WRX vs Mustang -insane launch! - CVSR Forums

Main
   >> Import Forum
Thread views: 29489

Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | 3 | (show all)   Print Thread
DBLDREW

WRX vs Mustang -insane launch!   Posted Fri Sep 8, 06   2:54 PM     

Who do you think would get a better launch a built fox bodied mustang or a built sti running 25 psi?

http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=2513924112595050940

89 Mustang 11.86 @ 118mph

Post Extras: Print Post

NOS
Re: WRX vs Mustang -insane launch! new   Posted Fri Sep 8, 06   3:37 PM    [re: DBLDREW] 

ok for one thing that stang isnt stock and the only reason the subaru was about 39k was because it was new and it had a rebuilt engine. i dont kno about the stang but im pretty sure it was over 31,000 the year it was out. and a good rebuilt engine especialy a porshe one should run u way over 8k. im sure if the subaru was same year as mustang it would be only about 10k and be 10x more reliable. and if the subaru had as much money as the stang did it would be just as fast or faster

if u read this than FUCK YOU

and ur mom fingers herself everythime she sees me

Rx_otary_Se7en

Re: WRX vs Mustang -insane launch! new   Posted Fri Sep 8, 06   5:11 PM    [re: DBLDREW] 

That isnt even an STI. The foxbody is using slicks and actually is fully built. An STI with BPU would run an 11. I hate it when people try to compare the prices of cars and their overall power. The STI is brand new and the mustang is a 20 year old POS.

"go wack you balls to a picture of 2 faggets you homo" << Direct quote from FastFiveO

SweetNeon

Re: WRX vs Mustang -insane launch! new   Posted Fri Sep 8, 06   6:31 PM    [re: NOS] 

Porsche motor my ass, what dumbshit made that up.

DBLDREW

Re: WRX vs Mustang -insane launch! new   Posted Fri Sep 8, 06   7:59 PM    [re: NOS] 

Bla bla bla, the sti got raped, end of discussion. I love it when import fans always start throwing out the ifs. If the sti had this mod or if it had that mod it would win… bla bla bla. There is no way dollar for dollar an import will beat out a small block domestic. I’m not saying that you can’t make an import fast, because you can. It will just cost you more money then building a small block Ford or Chevy.

Rx_otary_Se7en

Re: WRX vs Mustang -insane launch! new   Posted Fri Sep 8, 06   10:25 PM    [re: DBLDREW] 

Wow, actually read what people write. It ISNT an STI.

"go wack you balls to a picture of 2 faggets you homo" << Direct quote from FastFiveO

DBLDREW

Re: WRX vs Mustang -insane launch! new   Posted Sat Sep 9, 06   8:58 AM    [re: Rx_otary_Se7en] 

I was replying to nos, and nowhere in his post did he mention that it wasn’t an STI. In fact the only person who said it wasn’t and sti was you, but then in the same post you said it was.

“That isnt even an STI.” And then “The STI is brand new and the mustang is a 20 year old POS.”

Nice job moron

Rx_otary_Se7en

Re: WRX vs Mustang -insane launch! new   Posted Sat Sep 9, 06   11:33 AM    [re: DBLDREW] 

The STI is a brand new car. I wasnt referring to the car in the video.

SweetNeon

Re: WRX vs Mustang -insane launch! new   Posted Sat Sep 9, 06   8:15 PM    [re: Rx_otary_Se7en] 

Nice job moron.

NOS
Re: WRX vs Mustang -insane launch! new   Posted Sat Sep 9, 06   9:24 PM    [re: SweetNeon] 

if the if the guy had a 20 yr old wrx (impreza but im not sure how far back it goes) then the price would be lower than the stang thus allowing more cash for the engine plus the look of an impreza or wrx is 1000000 times better than that POS mustang

DBLDREW

Re: WRX vs Mustang -insane launch! new   Posted Mon Sep 11, 06   12:53 PM    [re: Rx_otary_Se7en] 

What? That doesn’t make any sense. In the same sentence that you are referring to the mustang in the video we are to believe that you weren’t referring to the sti? Nice try but why don’t you just admit that you’re an idiot and you tried to call me out for referring to it as a sti when you did the same.

Which buy the way how do we know it’s not an sti? The video was very low quality. How do we know that he didn’t remove the back spoiler to help reduce drag? I understand it’s very hard for a ricer to comprehend that someone might remove a spoiler rather then adding a bigger one but it is possible. So what other signs are there other then the lack of the spoiler that tell us if it’s an sti or not?

Rx_otary_Se7en

Re: WRX vs Mustang -insane launch! new   Posted Mon Sep 11, 06   6:22 PM    [re: DBLDREW] 

Ground effects and the fact that people will say its an STI to make their car look that much faster.

NOS
Re: WRX vs Mustang -insane launch! new   Posted Tue Sep 12, 06   5:47 AM    [re: Rx_otary_Se7en] 

sti comes with bigger hood scoop a diff body kit brembo front brakes and a bigger wing thats all i can think of right now that im 100% sure of

DBLDREW

Re: WRX vs Mustang -insane launch! new   Posted Wed Sep 13, 06   10:29 AM    [re: NOS] 

Gee thanks. Now lets all go back and watch the video again to see if there was a hood scoop and what brakes where on the car. Oh that’s right you can only see the ass end of the car…

Regardless if that car was and sti or not it did run in the 11s so that is still very respectable for a street car.

Rx_otary_Se7en

Re: WRX vs Mustang -insane launch! new   Posted Wed Sep 13, 06   11:50 AM    [re: DBLDREW] 

At least one claim in that video is false. If it is a fully built boxer out of a base WRX then it would be safe to say that it would run an 11. If it is a fully built boxer out of an STI, then theres something wrong with the times associated with it.

DBLDREW

Re: WRX vs Mustang -insane launch! new   Posted Wed Sep 13, 06   1:28 PM    [re: Rx_otary_Se7en] 

Why? A sti only runs in the 13s in stock trim. Just because they said it was a fully built motor doesn’t mean anything. That is a very generic term. Saying that it is “fully built” is the same as saying that it’s “fully modified” both are generic and basically meaningless. So that doesn’t prove any false claim.

Rx_otary_Se7en

Re: WRX vs Mustang -insane launch! new   Posted Wed Sep 13, 06   2:56 PM    [re: DBLDREW] 

The term fully modified implies that there is nothing more that can be done to the car, and for $8000, I doubt it is meaningless.

DBLDREW

Re: WRX vs Mustang -insane launch! new   Posted Wed Sep 13, 06   3:36 PM    [re: Rx_otary_Se7en] 

I don’t know isn’t $8,000=11 seconds pretty common for the import world? Everything I have ever heard is that it is never cheap to modify an import.

No fully modified doesn’t mean then there is nothing left to do. It means you have modified every major part of the engine. But there is a large degree of variation on what could have been done to the motor. For instance if I said I modified my motor and I put new pistons, new crank, new heads, cam, intake, headers etc.. That would be a fully modified engine. Now that motor could be making 300hp-1000hp depending on what exactly I did. Like what compression ratio did I go with? 9:1, 10:1, 11:1,12:1? Or what heads did I go with, a crappy pair of gt40 heads or did I go with AFR 225s? Is the cam a solid roller with over .700” lift or is a mild street cam? There is a big difference in the power output of all of the parts I listed. So just saying it is fully built or fully modified doesn’t really tell us anything.

Silo55
Re: WRX vs Mustang -insane launch! new   Posted Wed Sep 13, 06   5:07 PM    [re: DBLDREW] 

And in the Subarus case, mainly what size of turbo-charger was used.

Rx_otary_Se7en

Re: WRX vs Mustang -insane launch! new   Posted Wed Sep 13, 06   9:30 PM    [re: DBLDREW] 

It tells me enough to know that an STI should be running faster than that.

DBLDREW

Re: WRX vs Mustang -insane launch! new   Posted Thu Sep 14, 06   7:47 AM    [re: Rx_otary_Se7en] 

If you watch the video it almost looks like he missed a shift. So if that is the case and he still ran in the 11s with a missed shift, that is still pretty impressive for a street car.

SweetNeon

Re: WRX vs Mustang -insane launch! new   Posted Thu Sep 14, 06   11:30 AM    [re: DBLDREW] 

Where in the video does it say he ran an 11? looks more like a 14sec run to me. $8k for a fully built porsche motor installed my ass, you would be lucky to find a stock boxster used engine for $5000 with out the trans.

Rx_otary_Se7en

Re: WRX vs Mustang -insane launch! new   Posted Thu Sep 14, 06   11:42 AM    [re: SweetNeon] 

Not Boxster you retard, Boxer. A Boxer is a horizontally opposed piston engine, used only to my knowledge by Subaru and Porsche.

SweetNeon

Re: WRX vs Mustang -insane launch! new   Posted Thu Sep 14, 06   1:06 PM    [re: Rx_otary_Se7en] 

like the engine in a Boxster porsche ya fuckin moron?

SweetNeon

Re: WRX vs Mustang -insane launch! new   Posted Thu Sep 14, 06   1:11 PM    [re: Rx_otary_Se7en] 

Kind of like when you put that big wing on your non turbo 1986 RX-7?

DBLDREW

Re: WRX vs Mustang -insane launch! new   Posted Thu Sep 14, 06   2:11 PM    [re: SweetNeon] 

It said that it was 11s in the video description. “An 11-second sti in a display of dragstrip traction…”

Yes it did look rather slow to me as well. But when you are going up against a 8 or 9 second car an 11 second car will look slow.

SweetNeon

Re: WRX vs Mustang -insane launch! new   Posted Thu Sep 14, 06   4:33 PM    [re: DBLDREW] 

A 9 sec car looks like a 9 sec car. A 11 sec car looks like an 11 sec car. A 14 sec car looks like a 14sec car. Understand moron?

NOS
Re: WRX vs Mustang -insane launch! new   Posted Thu Sep 14, 06   4:38 PM    [re: SweetNeon] 

no not unless its a sleeper

SweetNeon

Re: WRX vs Mustang -insane launch! new   Posted Thu Sep 14, 06   9:23 PM    [re: NOS] 

yea like the sleeper mustang that was pry runing drag slicks as wide as my cock in your moms dirty cunt.

Rx_otary_Se7en

Re: WRX vs Mustang -insane launch! new   Posted Thu Sep 14, 06   11:23 PM    [re: SweetNeon] 

It must have been running on tricycle tires then.

NOS
Re: WRX vs Mustang -insane launch! new   Posted Fri Sep 15, 06   2:53 AM    [re: Rx_otary_Se7en] 

no im pretty sure it didnt have tires at all then

DBLDREW

Re: WRX vs Mustang -insane launch! new   Posted Fri Sep 15, 06   10:09 AM    [re: SweetNeon] 

Listen I understand that your not the brightest person. But this really isn’t that hard of a concept to understand. If you have an 11 second car racing a 15 second car the 11 second car will look very impressive. But it will look much less impressive racing a 8 or 9 second car, and that 11 second car will look completely slow racing a top fuel dragster. The perception of speed is all relative to what you are comparing it to. If you are still having problems understanding go ask your mom to explain it to you.

SweetNeon

Re: WRX vs Mustang -insane launch! new   Posted Fri Sep 15, 06   10:37 AM    [re: DBLDREW] 

Your a Moron, a 11sec car will look fast no matter what it is racing against

Iwantasupra

Re: WRX vs Mustang -insane launch! new   Posted Fri Sep 15, 06   12:28 PM    [re: SweetNeon] 

I think you should take his advice and ask your mom

Anyone can shoot a bullet, but it take skill to drive one.

NOS
Re: WRX vs Mustang -insane launch! new   Posted Fri Sep 15, 06   1:06 PM    [re: Iwantasupra] 

sweetneons mom cant right now shes busy with me

DBLDREW

Re: WRX vs Mustang -insane launch! new   Posted Fri Sep 15, 06   1:33 PM    [re: SweetNeon] 

Well we have a video with an 11 second car that you think looks like a 14 second car because it was racing a 8 or 9 second car. So you are proof that my theory is correct.

Buy the way nice job making yourself look like an idiot again.

SweetNeon

Re: WRX vs Mustang -insane launch! new   Posted Fri Sep 15, 06   2:07 PM    [re: DBLDREW] 

Where the fuck in the video did you see the board say 11 seconds? Fucking DumbShit

DBLDREW

Re: WRX vs Mustang -insane launch! new   Posted Fri Sep 15, 06   8:22 PM    [re: SweetNeon] 

Where the fuck in the video did you see the board say 14 seconds? Fucking Dumbshit

SweetNeon

Re: WRX vs Mustang -insane launch! new   Posted Sat Sep 16, 06   9:48 AM    [re: DBLDREW] 

Just like I said, a 14 sec car looks like a 14sec car. Fucking moron.

Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | 3 | (show all)   Print Thread

Jump to

Contact Webmaster | Privacy statement CVSR.NET

UBBThreads™ 5.5.1