This forum has been archived. You will not be able to log in, register, or post.

Main >> Classifieds Thread views: 8514

motorgirl082000
CLASSic 1965 Ford Mustang Convertible   Posted Mon May 3, 04   6:30 AM     

Classic 1965 Ford Mustang Convertible For Sale -- $23K -- PERFECT, Clean, BRIGHT WHITE with black interior! Kept in Garage -- Warm climate

Rx_otary_Se7en

Re: CLASSic 1965 Ford Mustang Convertible   Posted Mon May 3, 04   8:39 PM     

Thats pretty pricey. You can buy a brand new RSX Type S for that much money, and ive seen some year old lancer evolutions for that much. You may want to re-think your price.

"Why does it say paper jam when there is no paper jam?"-
Samir "Office Space"
SweetNeon

Re: CLASSic 1965 Ford Mustang Convertible   Posted Mon May 3, 04   9:16 PM     

i really think she wouldn't give a fuck about your opinion especially if your going off and naming every thing else some one could buy, your more of a thoughtless ass hole then i thought

Rx_otary_Se7en

Re: CLASSic 1965 Ford Mustang Convertible   Posted Fri May 7, 04   7:18 PM     

IM more of a THOUGHTLESS asshole then you THOUGHT. Considering how you dont think, constantly spell things wrong, adn the fact that common knowledge supercedes you, I would say that im not ereally a thoughtless asshole at all, but more of a LOGICAL thinker, which actually makes you the thoughtless asshole. Fuckin loser.

Samir "Office Space"
tunermonkey
Re: CLASSic 1965 Ford Mustang Convertible   Posted Sun May 9, 04   10:42 PM     

How in the hell can you even compare a Lancer Evo or an Integra to a cherry 65 Mustang? See, it's called a classic car. There aren't nearly as many of them on the road nowadays and people do a thing with them called "Collecting."

I bet you'd also say that instead of dropping $100K+ on a flawless 67 Corvette Hardtop w/ a 427 and all numbers matching (tuxedo white on black paint... dr0000l), you'd prob'ly say that it would be a wiser move to buy a civic and put 95k into it.

Damn kids... no respect whatsoever for the roots of vehicular performance... oh wait, honda's roots go back to the Trail 90.

[External Image Removed]

If the car wasn't screaming, I wasn't racing.
SuperKid
Re: CLASSic 1965 Ford Mustang Convertible   Posted Wed May 12, 04   4:01 PM     

Actually, the Honda Motor Company was started in 1947. In 1962 they produced their first sports car. In 1972, the Civic came to the scene. In 1987 the Honda Prelude becomes the first passenger vehicle in the world to have 4-wheel steering. Honda has numerous F1 wins. Hondas have been the most fuel efficent cars in the US more than any other car brand. Honda is considered one of the best car companies of all time.

Now Nissan, they've been around since the early 1900's, though the 'Nissan' name plate was not established until 1934. They are, in my opinion, the GREATEST car company of all time. American cars are a thing of the past. Until the US starts producing affordable, powerful, all around good performing cars, the Japanese will continue to dominate the world in automotive manufacturing.

"Genius is one-percent inspiration and ninety-nine percent perspiration." - Thomas A. Edison

Play Gang Wars!
http://www.gang-wars.com/index.html?load=1055341
Dave97RS
Re: CLASSic 1965 Ford Mustang Convertible   Posted Wed May 12, 04   10:29 PM     

well, my favorite cars are teh eclipses.... and they are made in detroit. hahaha Japanese name, yet American made.

Rx_otary_Se7en

Re: CLASSic 1965 Ford Mustang Convertible   Posted Tue May 18, 04   5:47 PM     

Yeah, people collect them, but they arent RARE. I see a mustang more then i see an Evo, you ass. Last time i checked, nobody put 100K in a car, or else they would have bought a better car, and im willign to bet taht if i put 95 grand in a civic, it could literally orbit the earth.God.....Stupid. The Evo is almost an Instant classic seeign as how it is rare, and part of a rally dynasty, and the ITR might as well be called classic now seeing as how they dotn maek them for North America anymore. No offense or anything, but there isnt anything special about an old mustang.

Samir "Office Space"
tunermonkey
Re: CLASSic 1965 Ford Mustang Convertible   Posted Wed May 19, 04   10:22 AM     

Oh eyah, I keep forgetting just how rare the evo's are.. I mean, it must be an illusion that I'm seeing at the local dealership that has like 10 of them sitting on the lot. Your concept of "rare" is flawed. Just because you don't see them on the streets doesn't make them rare. The reason you don't see them is because very few people in their right mind will drop 30k+ (after dealer price gouging) on a 4 cyclinder compact car that practically boosted to within the last inches of it's life. Only thing that's going to make it rare in the near future is when Mitsu finally goes belly up, since DCX isn't bailing their asses out anymore. Hell, if you want to use your concept of rare being a symbol of great recognition, how about a Yugo? Shit, those things are so fucking rare that they should be pricing for at least 50k+ in KBB.

And you know? I see more Evo's than I do classic, (60's) clean mustangs. Personally, I despise Fords, but I still have respect for the classics that helped shape the automotive world.

And as for classic cars going for 100k+, check out the Barrett-Jackson auction next year. STOCK, clean classics going for more than an integra would with 100k in mods done to it. Then we'll talk about rare cars.

[External Image Removed]

If the car wasn't screaming, I wasn't racing.
BadAssDodge

Re: CLASSic 1965 Ford Mustang Convertible   Posted Wed Jun 30, 04   10:28 PM     

the point here is that it is a rare mustang because its a convertible, and that and the evo are 2 different markets. Somene looking to buy an classic convertible probably isnt even thinking of an evo. Its still kinda pricey though

Faster & More Furious
large_filipino

Re: CLASSic 1965 Ford Mustang Convertible   Posted Mon Jul 5, 04   12:41 AM     

If it's absolutely perfect,It's the right price. I seen a 70 charger puke green with rust on the quarter panels but(a big but) the vin says 426 Hemi and pop the hood,and there it is.Asking price for a car needing total restoration? Forty Large.
Y'all kiddies out there,no respect of course for some of you know what I mean,And old car is like an old Harley.To the owners there is no price. Even the ricers understand-don't you guys?-When you see 75 Large plunked into a stripped Civic to go down a quarter mile?

Rx_otary_Se7en

Re: CLASSic 1965 Ford Mustang Convertible   Posted Mon Jul 5, 04   2:22 AM     

Its not a matter of respect, its a matter of me being able to get a faster car for cheaper. Its a classic, but its slower. I myself happen to liek the older VW's, but i still wont pay that kind of money for one, no matter how cherry it is.

Samir "Office Space"
BadAssDodge

Re: CLASSic 1965 Ford Mustang Convertible   Posted Mon Jul 5, 04   8:52 AM     

I like the old Datsun 510's those little cars are tight and they can haul ass, theyre still pretty cheap too

Faster & More Furious
Rx_otary_Se7en

Re: CLASSic 1965 Ford Mustang Convertible   Posted Mon Jul 5, 04   1:43 PM     

I saw this old ass datsun truck that had a wankel motor in it, pretty cool.

Samir "Office Space"