The new boy in town - CVSR Forums

Main
   >> General Forum
Thread views: 58922

Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | (show all)   Print Thread
uglystick

Re: The new boy in town new   Posted Thu Jul 18, 02   3:10 PM    [re: hooyeah] 

that's what most of the willys owners are like. they really think they're going to build all 12. a 1/4 rusted '42 is worth more than a brand new glass kit with suspension.

here's a good pic of a s/g 7 second willys...

http://www.orionoutdoor.com/~jason/fatasswillys.jpg

jason

'64 El Camino w/ 383 Stroker; '75 BMW 3.0 CS w/ 3.2l Stroker; '78 IH Scout TBI/MSD 345 V8; '85 Jag XJS w/ 327 Dual Quad & Camelbacks; '96 Dodge Ram 4" Drop, 20's, Purdy...

Post Extras: Print Post

BIGBLOWNOVAL11
Re: The new boy in town new   Posted Thu Jul 18, 02   5:47 PM    [re: uglystick] 

whats up.....the new car in town is my step dads ...and 1000hpsbcfor is the engine builder also a good freind..so all of you who dont belive us ..well bring it and see...just be ready to have your ass handed to u ..this is not to all u cool peeps like blowngtp,sam,and all the other people that r actually fast...

ITS NOT FAST ..ITS A WORK TRUCK

LS4_454
Re: The new boy in town new   Posted Thu Jul 18, 02   6:36 PM    [re: DOT] 

Looks like DOT is Sherlock Holmes, good detective work. Whats my engine 4.494 bore by 4.358 stroke? 12" deck with 6.8" rods, will that make a difference? Should be stuffing this thing in by Sept.

DOT

Re: The new boy in town new   Posted Thu Jul 18, 02   8:50 PM    [re: LS4_454] 

all that knowledge is off the top of my head but as for what your building I haven't a fucking clue and too lazy to look it up.

storm

Re: The new boy in town new   Posted Thu Jul 18, 02   9:06 PM    [re: DOT] 

sounds like me......haha, i don't know much about it and i don't really want to look it up coz im a little lazy too

DOT

Re: The new boy in town new   Posted Thu Jul 18, 02   9:12 PM    [re: 1000hpsbchevyFOR] 

seeing is believing. I don't start shit on here I just finish it

LS4_454
Re: The new boy in town new   Posted Thu Jul 18, 02   9:13 PM    [re: DOT] 

Good knowledge DOT, thought maybe you were running some sort of desk top dyno. Take a load and check this link : http://uhaweb.hartford.edu/mueller/ricers.html

storm

Re: The new boy in town new   Posted Thu Jul 18, 02   9:46 PM    [re: LS4_454] 

haha, i had a look at em they r pretty funny some of em

hooyeah
Re: The new boy in town new   Posted Fri Jul 19, 02   12:36 AM    [re: LS4_454] 

well assuming it's a v8 looks like a 553 cubic inch something or other thats all i can tell from that i don't think it's lazynes son dots part i just don't think he really cares

-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_- CHEVY dodge ford thats just the way it works

Cutlass

Re: The new boy in town new   Posted Fri Jul 19, 02   2:00 PM    [re: hooyeah] 

nobody really cares cause there are to many bench racers around here. all you hear is i have this or i run that in the quarter....but when track day comes or they get called out hardly anyone backs their shit up.

-------------- 470 cubic inches of pissed off Oldsmobile.

uglystick

Re: The new boy in town new   Posted Fri Jul 19, 02   2:37 PM    [re: Cutlass] 

yeah cutlass, but some of us get so damn bored at work that we have nothing better to do than go back and forth on forums like this. i mean shit, if i go home and work on my car, i don't get paid. it's a double edged sword.

hell, i'm so bored today i think i'm going to start a non profit organization to raise money to buy my best friend a lenco 5 speed to adapt up to my old v12 jag engine i gave him last week.

jason
the only thing i've ever lied about on this forum since day one, was the fact that my truck is on "20's." it's on 18's. and i've noted that elsewhere already. and just a note, from lip to lip of the chrome, they're 19.5" in diameter. but they hold a 18" tire nonetheless.

'64 El Camino w/ 383 Stroker; '75 BMW 3.0 CS w/ 3.2l Stroker; '78 IH Scout TBI/MSD 345 V8; '85 Jag XJS w/ 327 Dual Quad & Camelbacks; '96 Dodge Ram 4" Drop, 20's, Purdy...

RatTrap383
Re: The new boy in town new   Posted Mon Jul 29, 02   8:26 PM    [re: 1000hpsbchevyFOR] 

I hate to rain on your parade, guy, but I'm afraid I've got to call B.S. on the 1000hp part. I've got a 383 stroker running the same exact crank, rods and pistons as you are. It's actually a Bill Mitchell Hardcore rotating assembly, and according to Mr. Mitchell (who's already forgotten way more about high hp engines than you and I will ever know) states that the pistons and rods are only good for (at the absolute most) 800 hp.
Beyond that, my heads and cam spec out to just a little less than what yours do, and I'm running a dyno proven 612hp and 645 ft. lbs. of torque. Which isn't within sniffing distance of 1000hp. I'd also feel a lot better about your story if you'd written Clevite 77 instead of Clavett, and had CNC machined instead of matched.
Beyond that!, there's a gentleman that lives a street above me with a 1,100hp 63 Nova that runs a 8.4 quarter, and he just laughed when I told him the specs on your ride. I definitely believe you''ve got the parts you say you do, but there's no way they're combining to make 1,000 of anything. An 8-71 blower doesn't give you a near 100% power increase (which is almost what you'd need) unless you absolutely jack the boost. And if you did that and kicked the compression ratio up around 14:1 or 15:1, a 350 block that's already been punched out to accomodate a bigger piston size and/or crank would just shred itself.
And this is speaking just for myself, but if I had 1,000 worth of engine, I'd be damn sure to know exactly what the lift on my cam was. You might be fast as all hell.... but 1,000 hp? Believe it when (and if) I see it.

1000hpsbchevyFOR

Re: The new boy in town new   Posted Mon Jul 29, 02   9:46 PM    [re: RatTrap383] 

I never even mentioned anything about the motor putting out a 1000 ponies thats just my screen name. And if you've read any of the other threads that I've posted on you would of already known that. I dont want to get into a pissing contest with you but I have all of my machine work done by people who know what the fuck they're doing. I dont go out and buy a mass produced Bill Mitchell hardcore rotating assembly. My rotating asemblies are all done buy a trusted machine shop that I've been doing business with for a while. And as for the dynos everyone knows how I feel about dynos. And no the motor probably doesnt put out 1000 hp but is capable of it (hint hint: more blower more timing, maybe a fuel change). Its never been on a dyno. Dynometers are good to find the right cams, the right rocker ratios, the right tune within reason. People who go to a dyno are looking for the inth degree of horse power. The real dyno is when its put to the ground or the water. Track tests display real conditions and true hp readings by what the car or boat does. By the behavior of the vehicle you are able to estimate hp and come pretty close. HP changes with conditions. Not one of the motors I have ever built has been tested on a dyno. My next motor I build may go to a dyno to try different cam combos.

As for your buddy with the nova you said it was a 63 right. Those are some impressive times. But you are talking about a 2500 pound car roughly.

I happen to have 63 nova with a nice little 355 small block in it anyone interested on a sale. The car is white with ghost flames.

Who has the fastest toys and why do I?

1000hpsbchevyFOR

Re: The new boy in town new   Posted Mon Jul 29, 02   9:59 PM    [re: 1000hpsbchevyFOR] 

As for static compresion 8:1 and running about 12 pounds of boost 18% "underdriven,"you're right I have already done the calcs. Im at about 14.5-15:1 total compression ratio. TCR=[(boost/14.7)+1]xCR] But I think my boost gauge is fucked up. So I don't know if it's giving a true reading or not. I first expected about 7-8 pounds of boost. By the way have you checked out the videos Uglystick posted.

Who has the fastest toys and why do I?

RatTrap383
Re: The new boy in town new   Posted Tue Jul 30, 02   1:24 AM    [re: 1000hpsbchevyFOR] 

Fair enough, chief. Like I said before, I'm totally willing to believe it's your ride, but that 1,000 hp thing sketched me out. And in my defense, I had a trusted machinist do all my block clearancing and boring for me, as well as balancing the rotating assembly. The componentry in the Bill Mitchell assembly is actually the same exact stuff you're running, right down to the bearings. Actually, I take that back. He just jumped over to Eagle rods and pistons. I guess Mitchell just packages it all up and slaps his name on it.;)
And it's a 2,250 pound Nova.:) He tore everything out of it. It's street legal, but it's basically a racer. And I tried the video, but all I get is audio, too. 1,000 hp or no, it's got to be close to the 63 Nova, and I've had the chance to ride shotgun on a couple of passes in that thing, so I can imagine what the half-blast of yours must look like.:)

Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | (show all)   Print Thread

Jump to

Contact Webmaster | Privacy statement CVSR.NET

UBBThreads™ 5.5.1