This forum has been archived. You will not be able to log in, register, or post.

Main >> Classifieds Thread views: 97810

Pages in this thread: 1 (2) 3 4 5 6 7 8  
LS4_454
Re: 1968 GTO   Posted Thu May 29, 03   9:39 PM     

Ok, makes more sense, if i remember right he would always twist the frame rails on a launch.
My 454 doesn't wind up all that well, it tops out at only 4,500 rpm or so. Soon I should be putting on a 3" system from the down pipes back, a Edelbrock Performer manifold and oh shit! a dual point distributor. I'm going with the points to mainly gain the full mechanical advance instead of my vacuum one and I'm not ready to step up to the magnetic pick-up with the MSD box, but that is the plan. Headers may come if Drag City ever really happens and it may start rolling next month.

BlownGTP

Re: 1968 GTO   Posted Fri May 30, 03   7:27 AM     

Yea, pontiacs are Torque Monsters. my dads GTO has its power band between 2500-4200 rpm. its such a cool feeling when the car is just chugging away and you head is stuck in the seat.

ILL BE WAITING AT THE NEXT LIGHT!
Gorgoth3k1

Re: 1968 GTO   Posted Fri May 30, 03   9:12 PM     

so he's an idiot for wanting to put a 454 in a pontiac? ok.. lets see... i just bought a car... i have an EXTRA engine just sittin in the garage collecting dust... oh... but wait... i can't put that engine in this car with a crapped out engine because the engines a chevy and the cars a pontiac... well damn... guess i'll have to pony up another grand building a pontiac engine... is it just me or is that the more idiotic thing to do??

now i myself see no problems in putting chevy engines in pontiacs.... not my fault chevy engines are simply better ;-) just like the ppl i've seen putting chevy engines in mustangs and chevys in mazda rx-7s... hehe... they make badass engines so they get stuck in everythin... heh...

-Gor

-------------------------------------------------------------
[External Image Removed]
Caddy 500ci. Fiero
MrPeabody

Re: 1968 GTO   Posted Sat May 31, 03   12:22 AM     

In reply to:

and chevys in mazda rx-7s

It's one thing to swap chebby and ponchos, and another thing to swap ferds and chibbies, but a chevy in a Mazda is blasphemy.

-Ben
BlownGTP

Re: 1968 GTO   Posted Sat May 31, 03   7:25 AM     

Hey gorgoth, With you car it dosent matter if you put a chevy motor in it. Im not trying to be a dick but a fiero is the biggest mistake that pontiac has ever made!!! In fact, it shouldnt even be considered a pontiac in my eyes. I do Like what you are doing with yours because it is a unique idea but from the factory they are junk.

What we were talking about was old pontiacs and i dont like seeing chevy powered pontiacs. And since when are chevy motors better?

LS4_454
Re: 1968 GTO   Posted Sat May 31, 03   11:58 AM     

Did you know that the Fiero was billed as a city commuter car to get GM to approve and build it?
I used to like the late model ones that were six's just before they killed it.

hooyeah
Re: 1968 GTO   Posted Sat May 31, 03   6:34 PM     

i personally am not a big fan of swapping makes but whatever floats your boat

what if the hokey pokey really is what it's all about?
Gorgoth3k1

Re: 1968 GTO   Posted Sun Jun 1, 03   10:41 PM     

I wasn't actually referring to my fiero in that post... and LS4... i know the fiero was billed as a sporty commuter car, and mine is a 1988 Formula... last year they made them and has all the performance options of the GT with a different body... And i know the fiero caught a ton of flak and everything, but lets not get into the badassedness of the fiero hehe...

all i was sayin is that a friend of mine has a 454 with about 600 NA Horsepower at the flywheel thats just sittin in his garage waiting for a car, and it'd make more sense (atleast to me) if he bought a pontiac to put the engine he already has built up in the pontiac whether its chevy or not...

and when i say chevy is better... chevy is just my preference... hehe... just like i prefer chevy engines over ford... I just grew up around chevy and they're well-built engines.... simply my preference...

and about the RX-7s.... you'll see them every now and again on EBay... like the 2nd or 3rd generation? i donno... but every now and then you'll find an RX-7 with a SBC mounted to a TH350 and Ford 9inch rear... much easier to work on than one o'dem wankel rotaries... altho them wankels will fit in a fuckin backpack they're so damned small... hehe...

-Gor

[External Image Removed]
Caddy 500ci. Fiero
BlownGTP

Re: 1968 GTO   Posted Mon Jun 2, 03   7:26 AM     

well, atleast we agree that chevy is better than ford!!!

uglystick
Re: 1968 GTO   Posted Mon Jun 2, 03   11:31 AM     

that's because we run all of the ford fans out tarred and feathered.

jason

Project Junkyard Turbohund - '75 BMW 3.0 CS; M30 3.4L Straight Six; Turbonetics T3/T04E Hybrid Turbo, Custom Intake w/ Integrated Water to Air Intercooler; Haltech E6K; EBC
BlownGTP

Re: 1968 GTO   Posted Mon Jun 2, 03   1:22 PM     

LOL, and thats the way it should be!!

Gorgoth3k1

Re: 1968 GTO   Posted Mon Jun 2, 03   2:30 PM     

LOL... well... no need to worry about my friend's whole buyin an old poncho and puttin a chibby in it....

he just bought a 1967 mustang with a crapped engine that'll be gettin the 454... hehe...

-Gor

[External Image Removed]
Caddy 500ci. Fiero
Satanismycopilot
Re: 1968 GTO   Posted Mon Jun 2, 03   7:28 PM     

In reply to:

Poster: uglystick
Subject: Re: 1968 GTO

that's because we run all of the ford fans out tarred and feathered.

jason

i beg to differ sir =) i am still here but im not one to talk i had a 87 monte carlo ss with a 400sbc but that was then this is now..now i like my cougars and mustangs

Re: 1968 GTO   Posted Mon Jun 2, 03   7:30 PM     

In reply to:

Poster: Gorgoth3k1
Subject: Re: 1968 GTO

LOL... well... no need to worry about my friend's whole buyin an old poncho and puttin a chibby in it....

he just bought a 1967 mustang with a crapped engine that'll be gettin the 454... hehe...

-Gor

what a disgrace it should be gettin either a 428 super cobra jet or a 460

Re: 1968 GTO   Posted Tue Jun 3, 03   11:23 AM     

hell, simcp...

you get props for sticking to the mn-12 guns. right on! they're nice cars, handle very well...and can be made to go fast. sean something motorsports i think it is... that guy has some nice thunderchickens.

jason

Project Junkyard Turbohund - '75 BMW 3.0 CS; M30 3.4L Straight Six; Turbonetics T3/T04E Hybrid Turbo, Custom Intake w/ Integrated Water to Air Intercooler; Haltech E6K; EBC
Pages in this thread: 1 (2) 3 4 5 6 7 8