This forum has been archived. You will not be able to log in, register, or post.

Misc >> CVSR News Thread views: 184724

Pages in this thread: 1 2 3 (4) 5 6 7 8 9 10  
hooyeah
Re: The Contest...   Posted Fri May 10, 02   7:16 PM     

i'm not sure but i think it;s 5.40

-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_- CHEVY dodge ford thats just the way it works
BadAssDodge

Re: The Contest...   Posted Fri May 10, 02   11:37 PM     

nah it was 5.25, but this year it became 5.75, but i havent made minimum wage in a while, 20 bucks should be nothing though, just cut it off the fast food budget or something

Faster & More Furious
LethalToy

Re: The Contest...   Posted Sat May 11, 02   3:37 PM     

Shit it's $8.00 p/h here in BC. Although that is in CAD funds and our cost of living is probably higher. I am renting a house for $1000 p/month + utils. Taxes just went up another 4.5% and medical doubled to @ $90 p/month. Anyways, enough ranting. Gotta get back to work. Have to install 11 winch bumpers and 11, 15,000 lb winches for a Forestry Firm this weekend. Only have 5 done so far. Back to the grind.....L8TR

----------------------------------------------------------- Obstacles are what you see when you take your eyes off the goal.
TheRealMyles

Re: The Contest...   Posted Sat May 11, 02   6:13 PM     

Remember when Drag City opens it will be there more then just one night a week. They plan on a lot of racing to try and help out with the races.. I do know it will work it did when OCIR (RIP) was around we raced Wed,Fri, and maybe Sat and Sund depending on the funds. But we still street raced. If someone from San Deigo was up we would run them out on Sand Canyon if we could not do the race at the track do to it closing. We would make to somewhere after Friday night and do some more street racing too. But with the Crack downs that I have seen I would think a lot of them would be done at "Drag City" I am hoping to be back out for the grand opening..mls

Peace,

TRM

novaboy

Re: The Contest...   Posted Mon May 13, 02   1:58 AM     

dude...minimum wage is 6.75 wtf are you guys smoking?

novaboy
novaboy

Re: The Contest...   Posted Mon May 13, 02   2:01 AM     

how do you plan on paying bills when your car gets impounded and you have a ticket to pay. hmm....20 bucks or impounded car and ticket....man thats a hard one!!!

novaboy
sweetdevil
Re: The Contest...   Posted Mon May 13, 02   8:24 AM     

yes, minimum wage is $6.75 in California, but it does vary from state to state. I believe in Alaska that it's around $2 and hour. But I agree with Novaboy, if you've gotta race, it's much cheaper to take it to the track then suffer the consequences of being caught.

__________________ Heaven doesn't want me, and hell is afraid I'll take over!
j0k3r

Re: The Contest...   Posted Mon May 13, 02   9:33 AM     

It's amazing what you can find on the internet.

http://www.dol.gov/dol/esa/public/minwage/america.htm

And no, Alaska is not 2 dollars an hour, there is a federal minimum. That site is kind of out of date though.
I haven't street raced in a while, a little stoplight to stoplight here and there, but it is much safer at the track.

---------- [External Image Removed]
sweetdevil
Re: The Contest...   Posted Mon May 13, 02   10:48 AM     

I didn't know Arizona had no minimum wage law!!! That's crazy.... thanks for the info joker

__________________ Heaven doesn't want me, and hell is afraid I'll take over!
GotRiceBitch

Re: The Contest...   Posted Mon May 13, 02   12:14 PM     

Want and need are two different things. When you're poor, the only "need" that exists in your head is the one that keeps you fed, clothed, and housed. I'm glad everyone else has enough money to have fun, but when you're on my budget, that's a rarety. :/ hehe

Come away O human child To the waters and the wild With a faery hand in hand, For the world's more full of weeping Than you can understand
fonzarelli
Re: The Contest...   Posted Mon May 13, 02   2:02 PM     

i know where you are coming from gotrice.. im earning a lot more than minimum wage, but after all teh bills are paid, foods bought and the monthly loan/car/credit card (x2) payments go out, ive got very little left to do anything else. £20 can make a lot of difference some months

novaboy

Re: The Contest...   Posted Mon May 13, 02   2:13 PM     

k well if your that poor you prolly shouldnt be racing. man you really are white trash!!!!!

novaboy
Aldo1

Re: The Contest...   Posted Mon May 13, 02   6:56 PM     

i think your racist novaboy. look at that racial slurrrr "white trash" and shit man $20 per week thats about $1042.86 per year. Id rather keep it.

"Act like my rims ain't clean"
TheRealMyles

Re: The Contest...   Posted Mon May 13, 02   8:19 PM     

Wow Nova here you go again LOL I use to have EDD as a sponsor That was what Uneployement was back in its day LOL...mls

novaboy

Re: The Contest...   Posted Mon May 13, 02   8:37 PM     

im white so how can i be racest towards white i was insulting her.....impounded car=750 and the ticket for racing= minimum of 350 so......uh yea i still win. and i didnt say you have to go every week....and by the way the total would be 1,040. 52x20=1,040...man theres some smarties in here!!!!

novaboy
Pages in this thread: 1 2 3 (4) 5 6 7 8 9 10