This forum has been archived. You will not be able to log in, register, or post.

Main >> Classifieds Thread views: 16935

newagehotrod

Prelude Wanted   Posted Sat Mar 31, 07   3:02 PM     

I'm looking for a 1998 to 2000 honda prelude does any one have info on one or know someone that does, i'm looking for it as a first car

NOS
Re: Prelude Wanted   Posted Sun Apr 1, 07   5:53 PM     

preludes suck: theyre 3000 lbs without driver, theyre a honda(which shit gets stolen and insurance is a bit pricey on most hondas) and since they have a 2.2 litre engine and as much weight as a domestic it doesnt sip gas as good as you would guess for a 4 cylinder. also since it weighs a ton and a half im guessing it might not handle too well

if u read this than FUCK YOU

and ur mom fingers herself everythime she sees me
Silo55
Re: Prelude Wanted   Posted Sun Apr 1, 07   8:52 PM     

Dude, you know nothing about cars, so be quiet. Insurance on Hondas and the Prelude are pretty dirt cheap, and I'm pulling off an average of 30mpg on mine. Even at 3000lbs the 2.2L gives it some power, even for the highway.The Prelude was one of Hondas best handling cars under the s2000 and NSX, regardless of the weight. If you have never driven one then you have no room to talk man.

Anyways, I'm about to sell my 98 Prelude automatic, with about 88k miles on it if your interested *to the original poster*

NOS
Re: Prelude Wanted   Posted Tue Apr 3, 07   9:51 AM     

MPG (city)

MPG (highway)

MPG (combined)

is what a prelude gets.... 30 mpg on highway? thats what most 4 bangers make in the city

even though if like you say it was one of hondas best handling cars... well thats realy not a huge honor whats left to compete with it?

Silo55
Re: Prelude Wanted   Posted Tue Apr 3, 07   6:17 PM     

There is a Prelude in my garage right now, it gets a 30mpg average. It handle's better than most cars on the road, how well a car handles is a pretty big factor unless all you care about is how fast your can go in a straight line.

Rx_otary_Se7en

Re: Prelude Wanted   Posted Tue Apr 3, 07   9:42 PM     

Its about 2800-3000 lbs with driver, slip on some lightweight Rota's and you lose about 20lbs of rotational mass. Slap a good s/c kit on it with standard bolt ons and you have yourself a pretty fun street car. Preludes dont get stolen very often due to a built in immobilizer, and they are very fuel efficient. Please dont post on things you know nothing about.

"go wack you balls to a picture of 2 faggets you homo" << Direct quote from FastFiveO

[External Image Removed]
NOS
Re: Prelude Wanted   Posted Wed Apr 4, 07   8:06 PM     

im not gonna rag on you cuz i like you but ill let the pictures do my talking
[External Image Removed]
[External Image Removed]
[External Image Removed]
[External Image Removed]

Silo55
Re: Prelude Wanted   Posted Thu Apr 5, 07   1:49 PM     

I'm gonan say by loosing 20lbs of rotational mass, Rotary probaly meant combined weight, not per wheel. Rotas are replicas of more expensive wheels, but there are not cheap in terms of quality of wheels.

NOS
Re: Prelude Wanted   Posted Fri Apr 6, 07   10:19 PM     

i guess i misunderstood him then

newagehotrod

Re: Prelude Wanted   Posted Sat Apr 7, 07   1:40 PM     

I've driven one with a slap stick transmission in it and fell in love with the them, they handle exceptionally and the engine has plenty of power for the car, however every one I've looked at around my area (which isn't alot of them about 4) are falling apart or the guys want $7,000 - $11,000 for them, is this reasonable for the car if it was in good condition? If so theres no way i'll be able to get one

Silo55
Re: Prelude Wanted   Posted Sat Apr 7, 07   9:13 PM     

If it's in good condition, as in good exterior condition with no major flaws, interior is in good condition with seats not torn or anythign and engine looks clean and mechanical sound, then around 7k-9k should be expected to be paid, with around 60k-90k miles. For around 10k and up would realy mean the car should be a newer year, with under 60k miles on it and in exceptional condition.

I bought my 97 Auto Prelude for 8500 flat, with just some minor rock chips on the front bumper, and one paint chip somewhere else on the car, the rest of the paint was flawless. The interior was in perfect condition and had no defect what so ever, seats looked brand new. The engine had never been abused and was very clean and tidy, even the wheels showed very little signs of curb rash. Maybe take my story into account of what to pay for when you look around.

Ruffian
Re: Prelude Wanted   Posted Sun May 20, 07   7:47 PM     

Are you still looking for the Prelude?
I have a very clean, inside and out, Red 5speed 1999' all stock except intake plus Blk Leather.... ! ! !

newagehotrod

Re: Prelude Wanted   Posted Fri Jun 8, 07   12:18 PM     

how much