This forum has been archived. You will not be able to log in, register, or post.

Main >> Classifieds Thread views: 4769

tunermonkey
96 Neon Shell ... I need it gone by November 15th.   Posted Mon Sep 27, 04   1:37 PM     

I had originally posted 2 neons for sale, but the plans changed and i was just going to keep them. Well, I ended up stripping out one and getting rid of it. the other was going to remain a project car.... but here's the deal:

I just found out last Sunday that my wife is pregant with our first kid. And being that this area is so fucking expensive, we can't afford to stay here with only a single income.... as we have no family even close to us. These, among other deciding factors, we've decided that we're moving back east. Unfortunately, I can't take the car with me this time....

Here's the car's details:

It was formerly an Emerald Green SOHC ATX 96 Plymouth Expresso, but is now just a multicolored shell, a project car that has to be abandoned. We're moving back to Pennsylvania at the end of November and I just need to get rid of it, since transporting it won't be worth the trouble.

The car itself has a clean title, although it is registered in Indiana. It almost immediately went up on jackstands as soon as we moved to california, so I didn't even deal with registering it.

And now for the details:

1996 Plymouth Neon Expresso
-90k on Chassis
-No Engine
-No ATX tranny
-No wheels (may be able to find some cheap steelies to slap on)
-No hood or driverside fender
-No head or taillights
-No Front Rotors or Pads
-No door Panels

Body:
-typical dings
-half completed shaved side molding on the pass. side.
-A multitude of colors, as it was used to test different colors. (Orange, Blue, Silver, Grey, Gunmetal, Emerald Green)

It does come with a load of extra parts, which are as follows:
-95 SOHC Head
-95 SOHC MTX ECU
-95 SOHC MTX Engine Harness
-Lightened Decklid
-Blue Sprayed Decklid
-Extra pair of coupe doorglass
-Extra set of sport springs
-Everything minus bobble bracket to convert to MTX, including 3.55 tranny (clutch is beat-up, chatters slightly when engaging)
-95 Valve Cover
-Painted and slightly molested clear tails
-2 Passenger side stock tails
-Most interior pieces
-Plastic intake manifold
-2 disassembled throttle bodies
-Extra interior pieces

I would prefer to sell it locally, as I don't have the time to deal with a shipping company, and well, I don't hvae means to deliver it myself.

Asking $500 OBO, just to get rid of it. I know I could part it out for more than that, but time is running short and I just want it gone.

Car is located in Palm Springs/DHS area.... 92240 is the ZIP.

There was someone who showed interest in it, but I haven't heard back, so it's going on here until I find someone who is interested.

Any questions, feel free to ask. Pics can be seen here: www.tunermonkey.com/pics/

also, those boxes pictured, containing alternator, starter, etc... are all included. All kinds of misc. parts/bolts/ etc....

Please keep any asshole/derogatory comments out of this thread.

[External Image Removed]

If the car wasn't screaming, I wasn't racing.

Edited by tunermonkey (Mon Sep 27, 04   1:56 PM)

tunermonkey
Re: 96 Neon Shell ... I need it gone by November 15th.   Posted Wed Oct 6, 04   4:58 PM     

Scrap this post... I'm keeping the car. New engine is on the way and it will be running in a few weeks.

[External Image Removed]

tunermonkey
Re: 96 Neon Shell ... I need it gone by November 15th.   Posted Fri Nov 12, 04   10:19 AM     

It's funny how my luck goes..... This car needs to go afterall. I don't have anymore time to deal with any of it anymore. We're leaving the valley at the end of the month and it has to get out of here, ASAP

$400!! FIx it, make it a daily driver! Race it! Get it running and beat teh fuck out of it! Get 40 friends and charge them $10 a whack to beat it with a baseball bat!

Please, get this out of my garage! Else I'm going to just give it to charity.... where it will most certainly meet an untimely demise.

Updated pics can be found here:
http://www.tunermonkey.com/pics/shell/

[External Image Removed]

buddhakwake
Re: 96 Neon Shell ... I need it gone by November 15th.   Posted Fri Nov 12, 04   12:16 PM     

hell man, donate it to PSHS auto shop program or IHS aouto shop program before you give it to charity, give the kids some experience fixing up cars so we have better mechanics in the future.

It's 106 miles to Chicago, we've got a full tank of gas, a half a pack of cigarettes, it's dark and we're wearing sunglasses.
tunermonkey
Re: 96 Neon Shell ... I need it gone by November 15th.   Posted Fri Nov 12, 04   1:04 PM     

Well, I just might do that. But I'd rather have something to write off, so I can get at least something back in the end. Unless donating to the high school can be written off. But, ya know, just as long as the car goes to a good home, and the person finishes what I was unable to, due to many circumstances.

[External Image Removed]

SweetNeon

Re: 96 Neon Shell ... I need it gone by November 15th.   Posted Tue Nov 16, 04   4:16 PM     

well its the 16th so i dont know if you still have it but if you give me $100 i will pick it up and give you a $1000 tax wright off

tunermonkey
Re: 96 Neon Shell ... I need it gone by November 1   Posted Sat Nov 27, 04   8:00 AM     

don't see hope it would be possible without operating a chartible, non-profit orginazation.

anyways, i ended up giving to my buddy down teh street for his kids to work on and fix up.

[External Image Removed]

SweetNeon

Re: 96 Neon Shell ... I need it gone by November 1   Posted Mon Nov 29, 04   4:26 PM     

i work with a charity