This forum has been archived. You will not be able to log in, register, or post.

Main >> Classifieds Thread views: 6960

PremiumSyzle
Looking for Typhoon/Syclone   Posted Sun Jun 30, 02   6:19 PM     

Hey guys a friend of mine is looking for a Typhoon/Syclone.. any of you in the valley or close by seen one of these for sale? The Syclone is a GM truck similar to the S-series trucks and the Typhoon is like the Blazers, but AWD with the 4.3L turbos.. 0-60 around 5 secs flat. 1/4 times are mid 13s stock. Anyways, must have less than 100k miles, and be in good condition. Price isn't the biggest issue, hes got a great idea for a project... and hes willing to spend if necessary. But these can be hard to find vehicles (limited production)

fast__as__f_UK

Re: Looking for Typhoon/Syclone   Posted Wed Sep 4, 02   9:22 AM     

I havent got one (im 15 and ova the atlantic!), but my uncle has a sy and they're fuckin amazing! Foot to the floor power on tap right away!

Drive it like you stole it...
BlownGTP

Re: Looking for Typhoon/Syclone   Posted Wed Sep 4, 02   9:42 AM     

wow, that was a while ago for that post. my dads is for sale.

--------------------------------------------------------------ILL BE WAITING AT THE NEXT LIGHT!
uglystick
Re: Looking for Typhoon/Syclone   Posted Wed Sep 4, 02   11:34 AM     

tell me it's a jimmy. how much?

jason

BlownGTP

Re: Looking for Typhoon/Syclone   Posted Wed Sep 4, 02   12:08 PM     

Yea, its a typhoon (the blazer version). it has 65000 miles and only has 25000 on the new motor ( i blew it up about 2 years ago). its in nice shape but it has the old shitty black GM paint so it could use a paint job. Ill have to ask him but he would probably take $10500 for it. its a fast truck. it gets alot of looks.

--------------------------------------------------------------ILL BE WAITING AT THE NEXT LIGHT!
FordFactor

Re: Looking for Typhoon/Syclone   Posted Fri Sep 6, 02   10:33 PM     

What engine size do those trucks have?Can you go bigger? i've never seen one. Are they faster than the lightnings?

1/4mile+11.85seconds= me
BlownGTP

Re: Looking for Typhoon/Syclone   Posted Sat Sep 7, 02   8:49 AM     

They have 4.3 intercooled turbo V6's. I had a chance to race one lightening with my dads and i took him out of the hole but then i didnt gain any ground on him. I did win but it was only by about a car and a half. Gota love that all wheel drive.

FordFactor

Re: Looking for Typhoon/Syclone   Posted Sat Sep 7, 02   11:24 AM     

Hell YEah to AWD. But i could see the Syclone witha Small block 350 ; -)

1/4mile+11.85seconds= me
BlownGTP

Re: Looking for Typhoon/Syclone   Posted Sat Sep 7, 02   11:37 AM     

i think being turbo, it makes the truck more unique. i like that concept and i wish that they kept it around with the extreme trucks that chevy has out.

uglystick
Re: Looking for Typhoon/Syclone   Posted Sat Sep 7, 02   12:35 PM     

yeah i don't care what y'all say about any trucks that are around today. those typhoon/syclones are fast as god. there's a guy in town with the s10 version. i'd want a blazer tho.

turbocharged applications (especially factory ones) allow for SO MUCH play in the configuration. do you know if it has a 7th injector? if so, usually swapping that one injector out can accomodate the fuel needs of a much better turbo configuration. at which point, going from a stock 13.5 to a 12.0 is the cost of a couple pipes, a bov and maybe (if this isn't included with the truck) a different trim wastegate.

i want a turbo so damn bad.... would your pops trade me for my dodge?

jason

BlownGTP

Re: Looking for Typhoon/Syclone   Posted Sat Sep 7, 02   5:46 PM     

Um, the 7th injector setup isnt in the typhoon. If ive learned correctly, thats only an aftermarket performance part. I know the 7th injector is a big thing with the grand national guys. speaking of witch, my dad just bought a GN. that guy has alot of toys
1: 72 GTO with the 455
2: 70 corvette raodster
3: 92 Typhoon
4: 87 Grand national
5: 96 mercedes SL500

About the trade thing ugly, My dad isnt much of a mopar fan as you can see so i dont think it would fly with him. I do think your truck has a Hot look to it thogh. oh and by the way, The GN is for sale already. He had his fun with it. that bastard gets my dream car and dosent give it to me in the will! LOL

FordFactor

Re: Looking for Typhoon/Syclone   Posted Sun Sep 8, 02   11:13 AM     

why doesn't he let you borrow them?

1/4mile+11.85seconds= me
hooyeah
Re: Looking for Typhoon/Syclone   Posted Sun Sep 8, 02   11:42 AM     

because look at them would you let your crazy speed obsessed son drive your gn?

-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_- CHEVY dodge ford thats just the way it works
FordFactor

Re: Looking for Typhoon/Syclone   Posted Sun Sep 8, 02   1:32 PM     

yeah i guess your right...well i'd let him drive it, but not alone.

1/4mile+11.85seconds= me
BlownGTP

Re: Looking for Typhoon/Syclone   Posted Sun Sep 8, 02   5:11 PM     

Oh, he does let me drive them alot but its not the same thing as actually owning your own. There is nothing like the feel of a turbo car, it slowly pushes you back into your seat