trans plant - CVSR Forums

Main
   >> General Forum
Thread views: 7485

Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | 3 | >> (show all)   Print Thread
BlownGTP

trans plant   Posted Mon Oct 7, 02   11:15 AM     

After posting the site for the lumina with the GTP motor in it, my wheels are spinning in my head. My girlfriend has a 93 lumina euro with a 3.1 V6. i would like to do the swap and she likes the idea too considering she loves my car and how quick it is. my question is will the trans in the car now work with the new motor? i know it will bolt up but the 4t65e in my car has all the electronic stuff wired into it and the old one does not. Will i need to replace the trans also or can i bypass all that stuff? i know i need the computer out of the GTP also but does the computer have to plug into the trans? if anybody knows this it woul be great. THANKS

--------------------------------------------------------------ILL BE WAITING AT THE NEXT LIGHT!

Post Extras: Print Post

BlownGTP

Re: trans plant new   Posted Tue Oct 8, 02   9:33 AM    [re: BlownGTP] 

i guess nobody has any input.

--------------------------------------------------------------ILL BE WAITING AT THE NEXT LIGHT!

hooyeah

Re: trans plant new   Posted Tue Oct 8, 02   9:36 AM    [re: BlownGTP] 

i know shit about small engines especially tranny's but i'd guess the lumina tranny is pretty weak and ya may not wanna put it through that abuse just to be safe i'd stick tranny and all

-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-
leak WHAT LEAK? ohhh that, it's not leaking oil it's just marking it's territory.

resident chevette lover!

BlownGTP

Re: trans plant new   Posted Tue Oct 8, 02   10:13 AM    [re: hooyeah] 

well, the tranny is exactly the same but the gtp is all electronic and the lumina one isnt.

uglystick

Re: trans plant new   Posted Tue Oct 8, 02   11:09 AM    [re: BlownGTP] 

i really don't know, but i DO have a major question to ask you blowngtp...

find out from your connections at pontiac if you can get a grand am gt with a 3.8 blower motor brand new. if you can i'll buy one.

jason

'75 BMW 3.0 CS - Terribly Un-stock.

BlownGTP

Re: trans plant new   Posted Tue Oct 8, 02   11:25 AM    [re: uglystick] 

I know for a fact that you cant. All the grand am gt's come with a 3.4 litre H.O. motor. You can buy an aftermarket blower for that motor but thats it. I beleive you can get the blower from THRASHER or RAM AIR TECH. GM was thinking about putting a 3.4 s/c motor into the grand am and calling it a GTO but instead they Made an all new platform for the GTO. I wish they would still do somthing with the 3400 motor because it was supposed to push 265 h/p bone stock and a 6 speed was going to be an option also.

uglystick

Re: trans plant new   Posted Tue Oct 8, 02   11:27 AM    [re: BlownGTP] 

yeah i just mean like a one off from the factory...i mean, the factory used to kick out a few oddball combo's here and there in the past, just curious if you knew anybody whose arm you could twist to make them build one.
jason

BlownGTP

Re: trans plant new   Posted Tue Oct 8, 02   11:28 AM    [re: uglystick] 

LOL, i really wish i could but i cant. That would be a bad assed combo thogh.

BlownGTP

Re: trans plant new   Posted Tue Oct 8, 02   11:39 AM    [re: BlownGTP] 

ill try this. this is what it would look like.
[image]http://www.conceptcarz.com/folder/photo.asp?car_id=4979&picID=17446[/image]

BlownGTP

Re: trans plant new   Posted Tue Oct 8, 02   11:40 AM    [re: BlownGTP] 

shit, didnt work just follow the link. http://www.conceptcarz.com/folder/vehicle.asp?Car_id=4979&printAllPictures=true

hooyeah

Re: trans plant new   Posted Tue Oct 8, 02   5:37 PM    [re: BlownGTP] 

-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-
leak WHAT LEAK? ohhh that, it's not leaking oil it's just marking it's territory.

resident chevette lover!

uglystick

Re: trans plant new   Posted Tue Oct 8, 02   6:11 PM    [re: hooyeah] 

that ain't a grand am, ese.

jason

BlownGTP

Re: trans plant new   Posted Wed Oct 9, 02   7:18 AM    [re: uglystick] 

thanks hooyeah. it is a grand am with a couple different body lines.

uglystick

Re: trans plant new   Posted Wed Oct 9, 02   10:22 AM    [re: BlownGTP] 

then why the 'ell does it say grand prix on the door?

jason

BlownGTP

Re: trans plant new   Posted Wed Oct 9, 02   2:20 PM    [re: uglystick] 

i think it says Grand force. that car is smaller than a grand prix.

Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | 3 | >> (show all)   Print Thread

Jump to

Contact Webmaster | Privacy statement CVSR.NET

UBBThreads™ 5.5.1