This forum has been archived. You will not be able to log in, register, or post.

Main >> Classifieds Thread views: 45681

Pages in this thread: 1 (2) 3 4 5  
DieselGoPed

Re: NO buy stuff from ME : LT1 motor trans ect   Posted Mon Jul 28, 03   4:02 AM     

Youd have a lot better chance of selling it if you gave it a wash, doncha think?

A wheel is for ever. A car is infinity times four.
Drive it like you stole it!
SweetNeon

Re: NO buy stuff from ME : LT1 motor trans ect   Posted Mon Jul 28, 03   7:05 AM     

no, they aint gona be driveing the fucker

BlownGTP

Re: NO buy stuff from ME : LT1 motor trans ect   Posted Mon Jul 28, 03   7:34 AM     

well, you could have atleast steam cleaned the engine bay.

ILL BE WAITING AT THE NEXT LIGHT! http://www.danasoft.com/vipersig.jpg
SweetNeon

Re: NO buy stuff from ME : LT1 motor trans ect   Posted Mon Jul 28, 03   7:56 AM     

oh could i now, i dont think a dusty engine is going to make the difference between some one biding and not biding

BlownGTP

Re: NO buy stuff from ME : LT1 motor trans ect   Posted Mon Jul 28, 03   9:57 AM     

you must just be lazy.

SweetNeon

Re: NO buy stuff from ME : LT1 motor trans ect   Posted Mon Jul 28, 03   9:57 AM     

your dam fucking right

DieselGoPed

Re: NO buy stuff from ME : LT1 motor trans ect   Posted Mon Jul 28, 03   12:23 PM     

Just a thought, but if its someone like me, looking to buy a project car and doesnt know anything, then the way it looks and first appearances can make a lot of difference.
*Incoming Flaming*

kula

Re: NO buy stuff from ME : LT1 motor trans ect   Posted Mon Jul 28, 03   12:46 PM     

Make the seller clean it before buying. Would deffinatly make the difference, plus it would make it look more desireable.

Either that or it just tells you that the seller couldnt give a toss, always makes you think twice instead of going on impulse.

- Mike
SweetNeon

Re: NO buy stuff from ME : LT1 motor trans ect   Posted Mon Jul 28, 03   12:59 PM     

the car aint a fucking project car its a god dam wreck with a good drive train in it, no one is buying this car in hopes of one day driveing it cant you see that?

SweetNeon

Re: NO buy stuff from ME : LT1 motor trans ect   Posted Mon Jul 28, 03   1:00 PM     

man just dont even talk on my posts

DieselGoPed

Re: NO buy stuff from ME : LT1 motor trans ect   Posted Mon Jul 28, 03   4:13 PM     

Well, why dont you just sell the good bits of the car, instead of selling them in a useless shell of bent body panels? Itd make it a lot easier for the buyer to transport etc wouldnt it? Or does it require work to take it apart? Back to blown GTP's comments on laziness again arent we?

Gorgoth3k1

Re: NO buy stuff from ME : LT1 motor trans ect   Posted Tue Jul 29, 03   8:08 PM     

$2grand is generally what i've seen LT1 engine and tranny combos go for... wrecked donor car $2grand is prolly a good price...

-Daniel

-------------------------------------------------------------
[External Image Removed]
Caddy 500ci. Fiero
Gorgoth3k1

Re: NO buy stuff from ME : LT1 motor trans ect   Posted Tue Jul 29, 03   8:16 PM     

I actually agree with chad on this one... cleanliness is never somethin i'm really lookin for when i'm searchin for a viable engine for my project... mainly look at milage and, if i can, the oil... and selling the whole car as one part is easier on him and gives the buyer a better deal... might be able to milk a few more bucks by splittin everything up, but would be a LOT more work for not a whole lot of cash...

also... for my engine swap projects i actually try to find an entire donor car... that way if you need any erroneous parts like the engine mounts or various other pieces that might pop up that you need its easier with a donor car sittin in the drive for you to pull pieces from than goin to a junkyard searchin for 'em...

just my opinion... heh

i know... its insane... someone agreeing with chad..

hehe...

-Daniel

-------------------------------------------------------------
[External Image Removed]
Caddy 500ci. Fiero
BlownGTP

Re: NO buy stuff from ME : LT1 motor trans ect   Posted Wed Jul 30, 03   7:13 AM     

well, i notice there are still zero bids. lets see how this turns out. maybe pepole are waiting for the last minute.

DieselGoPed

Re: NO buy stuff from ME : LT1 motor trans ect   Posted Wed Jul 30, 03   10:20 PM     

Maybe. Thats what the sensible thing is to do, go round to a mate who has a fast connection and a dsl line, and get your bid in at the last minute.
But yeah, good luck chad, hope ya make some money out of it

Pages in this thread: 1 (2) 3 4 5