This forum has been archived. You will not be able to log in, register, or post.

Misc >> CVSR News Thread views: 184724

Pages in this thread: 1 2 (3) 4 5 6 7 8 9 10  
LethalToy

Re: The Contest...   Posted Tue May 7, 02   6:15 PM     

We have open races at our 1/4 mile track every Friday Night. Street Drags and it only costs $10 for unlimited passes down the track, complete with slips. Sat & Sun though is only for actual bracket racing. Although you could enter the Sportsman class and race all season if you pay the league fees of $850.

----------------------------------------------------------- Obstacles are what you see when you take your eyes off the goal.
PyroSage
Re: The Contest...   Posted Tue May 7, 02   6:18 PM     

I want to be in the contest for Miss CVSR

Fay-Town Import Kidz
hooyeah
Re: The Contest...   Posted Tue May 7, 02   6:19 PM     

the contest is up and runnning u will have to wait till next time jsut came a bit to late

-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_- CHEVY dodge ford thats just the way it works
PyroSage
Re: The Contest...   Posted Tue May 7, 02   6:22 PM     

oh..and uhh...I do talk about racing on here. (not trying to be snotty) I know im a newbie..but i still talk about racing. lol.

Fay-Town Import Kidz
sweetdevil
Re: The Contest...   Posted Wed May 8, 02   8:17 AM     

In reply to:

We have open races at our 1/4 mile track every Friday Night. Street Drags and it only costs $10 for unlimited passes down the track, complete with slips.

I'll tell u what, if we had that down here in the valley, organized illegal street racing would be non existent. Sure, u still have your races from the street light from two macho guys, but this whole 76/del taco thing wouldn't even happen. Maybe we should spend the tax payers dollars preventing it that way instead of ticketing it after the fact.....

__________________ Heaven doesn't want me, and hell is afraid I'll take over!
novaboy

Re: The Contest...   Posted Wed May 8, 02   9:18 AM     

im up for it

novaboy
Fat_Tony

Re: The Contest...   Posted Thu May 9, 02   2:00 PM     

u know nova when u said easy money about the tracks it isnt easy money the most exspesieve part of peeps racing on ur track is problaby gonna be insurance! I mean peeps cant even drive better yet race but tracks are a good idea for those with the resources

I'll let my car do the talkin
GotRiceBitch

Re: The Contest...   Posted Thu May 9, 02   5:15 PM     

There'd still be street racing, because not everyone can afford 20 bucks every weekend to go to the track.. but sweet's right.. it'd be seriously reduced and it wouldn't be such a problem. I'm really looking forward to drag city, it looks like it's gonna be pretty cool. I'll bet it'll be swamped on opening night...

Come away O human child To the waters and the wild With a faery hand in hand, For the world's more full of weeping Than you can understand
novaboy

Re: The Contest...   Posted Thu May 9, 02   6:00 PM     

i know insurance on a track sux. but i thought you sign a waver first...i know i did at fontanna. and the funny part is that even people who cant drive can do ok at the track. i mean if you cant handel you fast car you prolly wont make it to the track.

novaboy
FwyWarriorAdministrator

Re: The Contest...   Posted Thu May 9, 02   6:47 PM     

In reply to:

not everyone can afford 20 bucks every weekend to go to the track

When Drag-City opens, I'll be there at least every other friday night, whether or not I'm racing. It's fun to go and see what everyone else's got and watch 'em run. That and night-time racing is the sh*t!
GotRiceBitch

Re: The Contest...   Posted Thu May 9, 02   7:03 PM     

Still, E, not everyone can afford it. The only way I'll be there is if Bry lets me use one of his season passes.. that or if I'm ever able to earn enough money to spare some here and there. As my dad always says, life is expensive. :P hehe.. but yes, night time racing is awesome, especially watching top fuelers. Yah! Fire!

Come away O human child To the waters and the wild With a faery hand in hand, For the world's more full of weeping Than you can understand
novaboy

Re: The Contest...   Posted Thu May 9, 02   11:14 PM     

man if you cant afford 20 bucks a weekend man im sorry for you

novaboy
sweetdevil
Re: The Contest...   Posted Fri May 10, 02   8:35 AM     

ya, i agree with novaboy.... $20 a weekend is nothing for quite a few people. And it beats the hell out of a street racing ticket

__________________ Heaven doesn't want me, and hell is afraid I'll take over!
GotRiceBitch

Re: The Contest...   Posted Fri May 10, 02   2:46 PM     

It's called paying your own bills and rent, keeping food on the table and paying for laundry on a regular basis at an entirely overpriced apartment complex. That, and additional costs like getting lunch on the run, picking up little things at the store that are needed around the house, etc. considering that I make 8 dollars an hour and don't always get in 40 hours a week, I don't exactly have cash to spare.

LethalToy

Re: The Contest...   Posted Fri May 10, 02   5:58 PM     

BTW What is the minimum wage in the US?

----------------------------------------------------------- Obstacles are what you see when you take your eyes off the goal.
Pages in this thread: 1 2 (3) 4 5 6 7 8 9 10