This forum has been archived. You will not be able to log in, register, or post.

Main >> Classifieds Thread views: 2594

LifeOfAgony
Looking for a 96-97 Tercel Blackhawk or MR2 Turbo   Posted Fri Apr 26, 02   2:53 PM     

I'm on the east coast, Philly area. Willing to travel a fair amount. Any ideas/leads, anyone?

Looking for an inexpensive basis for a tuner car. Would love to find a 1999 3000GT VR-4, but I don't have that kind of scratch right now.

LifeOfAgony
Re: Looking for a 96-97 Tercel Blackhawk or MR2 Turbo   Posted Fri Apr 26, 02   3:20 PM     

I guess low cost and turbo car don't make much sense together, but I've read so much about turbocharging a NA MR2 down the line being a pain in the ass. Plus, I know how to find NA MR2s around here, just finding Turbo models around here is difficult, let alone finding one for sale.

fonzarelli
Re: Looking for a 96-97 Tercel Blackhawk or MR2 Turbo   Posted Sat Apr 27, 02   5:38 AM     

good luck in finding one. the SW21 or japanese imported SW20 GT/GTS are awesome cars to drive.

im looking for a decent european sw20 gt (n/a as they didnt release the turbo model in europe) as i cant afford the insurance on an imported turbo yet.

i look forward to hearing how you get on.

LifeOfAgony
Re: Looking for a 96-97 Tercel Blackhawk or MR2 Turbo   Posted Fri May 10, 02   1:32 AM     

Yeah, well its been my dream for a couple years now to get into something more sporting, but it seems that whenever I think about it more, my financial situation gets worse. The same goes for modifying my current beater, also a (older) Tercel... lol. That's mainly why I when I recently discovered they had made a sport edition Tercel, even though it was the typical import sport version, no extra go, just better looks and handling (since that's what I value more, a car you can drive balls out without loosing control, not just raw power), something clicked in my head, since I know what a reliable car the Tercel was. I bought a book for working on my model Tercel (1990, 2 door) a while back, but I seem to have lost it . Once I do get some fundage again, I think the first thing I'll do is get some slightly lower springs on it and new shocks, cause it needs 'em. Maybe then some bigger rims with lower profile tires to match the current diameter of the tires and a good body sanding and cheap respray at Maaco or something . Sounds like a good avenue for a begining modder to take. Then would come the engine mods .