This forum has been archived. You will not be able to log in, register, or post.

Main >> Classifieds Thread views: 45681

Pages in this thread: (1) 2 3 4 5  
SweetNeon

NO buy stuff from ME : LT1 motor trans ect   Posted Sun Jul 20, 03   3:57 PM     

i got a Complete car, w/LT1 tuneport alloy heads ect, trans, rear end, front and rear diskbreaks, wireing harness its basicly the whole car (from a street racer who spun out and went sideways in to a pole, but dont worry he didnt die so the shit has good karma) it would be an awesome set up for a hot rod, make offer

Satanismycopilot
Re: NO buy stuff from ME : LT1 motor trans ect   Posted Sun Jul 20, 03   7:59 PM     

just curious but what kind of car is it?

Re: NO buy stuff from ME : LT1 motor trans ect   Posted Sun Jul 20, 03   9:15 PM     

this outta an F-body, 'Vette, Caprice, Impala, what? and which trans is this, auto or 6spd? aluminum or iron heads? complete from intake to oil pan and back? completely stock? anything modified? milage? seeing as it belonged to a street racer it probably led a hard life so far...

more information man... and what year LT-1 is it? OBD-I or OBD-II (or were all of 'em OBD-II??)

-Daniel

-------------------------------------------------------------
[External Image Removed]
Caddy 500ci. Fiero
BlownGTP

Re: NO buy stuff from ME : LT1 motor trans ect   Posted Mon Jul 21, 03   7:33 AM     

it could be either OBD 1 or 2. If its a TPI setup, im guessing its an older camaro.

ILL BE WAITING AT THE NEXT LIGHT! http://www.danasoft.com/vipersig.jpg
Gorgoth3k1

Re: NO buy stuff from ME : LT1 motor trans ect   Posted Thu Jul 24, 03   2:08 PM     

well dont all the LT-1s have TPI? and from what i can recall from back when i was researchin this engine for a possible powertrain for my fiero the aluminum headed versions were only on the 'vettes and the others had iron heads and the camaro and t/a had higher outputs than the caprice, monte carlo and impala ss... i think... i dont remember which ones had OBDI or OBDII, just that OBD is a pain in the ass when it comes to engine swaps... hehe... and OBDII is more-so a PITA...

-Daniel

[External Image Removed]
Caddy 500ci. Fiero
DieselGoPed

Re: NO buy stuff from ME : LT1 motor trans ect   Posted Thu Jul 24, 03   3:42 PM     

what what? OBD? TPI? LT1? PITA? wtf?
help me out here man.

A wheel is for ever. A car is infinity times four.
Drive it like you stole it!
Gorgoth3k1

Re: NO buy stuff from ME : LT1 motor trans ect   Posted Fri Jul 25, 03   9:22 PM     

OBD... i donno what the hell it stands for... but its a computer system used in programming the ECM for newer cars... they have two renditions... OBDI and OBDII... i cant give the whole history but basically it tries to integrate EVERYTHING in the car with the engine and makes it a huge PITA (Pain In The Ass) to use in engine swaps... you have to reprogram the damn thing to get it to work (at least you have to when you swap a OBD controlled engine into a fiero, i assumed its the same with all swaps)

TPI = Tuned Port Injection... its a system of fuel injection stuffs... used in L98, LT1, L67, LS1, LT4, LT5 and probably more GM engines... those are just the ones i can think of off the top of my head right now...

but ya... most of them acronyms are GM things that we been usin... i mean... TPI is used in more than just GM products... but the other stuff....

*BTW* L98 = IROC-Z camaros and 80's - early 90's 'vettes

LT1, LT4 = TPI engines used in corvettes and Fox Bodies and caprices and all that good stuff...

L67 = 3800 V6.... used in Bonnevilles and Grand Prixs... the GP GTP (as BlownGTP will know ) has a supercharged L67

LS1 = used in C5 'vettes, SS Camaros and the Ram Air Trans Ams....

LT5 = (correct me if i'm wrong) is a DOHC 5.7L V8... rare engine... was in a corvette, i believe? BIG FUCKIN ENGINE with those DOHC's.... hehe...

anything else?

hehe...

-Daniel

[External Image Removed]
Caddy 500ci. Fiero
SweetNeon

Re: NO buy stuff from ME : LT1 motor trans ect   Posted Sat Jul 26, 03   11:17 AM     

94 fire bird

SweetNeon

Re: NO buy stuff from ME : LT1 motor trans ect   Posted Sat Jul 26, 03   11:19 AM     

94 firebird, its all complete, basicly if you are buying this motor your buying it along with the car its still in, i have to double check the mileage

SweetNeon

Re: NO buy stuff from ME : LT1 motor trans ect   Posted Sat Jul 26, 03   11:20 AM     

its auto with the alloy heads

Gorgoth3k1

Re: NO buy stuff from ME : LT1 motor trans ect   Posted Sat Jul 26, 03   5:11 PM     

so its from the formula firebird then? i didnt know the firebirds had alloy heads... thought they were all iron... kewl...

and its 94 so its OBDI.... not nearly as big a pain in the ass as OBDII...

-Daniel

[External Image Removed]
Caddy 500ci. Fiero
DieselGoPed

Re: NO buy stuff from ME : LT1 motor trans ect   Posted Sun Jul 27, 03   5:25 AM     

DOHC is double overhead camshaft?
And er, thanks for the reading material dan

A wheel is for ever. A car is infinity times four.
Drive it like you stole it!
Gorgoth3k1

Re: NO buy stuff from ME : LT1 motor trans ect   Posted Sun Jul 27, 03   7:54 PM     

ya... DOHC = dual over head cam... double overhead cam... whichever... its all the same... hehe... and since its DOHC in a V-style cylinder configuration it has 4 cams and generally hemi-style heads (ie the spark plugs go through the center valve covers and the center of the heads instead of through the side like you see in most cylinder heads... look up information on the Northstar engine... its another DOHC V8 that is much more common than the LT5 and easier to find out about its cylinder head style...

and its no problem about the reading material man... hehe... when i get bored i get very long winded... LOL...

-Daniel

[External Image Removed]
Caddy 500ci. Fiero
SweetNeon

Re: NO buy stuff from ME : LT1 motor trans ect   Posted Sun Jul 27, 03   7:55 PM     

the car is going on ebay at 9 tonight starting out at 2000$ good price?

SweetNeon

Re: NO buy stuff from ME : LT1 motor trans ect   Posted Sun Jul 27, 03   10:37 PM     

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=33615&item=2425649585

Pages in this thread: (1) 2 3 4 5