This forum has been archived. You will not be able to log in, register, or post.

Main >> Classifieds Thread views: 45681

Pages in this thread: 1 2 3 (4) 5  
Gorgoth3k1

Re: NO buy stuff from ME : LT1 motor trans ect   Posted Fri Aug 8, 03   7:24 PM     

i've seen some FIESTY vee dubs... especially the ones where people put 454s in 'em.... i seen it done... lol....

but i doubt this guy has a 454 in his vee dub.... and chad... how you comin on your neon, anywayz? you even still workin on it? last i heard you were still workin on the tube chassis...

-Daniel

-------------------------------------------------------------
[External Image Removed]
Caddy 500ci. Fiero
SweetNeon

Re: NO buy stuff from ME : LT1 motor trans ect   Posted Fri Aug 8, 03   7:51 PM     

yea ive seen some quick bugs to but i wasnt talking shit about bugs in general just his, for fucks sake the guy is wishing he had a header for it, he will neversee any thing close to 17s for pry 5 years, the neon is comeing along VERY slowly, hopefully i will get this job in sd being a teachers assistant in one of the car classes at the college so i can tow the neon up there and finish it. it would be dope to teach a fab class, im sure it would be the only one in ca colleges

Gorgoth3k1

Re: NO buy stuff from ME : LT1 motor trans ect   Posted Sat Aug 9, 03   4:35 PM     

what do bugs run stock? do they even break the 20s? hehe... i've heard people bragging about getting their bug up to 85mph.... thats sad considering they way nothing... lol.... FUN dune buggies tho... hehe... after you make the "proper" modifications, that is...

are you buildin the neon to be a drag-strip car or all-around racer? i'm gonna be startin my metal fab class pretty soon... finally i'll get to learn to weld and use a lathe and all that good shit hehe...

-Daniel

[External Image Removed]
Caddy 500ci. Fiero
SweetNeon

Re: NO buy stuff from ME : LT1 motor trans ect   Posted Sat Aug 9, 03   4:46 PM     

im building it to be an insane one of a kind odd ball crazy mind boggling hauling ass yella 4 door pullin a wheelie passed the chp office looking to get a ticket piece of shit 700 dollar neon(bluebook value) =)

jonorme
Re: NO buy stuff from ME : LT1 motor trans ect   Posted Sat Aug 9, 03   5:55 PM     

That deserves an applause *claps*

[External Image Removed]
SweetNeon

Re: NO buy stuff from ME : LT1 motor trans ect   Posted Sat Aug 9, 03   10:04 PM     

stop encouraging me

Gorgoth3k1

Re: NO buy stuff from ME : LT1 motor trans ect   Posted Sun Aug 10, 03   12:54 AM     

LOL....

so you gonna build it to be RWD? hehe... i dont think you can wheelie in a FWD car.... unless you're in reverse... hrrmmm... interesting.... hehe...

**scratches head**

ANYWHO....

you gonna have it be street legal, or pure race with the stripped out interior and sheet metal dash? you know anything about carbon fiber? you should make some carbon stuff for it... that shit is SWEET.... heh...

-Daniel

[External Image Removed]
Caddy 500ci. Fiero
SweetNeon

Re: NO buy stuff from ME : LT1 motor trans ect   Posted Sun Aug 10, 03   1:33 AM     

im sure it wont be street legal technicly but im gona do my best to build it up to the standards, i leave the fiberglassing and carbon fiber molds to my friend, im not gona jump in to any thing out ragious right now, only fiberglassing that i will have to start out with will be a dash and simple body parts depending on what my homie can make good molds, im not to hot on carbon fiber stuff, cool shit tho some of the race cars ive built and worked in the pits with would have full carbon fiber bodys, it was sweet when they would wreck cuz i would get some good salvageable carbon fiber parts to play with

Gorgoth3k1

Re: NO buy stuff from ME : LT1 motor trans ect   Posted Sun Aug 10, 03   3:39 PM     

ya... carbon fibre is some crazy stuff...

so you puttin a turbo neon 4banger in there or somethin, or what? you also buildin a full-race tube chassis or usin parts of the neon chassis?

-Daniel

[External Image Removed]
Caddy 500ci. Fiero
SweetNeon

Re: NO buy stuff from ME : LT1 motor trans ect   Posted Sun Aug 10, 03   4:27 PM     

pictures speak louder then words, sooooooooooon to come the most fucking unbelieveable shit around built to the point that i have a good chance of killin my self in it =)

VW_Nut
Re: NO buy stuff from ME : LT1 motor trans ect   Posted Mon Aug 11, 03   8:52 AM     

Hey Gorgoth,
They do run about 20's or even slower, hahaha. I have had mine over 85 but that is with a tail wind and down hill, and we have a great tail wind out here. It even makes a Neon feel like a rocket ship, at least one that is running.
The header (1 3/4"!) is going on next weekend, should hit 15's easily when I'm done.

There is no substitute for cubic inches, except for cubic centimeters!
SweetNeon

Re: NO buy stuff from ME : LT1 motor trans ect   Posted Thu Aug 14, 03   10:43 PM     

15s lol for fucks sake my oldsmobile could fuck your car up

Gorgoth3k1

Re: NO buy stuff from ME : LT1 motor trans ect   Posted Fri Aug 15, 03   1:02 PM     

are you saying that with just a header you're going to increase your ET from in the 20s to 15? The only fast bugs i've seen either had a BBC 454 in it or I saw one with a 500ci Cadillac engine in it... Dont think i've ever seen anyone beef up that stock air-cooled engine... If you can do it, I say go for it...

-Daniel

[External Image Removed]
Caddy 500ci. Fiero
VW_Nut
Re: NO buy stuff from ME : LT1 motor trans ect   Posted Fri Aug 15, 03   2:25 PM     

You can't even sell a POS on e-bay, I dont think you posses the know how to fuck your girlfriend.

VW_Nut
Re: NO buy stuff from ME : LT1 motor trans ect   Posted Fri Aug 15, 03   2:30 PM     

I also have a set 40mm carbs, I am only putting on the header right now, so with the whole package at this point I am hoping for 15's. I'm at the trial and error stage. I still need some manifolds and linkage for the carbs. I have seen bugs run down into the 9's on just carburators, but that is in the "pro" ranks. It wouldn't take much to get one into the 11's and still drive it on the street. Dropping in a V8 would be a waste of time and effort, but it would be very unique. I heard there is a guy that shows up at the local car show that has a 440 in his and it is well done, just not the route i want to go.

Pages in this thread: 1 2 3 (4) 5