This forum has been archived. You will not be able to log in, register, or post.

Main >> Classifieds Thread views: 11054

Pages in this thread: (1) 2  
uglystick
Geeks: Silicon Graphics O2 R5K Workstation...   Posted Mon Mar 17, 03   12:57 PM     

for sale...includes the following...

sgi o2 workstation w/ video package (video input/output board + webcam - which incidentally can be used as a joystick, yes this computer really is that powerful). it's got 128mb ram (they're swap computers and don't require lots of ram).

includes a 20" sony sgi trinitron monitor, keyboard, mouse, backup tape drive and 20+ tapes.

$650. Buyer Pays Actual Shipping. oh, and it's covered with go fast stickers. and yes, it really does go fast. includes irix v. 6.5.9

[External Image Removed]

jason

Project Junkyard Turbohund - '75 BMW 3.0 CS; M30 3.5L Straight Six; T3/T04E Hybrid, Custom Intake w/ Integrated Water to Air Intercooler; Haltech E6K; EBC
hooyeah
Re: Geeks: Silicon Graphics O2 R5K Workstation...   Posted Mon Mar 17, 03   1:15 PM     

if i had the money considering mine jsut crashed i'd pick that up but i got no money so gonn ahave to settle for my brother fixing mine oh well

what if the hokey pokey really is what it's all about?
JcAus
Re: Geeks: Silicon Graphics O2 R5K Workstation...   Posted Mon Mar 17, 03   5:28 PM     

More info please
Jc

----------------
Check it out it's like this....
If I lose, winner takes my happy meal.
But if I win, I take the burger AND the TOY!
To some people thats more important.
Gorgoth3k1

Re: Geeks: Silicon Graphics O2 R5K Workstation...   Posted Mon Mar 17, 03   5:31 PM     

You do realize that the monitor and tapes and tape drive alone are probably worth $650, right?

Man.... if I hadn't just spent the last of my cash on my fiero I would be hookin that boxx up in the workroom and tryin to get Toaster

hehe...

-Gor

-------------------------------------------------------------
[External Image Removed]
Caddy 500ci. Fiero
LS4_454
Re: Geeks: Silicon Graphics O2 R5K Workstation...   Posted Mon Mar 17, 03   8:39 PM     

Needs a wing and a NOS boom tube.

uglystick
Re: Geeks: Silicon Graphics O2 R5K Workstation...   Posted Mon Mar 17, 03   11:27 PM     

yeah so if you can sell the tape drive (old school pos sgi tape drive) and the monitor for $650, i'll give you $100 of it.

buyer still pays shipping.

jc, the machine is a unix based workstation capable of running some serious graphics and animation software. i mean, i could put this thing in the window of my house with the camera shooting out the window and write software for it to identify the make and model of every car that drove past if i wanted to.

the computer is actually currently loaded with a game that uses the camera as a joystick - ie you move and it moves your charachter type of thing. it's insane.

it has the capability of buidling a realtime 3d cube the six faces of which are the following:

1. a quicktime movie; 2. a open gl animation; 3. a different open gl animation; 4. a 3d application; 5. webcam input; 6. an animated gif.

then it'll let you spin the bitch in realtime and won't drop a single frame off any of the faces. it's insane.

hell, i ought to keep the damn thing...i mean honestly the demos and freeware programs on the computer will most likely keep you occupied for at least two months...

jason

Project Junkyard Turbohund - '75 BMW 3.0 CS; M30 3.6L Straight Six; Garrett GT35 Ball Bearing Turbo, Custom Intake w/ Integrated Water to Air Intercooler; Haltech E6K; EBC
JcAus
Re: Geeks: Silicon Graphics O2 R5K Workstation...   Posted Tue Mar 18, 03   12:53 PM     

Interesting.....

I will talk to some of the boys out here and see if they would be interested in going in with me or something, at that price it is a steal

Jc

----------------
Check it out it's like this....
If I lose, winner takes my happy meal.
But if I win, I take the burger AND the TOY!
To some people thats more important.
uglystick
Re: Geeks: Silicon Graphics O2 R5K Workstation...   Posted Tue Mar 18, 03   1:16 PM     

well let me know. i may have a buyer so don't get your hopes up but i do know where to find another one at a similar price.

jason

Project Junkyard Turbohund - '75 BMW 3.0 CS; M30 3.6L Straight Six; Garrett GT35 Ball Bearing Turbo, Custom Intake w/ Integrated Water to Air Intercooler; Haltech E6K; EBC
hooyeah
Re: Geeks: Silicon Graphics O2 R5K Workstation...   Posted Tue Mar 18, 03   1:22 PM     

my brother has a few of those old school tape drives and those monitors price at around 400 bucks here for a 17 inch

what if the hokey pokey really is what it's all about?
uglystick
Re: Geeks: Silicon Graphics O2 R5K Workstation...   Posted Tue Mar 18, 03   2:40 PM     

huh? mine is a 20" trinitron. there are no better 20" monitors in the world. period.

jason

BlownGTP

Re: Geeks: Silicon Graphics O2 R5K Workstation...   Posted Tue Mar 18, 03   6:13 PM     

I dont even know what a tape drive is. What is it?

ILL BE WAITING AT THE NEXT LIGHT!
Gorgoth3k1

Re: Geeks: Silicon Graphics O2 R5K Workstation...   Posted Tue Mar 18, 03   6:26 PM     

A tape drive records media onto tapes similar to an audo tape or 8-track (or is it A-Track? that was before my time).... They are generally used for backup situations because they dont record and read very fast, but they can store hella lots of information... a lot of times over a gigabyte and up to over 50 gigabytes...

The actual tape drives are usually not that expensive, but tapes can get fairly expensive... I know that the 30GB tapes used on the Onstream DI30 tape drives on our servers run in the upwards of $30 a piece, but they can store 30 Gigs which is enuf for all of the data on the RAID 5 array and we generally get 3 to 5 tapes per server for sequential backups, but I doubt y'all want to hear all the joys of data backup.. LOL...

-Gor

-------------------------------------------------------------
[External Image Removed]
Caddy 500ci. Fiero
uglystick
Re: Geeks: Silicon Graphics O2 R5K Workstation...   Posted Wed Mar 19, 03   2:13 PM     

yeah this is an old school 150mb unit with big assed aluminum tapes. by the way, i sold it all last night for 650 to a friend. plus he's going to dial in my pc laptop that programs the haltech.

jason

MrPeabody

Re: Geeks: Silicon Graphics O2 R5K Workstation...   Posted Wed Mar 19, 03   9:57 PM     

Ooooo! Didn't mention that on AIM... good deal

-Ben

uglystick
Re: Geeks: Silicon Graphics O2 R5K Workstation...   Posted Thu Mar 20, 03   10:30 AM     

lol. he's also going to give me a working Macintosh SE/30 Toaster in return for my Toaster MacSE with a broken power supply.

One more thing to sell on ebay...y'all wish me luck, my truck is done with the bids in 3 hours 56 minutes from now.

jason

Pages in this thread: (1) 2