what car? - CVSR Forums

Main
   >> Import Forum
Thread views: 16142

Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | (show all)   Print Thread
fast_honda1233
what car?   Posted Sun Jul 23, 06   2:29 AM     

what car do you think would be best for me as a starting car...not a honda civic!
price range up to 20grand, i need a make and a model please

Post Extras: Print Post

Import_Fan

Re: what car? new   Posted Sun Jul 23, 06   9:31 AM    [re: fast_honda1233] 

I suggest you look for a cheap Mitsubishi Eclipse (1995-1997), a cheap Acura Integra (1994-1997), or maybe a cheap Nissan 240SX (1995-1997).
NOTE: I only put down years that would be priced relatively low. Hope you find what you're looking for.

Rx_otary_Se7en

Re: what car? new   Posted Sun Jul 23, 06   10:04 AM    [re: Import_Fan] 

Spend 8k for a GSX, and then spend the other 12k trying to fix it.

"go wack you balls to a picture of 2 faggets you homo" << Direct quote from FastFiveO

fast_honda1233
Re: what car? new   Posted Sun Jul 23, 06   11:18 AM    [re: Rx_otary_Se7en] 

thanks import fan and rx. i like all those cars, and they are well in my price range

Rx_otary_Se7en

Re: what car? new   Posted Sun Jul 23, 06   9:39 PM    [re: fast_honda1233] 

I hope you diddnt think I was saying that GSX's are worth buying. I meant fix it as in literally repair it, not "fix it up"

"go wack you balls to a picture of 2 faggets you homo" << Direct quote from FastFiveO

Str33tRacer

Re: what car? new   Posted Sun Jul 23, 06   11:16 PM    [re: Rx_otary_Se7en] 

Mclaren F1, : )!!!!!!! LOL j/k

Vin Deisel "I live my life a quarter mile at a time..."

fast_honda1233
Re: what car? new   Posted Mon Jul 24, 06   7:33 AM    [re: Str33tRacer] 

ya streetracer i was thinking about it but i would rather not be in debt the rest of my life

Str33tRacer

Re: what car? new   Posted Mon Jul 24, 06   7:38 AM    [re: fast_honda1233] 

true, really if i were in imports i would go for a toyota tureno ae86 but if your domestc go for a 2004 mustag GT, you'll have plenty of mula left over if you buy a used one!

buddhakwake

Re: what car? new   Posted Sat Jul 29, 06   9:12 AM    [re: fast_honda1233] 

Look for a 2nd Gen MR2 (1991-1995 in the US), should be able to find one in decent shape for 3-4 grand, then another 10 grand max into it to make it a high 12 to low 13 car. or find a 1st gen for about 1500 and do the same engine stuff for a 200 lb lighter version. I'll let other people chime in with different suggestions.

It's 106 miles to Chicago, we've got a full tank of gas, a half a pack of cigarettes, it's dark and we're wearing sunglasses.

Rx_otary_Se7en

Re: what car? new   Posted Sat Jul 29, 06   9:29 PM    [re: buddhakwake] 

MR2's are cheap to be 12 second cars. $1000 worth of stuff gets you into mid to low 13's

buddhakwake

Re: what car? new   Posted Sun Jul 30, 06   8:19 AM    [re: Rx_otary_Se7en] 

I was giving him the worst case scenario, wherein he wasn't able to get a 3SGTE equipped model and had to do an engine swap, and was including other opgrades like suspension, tires, brakes, wheels, etc.

It's 106 miles to Chicago, we've got a full tank of gas, a half a pack of cigarettes, it's dark and we're wearing sunglasses.

Rx_otary_Se7en

Re: what car? new   Posted Sun Jul 30, 06   1:55 PM    [re: buddhakwake] 

Oh.

Str33tRacer

Re: what car? new   Posted Sun Jul 30, 06   5:37 PM    [re: Rx_otary_Se7en] 

what is it with you and MR2's?

Iwantasupra
Re: what car? new   Posted Sun Jul 30, 06   7:46 PM    [re: Str33tRacer] 

He likes MR2's, deal with it...

Anyone can shoot a bullet, but it take skill to drive one.

Str33tRacer

Re: what car? new   Posted Sun Jul 30, 06   8:04 PM    [re: Iwantasupra] 

why are you so fucking mean to me?

buddhakwake

Re: what car? new   Posted Sun Aug 6, 06   9:09 AM    [re: Str33tRacer] 

Because you deserve it you fucking post whore.

Iwantasupra
Re: what car? new   Posted Sun Aug 6, 06   11:39 AM    [re: buddhakwake] 

101% right Buddha

Anyone can shoot a bullet, but it take skill to drive one.

italian_ninja

Re: what car? new   Posted Tue Aug 8, 06   10:55 PM    [re: Str33tRacer] 

MR2's good cars. They're cheap, light, and fast. I like them too. I want to get like a 94 or something. Veilside has a sweet body kit for them. expensive a hell though.

italian_ninja

Re: what car? new   Posted Tue Aug 8, 06   11:01 PM    [re: fast_honda1233] 

What about like a 88-89 Toyota Supra? They are pretty cheap and the 7mgte is turbocharged. I think the stock is like a 130-140 hp. it wouldnt take much money to fix it up either.

talljosh85
Re: what car? new   Posted Fri Aug 18, 06   3:11 AM    [re: italian_ninja] 

the 7mgte is a very limited motor, despite the factory turbo. the preferred engines for the MKIII are the 1jzgte or the 2jzgte (being 2.5l and 3.0l twin sequentially turbocharged inline 6's, respectively). one of my best friends swapped in a 1jz with some simple mods and a homebrew intercooler (stock fuel pump/injectors) and runs low 13's on shitty tires.

oh, and on the original topic, were I to do it again, i would start off with something gutless and rwd, probably a stock 240sx, s13 preferrebly. After a year or two of practice driving/maintaining the car, I would then purchase a MkIV supra TT, possibly higher mileage but as close to stock as possible (they are VERY fast stock, and capable of stupid fast speed right from the factory). Having worked on and driven both an FD RX-7 and MkIV TT, if I could afford it, I would purchase the Supra. It is easier to work on, much more reliable, faster in a straight line for less money, albeit not as fun to drive around a turn. This is speaking from several years of regularly driving both, each starting in stock form and progressing to BPU/+ cars. Its also worthy to note, the FD is broke and in my garage, the Supra is running great and making more horsepower.

the doctors say I have ADD, but the just don't understand, hey look! a chicken!

Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | (show all)   Print Thread

Jump to

Contact Webmaster | Privacy statement CVSR.NET

UBBThreads™ 5.5.1