This forum has been archived. You will not be able to log in, register, or post.

Main >> Classifieds Thread views: 40953

Pages in this thread: 1 2 (3) 4 5  
FordFactor

Re: Need an engine   Posted Sat Sep 21, 02   11:32 PM     

SO AFTER A POINT ITS MAITENANCE

1/4mile+11.85seconds= me
Stryker
Re: Need an engine   Posted Sat Sep 21, 02   11:40 PM     

yeah, but it would still be done. I mean, hell, everyone needs to do some occasional maitenance on their vehicles...

~~~::::<Curtis Stryker>::::~~~
1000hpsbchevyFOR

Re: Need an engine   Posted Sun Sep 22, 02   1:03 AM     

nope its never ending there's always potential in any engine no matter how maxed out you think it is, just ask phatmatt

Who has the fastest toys and why do I?
hooyeah
Re: Need an engine   Posted Sun Sep 22, 02   2:08 AM     

you get fast you want faster you get a truck and get big u need bigger it's just the way it goes for every backyard tuner/mechanic guy you do one tihng and you always find something else that could be done too unless you're going back to stock and jsut restoring

-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-
resident chevette lover!
CHEVY

dodge

ford thats just the way it works
SweetNeon

Re: Need an engine   Posted Sun Sep 22, 02   12:22 PM     

the neon isnt built or being built for being a street car

FordFactor

Re: Need an engine   Posted Sun Sep 22, 02   5:12 PM     

Balls Out

1/4mile+11.85seconds= me
uglystick
Re: Need an engine   Posted Mon Sep 23, 02   11:36 AM     

yeah stryker, you've got to understand that when one part breaks, you tend to want to upgrade it, which makes other parts obselete or counterproductive.

perfect example...my tranny. it's about to break, i want to build it up. in order to do so, i have to go with a 10" stall converter instead of an 11", at which point i may as well kick the stall speed up from 2400rpm to 3000-3200rpm, at which point, i'm stalling past the start of my powerband, so i should go get a better cam that is more appropriate for the 3200-7800ish powerband that the tranny will be putting to the floor, at which point, a different intake (torker instead of performer) would be preferrable...

all that shit would put me firmly into the 11's, whereas i'm at a solid 12 right now. the quicker your times get, the more you have to do to shave the slightest bit off of them. it's almost exponential - it takes 500 horse to run a 12flat, but almost 800 to run an 11 flat. and over 1000 to run a 9 flat...

so no, there is no stopping point, it's always a process of change.

jason

'75 BMW 3.0 CS - Terribly Un-stock.
Stryker
Re: Need an engine   Posted Mon Sep 23, 02   11:46 AM     

Ok...I can admit I was wrong...it's just that at some point, I'd be happy with how fast it is, (hell, if I get my truck into the 12 second range, that'd be more than enough for me!) and if somethin broke, I'd replace it with the same damn thing...on my truck anyways...maybe if I get this nova I've been lookin at, it'll be a different story...

1000hpsbchevyFOR

Re: Need an engine   Posted Mon Sep 23, 02   12:29 PM     

no it won't you gotta understand the need for speed.

Who has the fastest toys and why do I?
Stryker
Re: Need an engine   Posted Mon Sep 23, 02   1:05 PM     

Oh, I understand the need for speed...believe me...I do...but just for my daily driver, I don't wanna spend too much money, then risk havin some lameass drunk 16 year old kid hit me...I mean, for a daily driver, there would be a point that I just say 'enough. Time to go play with the speed-demon.' That's why I'm tryin to find an old muscle car...so I can have pick a race in the truck, go home, pick up the demon, and race with it. when I get that car, oh sure, there'll be no limits to what I'll do to it...but on a daily driver, I just think that there's a point when ya gotta draw the line...

hooyeah
Re: Need an engine   Posted Mon Sep 23, 02   1:53 PM     

theres a point where you should draw the line doesn't mean you're gonna you'll find out once ya get up there

resident chevette lover!
CHEVY

dodge

uglystick
Re: Need an engine   Posted Mon Sep 23, 02   2:09 PM     

yeah stryker, but at the point that you reach that 'line drawing' point, you will convince yourself to buy a different daily driver (ie a '91 geo prizm...hehelol) so that you can make the fast truck go even faster...

amhik,

jason

Stryker
Re: Need an engine   Posted Mon Sep 23, 02   2:25 PM     

No, not with the truck I wont. My goal with my truck isn't speed, it's looks. I'd like it to go fast, so I can put shame to some of the imports 'round here, but ultimately, I plan on puttin more into looks/luxery than the engine. That's why I'm tryin to find another car...so I can have the truck as my get around vehicle, and then have a racecar at home.

hooyeah
Re: Need an engine   Posted Mon Sep 23, 02   2:29 PM     

so you're making a *clears throat* RICE TRUCK or "sport truck" as they're ricely referred to

resident chevette lover!
CHEVY

dodge

uglystick
Re: Need an engine   Posted Mon Sep 23, 02   3:23 PM     

fuck that, my truck is a sport truck, and there's no rice about it. it's got sick fuckin rims on it, a huge stereo and a stock engine. big fuckin deal. ain't no body kits, no wings, none of that bullshit.

and it's got a quiet exhaust too.

exhaust and/or wing and/or aggressive body kit = rice. street glow obviously counts as well, as well as more than stock counts on fog lights, led's and other doo-dad bullshit. oh, racing seatbelt pad counts too.

the honda accord in my town that is champagne colored with no body kit, 17" rims and a set of hood pins doesn't even count as rice in my book. cause it's classy. that's the real dividing line.

jason

Pages in this thread: 1 2 (3) 4 5