This forum has been archived. You will not be able to log in, register, or post.

Main >> Classifieds Thread views: 25939

Pages in this thread: (1) 2 3  
uglystick
SWEET '72 BMW 2002 w/ A Few Mods...Needs good home   Posted Thu Nov 21, 02   3:05 PM     

[External Image Removed]

I'm listing this car for my brother in law. It's really quite nice...runs, drives fine, lots of little goodies upgraded on it lately. There are some issues.

We'll put them up front: 1. Salvage title. Front end was hit and the ins. company junked the car. The passenger's side fender was replaced, as can be seen in the photos, and it lacks finishing. 2. It's got a ground issue. it's honestly as simple as re-strapping the car. It's currently not getting good ground to the body and the electricals (lights mainly) are intermittant.

Drivetrain: 2.0l bottom end w/ e21 2.0L head (no mech fuel pump flange); Weber 2bbl Downdraft Electric Choke Carb in good working order; 4 Speed; ? Ratio; ? L/S (I'd be willing to check both of those, and a casting number on the head if you can tell me where it is). Car runs great, it's quick, good get up & go.

Interior: Great condition, good dash, sunpro mechanical chrome gauges (water/oil/amp) w/ white faces in bezel under dash. Sunpro matching tach w/ integrated shift light (like an led, not that stop light they put on autometer gauges) in dash where clock used to be. other than that, it's all original without the shifter console...new carpet, good vinyl seats (drivers shows good wear, the rest are great), good headliner.

Exterior: Straight w/ good white paint. hood and front fender have been replaced, hood has no clearcoat on it, but is very white. Fender corner needs to be finished (shown in photos), and other than these two places, the only places where the body needs any work are around the front and rear air dam areas on the body. they're fine, but could use some gentle straightening. Car rides on 13" bottle cap rims with good tires.

Now the good stuff. Here's what we have done to the car since it was in my brother in law's possession:

1. Brakes: New shoes out back; New pads up front; New Rotors up front.

2. Ignition System - Converted to electronic pickup with pertronix ignitor & bosch blue high output coil.

3. Fuel System - Electric Fuel Pump (Purolator) & Pressure Regulator (Purolator)

4. Ireland Engineering Stage 2 Lowering Springs - 1" Drop + Greatly Enhanced Handling

5. Larger than stock sway bar (i could measure it i suppose)

6. KYB Gas-A-Just Shocks in back

7. 600 Watt Stereo W/ Sub & Remote Control Single CD Deck

8. Dark Grey Carpet Kit (moulded carpet, professionally installed by local shop)

9. Performance 8mm Plug wires w/ Loom

It has NO RUST. NONE. zero. california car yada yada yada...

if i didn't already have 4 projects, i would already posses this car.

photos:

http://orionoutdoor.com/users/jason/web/matthtml/index.html

jason@orionoutdoor.com

'75 BMW 3.0 CS - Terribly Un-stock.
sweetdevil
Re: SWEET '72 BMW 2002 w/ A Few Mods...Needs good home   Posted Thu Nov 21, 02   3:59 PM     

$$?

I live my life one paycheck at a time
Life sucks, get a fucking helmet!

Heaven doesn't want me, and hell is afraid I'll take over!
uglystick
Re: SWEET '72 BMW 2002 w/ A Few Mods...Needs good home   Posted Thu Nov 21, 02   4:52 PM     

$3200 OBO. i figured i'd mention it if anyone called. not like these classifieds even WORK! ;-)

jason

sweetdevil
Re: SWEET '72 BMW 2002 w/ A Few Mods...Needs good home   Posted Fri Nov 22, 02   8:10 AM     

I think that thing would be kinda cool to have.... hmmmm, 400ex, suspension for my truck, or beemer....
Good luck on selling it though!!!

hooyeah
Re: SWEET '72 BMW 2002 w/ A Few Mods...Needs good home   Posted Fri Nov 22, 02   11:00 AM     

come on you can get the suspension later grab that beemer sweetdevil!

8 valve OHC 4 cyl 95 cubic inches of pissed off pontiac power 65 HP 80 ft-lbs w/Borg-Warner T5 2300lbs
[External Image Removed]
VROOMMMM!
MrPeabody

Re: SWEET '72 BMW 2002 w/ A Few Mods...Needs good home   Posted Fri Nov 22, 02   12:47 PM     

I would if I had the cash, you know you'd be pimpin in it

-Ben

uglystick
Re: SWEET '72 BMW 2002 w/ A Few Mods...Needs good home   Posted Fri Nov 22, 02   2:18 PM     

just a few notes to perspective buyers:

these were our plans until boy racer decided he wanted to buy a truck:

moderate schrick camshaft
deck the head
5 speed from a e21 320i
rear subframe from a 325i w/ rearloader diff 4.11 posi
double sidedrafts

the total investment would probably be under $1500 for all of that stuff, if bought used. and the car would be the matchbox from hell... btw, it's got a floor pivot pedalbox that is very fun to operate... it can be shifted very quickly because of the way the clutch pedal pivots.

jason

SweetNeon

Re: SWEET '72 BMW 2002 w/ A Few Mods...Needs good home   Posted Sat Nov 23, 02   6:03 PM     

that thing is fucking ulgy yo

hooyeah
Re: SWEET '72 BMW 2002 w/ A Few Mods...Needs good home   Posted Sat Nov 23, 02   8:17 PM     

ugly is beautiful

8 valve OHC 4 cyl 95 cubic inches of pissed off pontiac power 65 HP 80 ft-lbs w/Borg-Warner T5 2300lbs
[External Image Removed]
VROOMMMM!
SweetNeon

Re: SWEET '72 BMW 2002 w/ A Few Mods...Needs good home   Posted Sun Nov 24, 02   4:48 PM     

i would hate to see your girl friend

sweetdevil
Re: SWEET '72 BMW 2002 w/ A Few Mods...Needs good home   Posted Sun Nov 24, 02   4:55 PM     

I think it's cute.... and neon, you're no one to speak... your car ain't exactly pretty

SweetNeon

Re: SWEET '72 BMW 2002 w/ A Few Mods...Needs good home   Posted Sun Nov 24, 02   5:00 PM     

i know it doesnt look like a porsche or any thing but it still looks a hell of alot better then that "thing"

JcAus
Re: SWEET '72 BMW 2002 w/ A Few Mods...Needs good home   Posted Sun Nov 24, 02   6:43 PM     

That is debatable....
That is old school class. Which one sounds better to the ladies? I drive a BMW or I drive a Neon?

I aint starting shit, but the BMW is quite nice for a 30 yr old car

Check it out it's like this....
If I lose, winner takes my happy meal.
But if I win, I take the burger AND the TOY!
To some people thats more important.
SweetNeon

Re: SWEET '72 BMW 2002 w/ A Few Mods...Needs good home   Posted Sun Nov 24, 02   6:50 PM     

a 30 year old car doesn't have the features a 7 year old car has, and when you say BMW its like me saying dodge, you should specify the pos your referring to, and another thing i dont drive my dodge i race it

JcAus
Re: SWEET '72 BMW 2002 w/ A Few Mods...Needs good home   Posted Sun Nov 24, 02   6:55 PM     

It may not have the features but all the old cars need is a "little" work and they can look really good. I have seen quite a few really nice older cars around.

Ah ok well if you put it that way well yeah I can see your point. See I dont know a hell of a lot of names of USDM cars. I dont know the association with the Car makers. I thought that a Neon was a Chrysler...well that is what we have out here anyways.

Jc

Check it out it's like this....
If I lose, winner takes my happy meal.
But if I win, I take the burger AND the TOY!
To some people thats more important.
Pages in this thread: (1) 2 3