you gave that person another shot at life is amazing. There will be taxing times where you lose one or two. Sometimes it was just that person's time to go, and EMTs do experience a sense of loss if that happens. But, those few people who will come back and say "thank you" really make the job worth it, even if it does only pay 10 bucks an hour. So, kudos to you for choosing something so giving to the world.

novaboy

Re: The Contest...   Posted Fri May 17, 02   1:11 PM     

i wrote that before you complemented me....i thought you said i was a 16 year old...now im a :"grown man". lol...the fun never ends...look at my newer posts...more fun....hehehe!!!!lol!!!!

novaboy
GotRiceBitch

Re: The Contest...   Posted Fri May 17, 02   1:24 PM     

Like I said I was giving you shit for being a pain in the ass. LOL.. :P It's a fuckin' message board. People take life wayyyyy too seriously. heheh

novaboy

Re: The Contest...   Posted Fri May 17, 02   1:30 PM     

true but i still wonder why you have such a low view of your self.

novaboy
Pages in this thread: 1 2 3 4 5 6 (7) 8 9 10