get the fuck off - CVSR Forums

Main
   >> General Forum
Thread views: 33330

Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | (show all)   Print Thread
Kutsuju_racing

Re: get the fuck off new   Posted Tue Jul 2, 02   11:12 PM    [re: JcAus] 

Yeah, I didn't know they we're that cheap it surprised the hell out of me....I just wish the US would let them sell some of the cars here or at Least the "R" badged cars over here but you know they american boys can't let that happen some 13 sec all motor honda driving around off the show room floor! but instead they build these supercharged and turbo'd fords and all this other crap but won't even let us have the type R civics? That's what I hate! hell they have enough trouble out at the tracks here with the all motor cars...now there's a couple of Supra's out here doing some nasty stuff!!! I heard last Wed. at the track a black supra was running in the high tens and still the muscle boys wouldn't give credit! they always swear displacement this displacement that, then when they get beat they say yeah, well you have a turbo....an L is an L no matter which way you look at it! Now don't get me wrong I'm not taking anything away from american muscle....I love and respect cars but I don't deny respect like most people do...and I also know that the fast and furious era ruined it for imports also....

Kutsuju Racing Pres

Post Extras: Print Post

JcAus

Re: get the fuck off new   Posted Tue Jul 2, 02   11:20 PM    [re: Kutsuju_racing] 

Over here we have a strict guideline to what can be imported, for example a car cannot be imported under the low volume import scheme if it has already been released locally under the Full Volume Scheme. With that in note if Honda Australia releases the Civic all variants other then the Type R, the type R become ineligable to be imported......having said that if you live over seas for longer than a year and own the car for that period then you are allowed to bring it in under the Personal Import rule.

But credit should be given where credit is due, for instance....regardless of the platform you choose (import or local) and build something that can rape the shit out of a lot of other performance car then, he should be given credit.

Jc

Kutsuju_racing

Re: get the fuck off new   Posted Tue Jul 2, 02   11:28 PM    [re: JcAus] 

I agree and I believe I've given him respect for the quickness of his car although I haven't seen it and I also sent him a PM but he would not reply...I guess some people just don't want to grow up or be friendly and hey that's they're choice we can't stop um' but hey I'll learn stuff from anyone if given the chance! because knowledge is definitely power!!!

Kutsuju Racing Pres

JcAus

Re: get the fuck off new   Posted Tue Jul 2, 02   11:33 PM    [re: Kutsuju_racing] 

Hmmmm...It is a big world and like you said there is a lot of informaion out there, if all he wanted was people from the Valley then the information pool would be limited....I mean no disrespect here at all ok? So with input from a wide variety of platforms (Import and Domestic) and skills every one can help every one

Jc

LethalToy

Re: get the fuck off new   Posted Wed Jul 3, 02   8:17 AM    [re: uglystick] 

Uglystick:
Thats a very clean truck. I like it. I particularly like the slight rake to it as well. Just right. Personally I think if your going to build a ride, mild, then build it smooth with clean lines and no tacky bolt-ons or other crap. If you wanna build 'em wild, then the skies the limit but there aren't many wild rides that you can use daily. I'm going to show your truck pic to my old man. Methinks I'll have a project to work on after he sees it. He sold his 77 Silverado w/blown 502, 4/6 drop on Hoosiers in '98 and bought a 98 Dodge Ram 2x4 w/360. He's itchin for the hop-up bug but hasn't decided on the look he wants. Most of the Rams in town are 4x4's and the only custom 2wd is slammed on bags (he doesn't like it. Too low). However if one of the new 2003 Rams show up at the wrecker, ya better believe I'm scooping those 20" factory rims for him.

----------------------------------------------------------- Obstacles are what you see when you take your eyes off the goal.

R34gtrracer
Re: get the fuck off new   Posted Wed Jul 3, 02   8:19 AM    [re: sweetdevil] 

I said i was tired. my moms ex boyfriend is a cop and i had to deal with him all day so i was really pissed and really tired

Edited by R34gtrracer (Wed Jul 3, 02   8:20 AM)

fonzarelli

Re: get the fuck off new   Posted Wed Jul 3, 02   9:20 AM    [re: R34gtrracer] 

eh?
my dads an architect, but that doesnt mean i make up stories about me driving a $50k japanese supercar.

whats up with you dude?

sweetdevil

Re: get the fuck off new   Posted Wed Jul 3, 02   9:21 AM    [re: fonzarelli] 

ya well my cousin, ex-sister in law's third cousin is in the army, what does that have to do with the price of rice in china?

__________________ Heaven doesn't want me, and hell is afraid I'll take over!

fonzarelli

Re: get the fuck off new   Posted Wed Jul 3, 02   9:22 AM    [re: sweetdevil] 

i heard the price of rice dropped 2% once they found that out

sweetdevil

Re: get the fuck off new   Posted Wed Jul 3, 02   9:27 AM    [re: fonzarelli] 

sweet!

uglystick

Re: get the fuck off new   Posted Wed Jul 3, 02   9:34 AM    [re: LethalToy] 

well, i certainly like hearing things like that, lethal! here's the setup specs:

belltech 4/4 drop, nitro-activ shocks, belltech springs, drop hangers (for the leafs), drop spindles up front w/ notched control arms, and a HUGE sway bar up front. at the time i bought the kit, beltech had recalled all of their rear sway bars, as they were too big and made the ram handle like a nastruck. a little too aggressive for most drivers. it's also got an innovation tonneau cover to match, streetmetal 18x10 chrome rims w/ 255/55/r18 yokohama avs/st tires. and the air dam is currently off the vehicle. it looks better when it's on. i cracked mine over the course of a year and bought a new one to install and simply haven't gotten around to it. i'll install it when they fix my fender.

also, the badging (sport, dodge, and RAM 1500 MAGNUM V8) have all been removed from the truck as well.

performance wise, the truck is basically stock. it's got a worthless k&n cold air intake w/ shroud, a throttle body riser, custom valve body in the trans, trans temp gauge, and an auburn gear pro ltd. slip.

that's it. oh, it's got almost 2000 watts of stereo w/ 4 dual channel 6" JL Audio speakers, and two 12" JL Audio Subs, three phoenix gold amps and a pioneer deck w/ mp3 player jacks and an iPod. such a stereo simply isn't suited for being installed in the cab of a pickup. it sounds absolutely phenomenal inside, but outside the truck it sounds a bit distorted until you open a door, then it breaks windows as the sound waves escape from the cab. opening a door with it cranked up literally increases the volume both inside and out by about 1/3. i'm probably going to dismantle the stereo system and split it up among three vehicles, as i'm no longer a fan of making people listen to my music.

the fuckin ricers get pissed when a fly looking truck drives by playing 'shut down' or the 'lil nash rambler' at 25 on a volume scale of 30....meanwhile, i'm cracking up about the fact that i'm listening to a song about a superstock dodge getting its ass handed to it by a fuelie stingray...whilst driving a dodge.

jason

'64 El Camino w/ 383 Stroker; '75 BMW 3.0 CS w/ 3.2l Stroker; '78 IH Scout TBI/MSD 345 V8; '85 Jag XJS w/ 327 Dual Quad & Camelbacks; '96 Dodge Ram 4" Drop, 20's, Purdy...

fonzarelli

Re: get the fuck off new   Posted Wed Jul 3, 02   9:39 AM    [re: sweetdevil] 

In reply to:

sweet!

dude!

uglystick

Re: get the fuck off new   Posted Wed Jul 3, 02   9:41 AM    [re: fonzarelli] 

HEY Y'ALL CUT IT THE FUCK OUT. leave r34 alone. he already told us that he drives a dodge ram. he told me it was a 77. and i believe him.

now, if you want people to play fair and tell the truth, you can't get on their case once they do.

now, r34...in response to your question about the dodge.

want it to go fast, go buy a 440, put an rv cam in it, with 10.5:1 compression pistons (buy a block, then go buy a crank kit from PAW - the black and yellow ads in hot rod, get a set of good heads - max wedge if possible, run a petronix unit in a stock dodge v8 distributor, then run an msd ignition to that. game over. that engine with that cam will put out nearly 450 horse and 650 lb ft. if you can find one, run a cross ram intake cause they're so damn cool.

go research that then ask me some more specific queestions...

jason

'64 El Camino w/ 383 Stroker; '75 BMW 3.0 CS w/ 3.2l Stroker; '78 IH Scout TBI/MSD 345 V8; '85 Jag XJS w/ 327 Dual Quad & Camelbacks; '96 Dodge Ram 4" Drop, 20's, Purdy...

sweetdevil

Re: get the fuck off new   Posted Wed Jul 3, 02   9:51 AM    [re: uglystick] 

In reply to:

In reply to:
---------------------------------------------------------------------------
sweet!

---------------------------------------------------------------------------

dude!

sweet!

uglystick

Re: get the fuck off new   Posted Wed Jul 3, 02   9:56 AM    [re: sweetdevil] 

bahahahahahhahahahahahah. damn that movie was a guilty pleasure. funny as all hell, but you can't admit that you laughed at it to anyone who hasn't seen it.

jason

Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | (show all)   Print Thread

Jump to

Contact Webmaster | Privacy statement CVSR.NET

UBBThreads™ 5.5.1