This forum has been archived. You will not be able to log in, register, or post.

Main >> Classifieds Thread views: 4765

Gorgoth3k1

1995 Grand Am GT   Posted Thu Apr 17, 03   8:30 PM     

I doubt anyone here would want to drive all the way to texas... but... i'm bored and i figgered what the hell... heh...

my autoX car is up for sale... 1995 Grand Am GT Q4HO conversion.... runs around 14.5-15 in the 1/4.... around 215hp or so...

need cash for the "fiero of death" haha...

might be goin up on ebay.. not sure how to do the ebay thing tho... hehe.... or how or how much they charge to put a car on there...

I'm askin $4000 for it....

-Gor

-------------------------------------------------------------
[External Image Removed]
Caddy 500ci. Fiero
BlownGTP

Re: 1995 Grand Am GT   Posted Fri Apr 18, 03   7:20 AM     

Not to ruin your thread but theres an old 92 Grand am in my area with the iron duke in it and it runs 12.5 all day long. i know he's got NAAWWWWS but i dont know what else. i was supprised.

ILL BE WAITING AT THE NEXT LIGHT!
Gorgoth3k1

Re: 1995 Grand Am GT   Posted Fri Apr 18, 03   11:45 AM     

damn.. thats fast for that iron duke... i'm assuming thats the same iron duke they put in the 4banger fieros? the Tech4 Iron Duke was the one in fieros...

but ya.... the iron duke is actually a bigger 4cylinder than the Q4... i believe the ID is 2.5L and the Q4 is 2.3...

but anyways... mines not turbo'd and it dont have nawwwwwssssss.... just the Q4HO crank, rods, pistons and cams then the head was ported and polished... heh...

-Gor

[External Image Removed]
Caddy 500ci. Fiero
BlownGTP

Re: 1995 Grand Am GT   Posted Fri Apr 18, 03   12:03 PM     

im not exactly sure witch one it was but i was very supprised with it. i didnt think that motor had it in it.

ILL BE WAITING AT THE NEXT LIGHT!
DieselGoPed

Re: 1995 Grand Am GT   Posted Fri Apr 18, 03   3:28 PM     

er, dont want to sound like a noob, but wahts an iron duke?

A wheel is for ever. A car is infinity times four.
Drive it like you stole it!
hooyeah
Re: 1995 Grand Am GT   Posted Sat Apr 19, 03   9:47 PM     

they use iron dukes in alot of race cars mostly dirt cars the little sprints had them i do believe midget cars i think they're called they have some potential

goped iron duke is jsut a name for an engine

what if the hokey pokey really is what it's all about?
DieselGoPed

Re: 1995 Grand Am GT   Posted Sun Apr 20, 03   2:05 PM     

oh, like spoon engines or mopar eengines? (or is mopar just tuning parts? damn, i dont know any of this american stuff, guess i shouldnt be on here really)

A wheel is for ever. A car is infinity times four.
Drive it like you stole it!
hooyeah
Re: 1995 Grand Am GT   Posted Sun Apr 20, 03   6:03 PM     

mopar is chryslers performance section they do have mopar crate engines but mopar mostly sells factory available performance parts iron duke i'm pretty sure is just a name that basically means nothing except mayb if it;s an iron block or something well fiero boy does it mean anything?

what if the hokey pokey really is what it's all about?
Gorgoth3k1

Re: 1995 Grand Am GT   Posted Sun Apr 20, 03   8:15 PM     

as far as i know, its just a name... the Iron Duke is just an Iron block Tech4 Inline 4 Cylinder engine with TBI EFI... It was used in ALL fieros in 84 (other than the Indy) then in all of the 4banger fieros for the rest of their production... they made a few different versions of it, but the only ones i've heard of in the fiero is the "normal" one and some High Output version... i dont know much about this engine... just what i've seen around... I'm more into the V6 fieros as they have the transaxles and other parts that i need :-D...

but as for the denotation "Iron Duke" I believe its just a name as Cobra Jet and Police Interceptor are names for Ford engines...

-Gor

[External Image Removed]
Caddy 500ci. Fiero