Surgery Tomorrow :( - CVSR Forums

Main
   >> General Forum
Thread views: 7345

Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | >> (show all)   Print Thread
GotRiceBitch

Surgery Tomorrow :(   Posted Wed Sep 25, 02   5:26 PM     

Wish me luck all, I'm going under the knife at 9am tomorrow morning. My nerves are rattling for sure. Eisenhower is a great hospital with awesome doctors, but still.. eghck. I have to be there at 7:15am and won't be out til 11 or noon. :/ I won't be posting for a while so.. until then.. cya 'round.

If ya see me downtown, come sign my cast! hehe. :P

---------------------------------------
Come away O human child
To the waters and the wild
With a faery hand in hand,
For the world's more full of weeping
Than you can understand

Post Extras: Print Post

uglystick

Re: Surgery Tomorrow :( new   Posted Wed Sep 25, 02   5:35 PM    [re: GotRiceBitch] 

take it easy! did you break something?

jason

'75 BMW 3.0 CS - Terribly Un-stock.

GotRiceBitch

Re: Surgery Tomorrow :( new   Posted Wed Sep 25, 02   5:39 PM    [re: uglystick] 

I have a frayed tendon in my wrist due to dequervain's disease (Where the tendon sheath is too small for the tendon to pass through and the friction causes fraying which can lead to the tendon snapping), and they're going to remove the damaged part of the tendon and do what's called dequervain's release where they enlarge the tendon sheath to allow the tendon to properly move through it.

Recovery takes anywhere from 2 to 6 months. :/

Come away O human child
Than you can understand

uglystick

Re: Surgery Tomorrow :( new   Posted Wed Sep 25, 02   5:44 PM    [re: GotRiceBitch] 

holy shit, that sucks. well, i'm sure after the recovery period you'll be smiling though. must have sucked to deal with it in the first place.

i played tennis in high school and lost all of the cartelidge on the ball joint of my ankles. now i can't stand up or walk for more than a few hours or i'll sit down (doesn't hurt), then when i get back up it feels like my damn feet are gonna fall off. it sucks. no solution. oh well, i guess the answer is just don't do what makes it hurt...

jason

GotRiceBitch

Re: Surgery Tomorrow :( new   Posted Wed Sep 25, 02   6:02 PM    [re: uglystick] 

They have cartilage replacement surgeries now, but they're painful and the recovery is long and brutal. I'm just glad to be getting this fixed because it was causing permanent swelling in my wrist, pains that would radiate all the way up to my shoulder, would cause my fingers to lock and my hand to be numb, tingle, burn, ache, and several other odd sensations. It really fucked with me for a while. The recovery's nothing compared to just dealing with it. I just hate the actual surgery part of it because.. well, they're gonna cut me up and stitch me back together. Yikes.

Come away O human child
Than you can understand

uglystick

Re: Surgery Tomorrow :( new   Posted Wed Sep 25, 02   6:09 PM    [re: GotRiceBitch] 

don't forget they're going to run a medical grade die grinder though a hole in one of your bones.

i know they have cart replacement surgery. it does suck, it's certainly not worth it for the shit i go through.

fat, lazy and couchprone,

jason

FordFactor

Re: Surgery Tomorrow :( new   Posted Wed Sep 25, 02   6:10 PM    [re: GotRiceBitch] 

GOOD LUCK

1/4mile+11.85seconds= me

GotRiceBitch

Re: Surgery Tomorrow :( new   Posted Wed Sep 25, 02   6:31 PM    [re: FordFactor] 

Ack.. don't remind me. LOL.. good thing I won't be awake to hear that grinder. I'm gonna be out for the whole thing from preop to recovery. I don't even wanna know I'm in that ice cold sterile room, much less what's happening to me. Yeesh.

Come away O human child
Than you can understand

hooyeah
Re: Surgery Tomorrow :( new   Posted Wed Sep 25, 02   6:36 PM    [re: GotRiceBitch] 

hood luck

-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-
resident chevette lover!
CHEVY

dodge

ford thats just the way it works

GotRiceBitch

Re: Surgery Tomorrow :( new   Posted Wed Sep 25, 02   6:38 PM    [re: hooyeah] 

Hood luck. Hum. Does that mean I have good luck with the hood of my car? As far as I knew nothing was wrong with it. Hahaha. :P I'm just giving you shit. Thanks for your support everyone.. hopefully I won't be gone for too long.

Come away O human child
Than you can understand

Metal396

Re: Surgery Tomorrow :( new   Posted Wed Sep 25, 02   7:33 PM    [re: GotRiceBitch] 

Hope to see ya on the forums again soon. Good luck.

Check Out:

http://www.geocities.com/spddemontc
Rock on.

GotRiceBitch

Re: Surgery Tomorrow :( new   Posted Wed Sep 25, 02   7:35 PM    [re: Metal396] 

Thanks.. :/ I know I'm not gonna sleep well tonight. Erghck. I hope I don't die or something. Hospitals scare me.. don't like 'em at all.. and don't like the fact that I'm gonna be alone through most of it. Red can't come into preop and can only come up to recovery after I've been there for an hour.. so there's a good 4 hours where I have to be in that scary place all by myself. Blargh.

Come away O human child
Than you can understand

Metal396

Re: Surgery Tomorrow :( new   Posted Wed Sep 25, 02   7:38 PM    [re: GotRiceBitch] 

you will be fine, its not all that bad. may be boring, but nothin to be afraid of. Them doctors are smart ones!

I wish i could find the video of my brother snapping both bones in his right arm in half! it was like he had 2 elbows on one arm! haha cought your attention!!!!!

Check Out:

Rock on.

GotRiceBitch

Re: Surgery Tomorrow :( new   Posted Wed Sep 25, 02   7:44 PM    [re: Metal396] 

Ow. I've seen lots of skateboarding fuck up videos that looked pretty painful. What never ceases to amaze me is that these crazy fucks get out of the hospital and get right back on their boards and do the same stupid shit in the same stupid scenario again. Can you say one too many head injuries?

Come away O human child
Than you can understand

Metal396

Re: Surgery Tomorrow :( new   Posted Wed Sep 25, 02   7:49 PM    [re: GotRiceBitch] 

HOLY CRAP! howd ya know my bro was skating??? haha taht is the one incident that ruined his chance at becoming pro.. He was just about to be sponsored. Hes 21 now, gettin alittle old and rusty, but hes the best skater ive ever seen, and he has like 2 pro friends, and has met BAM MARGERA (dunno how to spell it , His bro is part of Camp Kill Yourself, and Bamm makes the CKY vids) , hes met Bam personally.

yup my bros a cool one... lol

Check Out:

Rock on.

Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | >> (show all)   Print Thread

Jump to

Contact Webmaster | Privacy statement CVSR.NET

UBBThreads™ 5.5.1