Drifting race in quakertown - CVSR Forums

Main
   >> General Forum
Thread views: 41715

Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | (show all)   Print Thread
RACINLIFE
Drifting race in quakertown   Posted Wed Jun 28, 06   12:22 PM     

If any of you live near quakertown or you know where it is, id like to have a drifting race in the parking lot across the street from the richland crossing regal movie theator. each drifter will have to pay $10.00 for entry. ill be collecting money at the entrance and the winner gets all the money. if you cant drift dont bother racing but you can watch and if you just watch you get in free. each race is 3 laps and here is the racing scedual:10:00pm -10:15 practice and admission, 10:15-1045 car show, do not play loud music or make a big scene,10:45-when ever we finish, racing and money award. then you can all go home and work on your cars or go to bed or sit on your ass and watch t.v. or sit on your ass and do somtin on the computor. post below if you can come and we will make a date. (p.s. if you all want to just have a meet and check out each others cars thats cool too.)

Just sit back hold on and hit the gas

Post Extras: Print Post

DBLDREW
Re: Drifting race in quakertown new   Posted Wed Jun 28, 06   3:16 PM    [re: RACINLIFE] 

How are you going to determine the winner? Is it by the fastest “lap”? Drifting will give you a slower lap time so it just seems to me that actually having a race where you are drifting is retarded. It’s like having a drag race where you have to do a break torque the whole ¼ mile, it will make a lot of smoke and make your car slower… hmmm that sounds great…and by great I mean fucking stupid.

"if you cant drift dont bother racing "

You should change this to- if you cant drift you will probably win.

Drifting competitions rank up there with burnout competitions…. Mildly amusing but utterly pointless.

89 Mustang 11.86 @ 118mph

Edited by DBLDREW (Wed Jun 28, 06   3:20 PM)

RACINLIFE

Re: Drifting race in quakertown new   Posted Wed Jun 28, 06   5:07 PM    [re: DBLDREW] 

the winner is the first one to cross the glowing chalk line and if your racing around the boarder of a parking lot, your most likely gonna want to fuckin drift you fuckin dumbass! if you dont drift how do turn with out drifting without cutting the turn huh? tell me that bitch!

Just sit back, hold on, and hit the gas.

Str33tRacer

Re: Drifting race in quakertown new   Posted Wed Jun 28, 06   6:44 PM    [re: RACINLIFE] 

DAMNIT why is all this shit somewhere ive never heard of or is it in california. I live in SC and for those of you who dont know what that is its South Carolina!! anyone got anything for south carolina? There are alot and i mean tons of street racing, drag racing, driting and anything elese you can think of here. WHY CALI?

RACINLIFE

Re: Drifting race in quakertown new   Posted Wed Jun 28, 06   6:54 PM    [re: Str33tRacer] 

Quakertown is own the other side of california in p.a. but i might see you cause im going to california in two weeks i think it is

DBLDREW
Re: Drifting race in quakertown new   Posted Wed Jun 28, 06   8:57 PM    [re: RACINLIFE] 

Well The fastest way around a course would be as you approach the corner you break, downshift, (double clutch) line up on the outside edge and dive in towards the inter edge of the corner, as you hit the apex you start applying the power and accelerate through the corner and down the straight.

Or your way would be to purposefully lock up your back tires to pitch the car into a slide counter steering just enough to maintain the slide through the corner. Also know as driving like a completely slow retarded bastard.

So which way would be faster… hmmm…. Well lets see how many formula one drivers do you see “drifting” around the course? None, every professional racing series, formula one, IRL, CART, Nascar, Rolex Sport car series, American Lemans series. Etc… all are professional racing series and DON’T use drifting. There is a reason they don’t use drifting and that is because it is horribly slow.

There is only 1 professional racing series that use similar techniques as drifting, and that is rally racing, but they are only using that technique because they are racing on gravel and dirt so keeping the car from sliding sideways is virtually impossible.

So I guess my question is this parking lot your “racing” in, is it gravel? If not then you my friend are a fucktard.

Str33tRacer

Re: Drifting race in quakertown new   Posted Wed Jun 28, 06   9:04 PM    [re: DBLDREW] 

I like that word " fucktard" lol. 0_o

Vin Deisel "I live my life a quarter mile at a time..."

RACINLIFE

Re: Drifting race in quakertown new   Posted Thu Jun 29, 06   4:37 AM    [re: Str33tRacer] 

Fine well race your way! the parking lot is asphalt and if we will be going really fast NO NOS. if you want to drift go ahead and drift. each race race will be 10 laps and the first one to the glowing chalk line wins.( i have two glowing chalk sticks left over from when i was a kid.

RACINLIFE

Re: Drifting race in quakertown new   Posted Thu Jun 29, 06   5:57 AM    [re: RACINLIFE] 

So um any way are we going to make a date for this or are we just going to as usual piss each other off and call each other fucktards. so come on lets set a damn date! It cant be on July 4th though because other people will be parking there cars there and watching the damn fireworks there. My sugestion is either tomaro or saturday.

RACINLIFE

Re: Drifting race in quakertown new   Posted Thu Jun 29, 06   7:46 AM    [re: RACINLIFE] 

If any one wants to just have a meet in the parking lot and just talk about cars and check eachothers cars out we can do that too, or we can go burgerking and have something to eat while we talk and then we could look at the cars and then leave or we could street race all the way down 309(the highways name) If we street race on 663(another highway) we will most likely crash because of that highway always being so crowded so just tell me what you want to do because id like to have it this week so i can meet all of you and see your cars and all that good stuff! so If you want to race just simply type in CHOICE 1, if you want to meet at burgerking, type in CHOICE 2. whitch ever choice gets the most votes we will do.

buddhakwake

Re: Drifting race in quakertown new   Posted Thu Jun 29, 06   11:50 AM    [re: DBLDREW] 

There is another reason why drifitng while racing professionally on ashpalt is not done, tire wear. The original Drift King in Japan actually used drfiting to pass his competitors on paved curvy mountain roads (it allowed him to maintain a higher speed through the corners). Granted, he wasn't doing the big drifting that we see now in D1GP or Formula D, but he was drifting and not slowing to take the turn in a completely controlled manner. But those weren't multi lap races with pit stops and tire changes. In all those major series, they would lose much more time with the added stops to change overly worn tires than they would by drifting the corners (not to mention that the F1 cars at least have traction control to keep them from drifting a car).

It's 106 miles to Chicago, we've got a full tank of gas, a half a pack of cigarettes, it's dark and we're wearing sunglasses.

RACINLIFE

Re: Drifting race in quakertown new   Posted Thu Jun 29, 06   11:52 AM    [re: buddhakwake] 

ok we got it we changed it to just plain racing around the parking lot or we can go bk

buddhakwake

Re: Drifting race in quakertown new   Posted Thu Jun 29, 06   11:55 AM    [re: RACINLIFE] 

But what's up with only 15 minutes for everyone to come in AND do their practice runs as well. Not much time.

It's 106 miles to Chicago, we've got a full tank of gas, a half a pack of cigarettes, it's dark and we're wearing sunglasses.

RACINLIFE

Re: Drifting race in quakertown new   Posted Thu Jun 29, 06   12:00 PM    [re: buddhakwake] 

well we want to get the whole thing started and done quick because if we are there for a long time then pretty soon someones gonna call the dam cops and then we are all in fuckin trouble or arrested. unless you leave way before they get there like i plan with the short racing. and if need some god dam practice just find some dam parking lot near you and practice there now or go around sharp turns where ever the hell you live.

buddhakwake

Re: Drifting race in quakertown new   Posted Thu Jun 29, 06   12:02 PM    [re: RACINLIFE] 

But if people are going to do practice runs then the cops are going to know before the "car show" is over and they'll be there before the actual race at 1045.

DBLDREW
Re: Drifting race in quakertown new   Posted Thu Jun 29, 06   12:04 PM    [re: buddhakwake] 

F1 cars do not have traction control, the abolished the tc a few years back.

That is true that tire wear would be another reason not to do it in professional series. But if drifting was in fact a faster way around a coarse then you would still see it being used in qualifying where tire wear isn’t a consideration. There is a reason you don’t see it, and that’s because it’s not the fastest way around a road course.

Traction is what you want not tire slippage. Think about it, what happens when a race car looses traction in a corner? It spins out, and usually will fly off the track and hit the tire wall. So that just shows you how much speed they are carrying through the corner when the loss of traction puts you in the wall. So if someone is drifting the speed they are carrying through the corner is unbelievably slow, otherwise they would spin out and end up in the wall just like a real race car.

RACINLIFE

Re: Drifting race in quakertown new   Posted Thu Jun 29, 06   12:08 PM    [re: buddhakwake] 

If we flee the parking lot right before they get here then we can just come back later or reschedule

buddhakwake

Re: Drifting race in quakertown new   Posted Thu Jun 29, 06   1:59 PM    [re: DBLDREW] 

Is that why every race I have watched this season has shown "tc" on those wonderful accel stats when they hit the gas too hard coming out of a corner, or why the commentators at Monaco were talking about how the drivers just lay on the gas because the traction control will keep the car from kicking out by cutting the throttle response? It depends on the course. On a Nascar oval (where they only turn left) drifting is no good, because as you pointed out cornering speeds are too high. On the right course, with the right kind of corners, then drifting is definitely much faster because it allows you to maintain speed.

buddhakwake

Re: Drifting race in quakertown new   Posted Thu Jun 29, 06   2:00 PM    [re: RACINLIFE] 

Sure, and it'll look just like the first race in FNF, and you'll be Vin Diesel parking his car safely in a garage.

RACINLIFE

Re: Drifting race in quakertown new   Posted Thu Jun 29, 06   2:02 PM    [re: buddhakwake] 

ok how abou this, when we get there we will decide how we race ok?

buddhakwake

Re: Drifting race in quakertown new   Posted Thu Jun 29, 06   2:05 PM    [re: RACINLIFE] 

How about you keep your fantasies on that OTHER forum (the sweetneon free POS).

RACINLIFE

Re: Drifting race in quakertown new   Posted Thu Jun 29, 06   2:10 PM    [re: buddhakwake] 

how about you just get a life and get your head outa your fuckin ass!

buddhakwake

Re: Drifting race in quakertown new   Posted Thu Jun 29, 06   2:15 PM    [re: RACINLIFE] 

I'm relaxing on my day off from work after partying last night, what are you doing?

DBLDREW
Re: Drifting race in quakertown new   Posted Thu Jun 29, 06   2:22 PM    [re: buddhakwake] 

I stand corrected, you’re right about the traction control. It was banned a while ago but they did bring it back.

buddhakwake

Re: Drifting race in quakertown new   Posted Thu Jun 29, 06   2:23 PM    [re: DBLDREW] 

Cool, no prob then.

RACINLIFE

Re: Drifting race in quakertown new   Posted Thu Jun 29, 06   2:24 PM    [re: buddhakwake] 

Im relaxin on my day off from street racin

buddhakwake

Re: Drifting race in quakertown new   Posted Thu Jun 29, 06   2:26 PM    [re: RACINLIFE] 

Right, but racing skateboards to the local skate shop doesn't count.

RACINLIFE

Re: Drifting race in quakertown new   Posted Thu Jun 29, 06   2:33 PM    [re: buddhakwake] 

i only did that twice. i race my car there now

Rx_otary_Se7en

Re: Drifting race in quakertown new   Posted Thu Jun 29, 06   8:06 PM    [re: RACINLIFE] 

The only time it would be necessary to drift is in a very steep angled turn (as in Japanese mountain road), not some ten degree bend.

"go wack you balls to a picture of 2 faggets you homo" << Direct quote from FastFiveO

Str33tRacer

Re: Drifting race in quakertown new   Posted Thu Jun 29, 06   8:13 PM    [re: Rx_otary_Se7en] 

tom cruise is gay!

buddhakwake

Re: Drifting race in quakertown new   Posted Thu Jun 29, 06   9:44 PM    [re: Str33tRacer] 

Thank you Captain Obvious.

RACINLIFE

Re: Drifting race in quakertown new   Posted Fri Jun 30, 06   5:37 AM    [re: Rx_otary_Se7en] 

its a 90 degree bend you dip shit

buddhakwake

Re: Drifting race in quakertown new   Posted Fri Jun 30, 06   1:03 PM    [re: RACINLIFE] 

You can't take a car on a 90 degree bend in a parking lot at any kind of speed, the driving area is too narrow.

RACINLIFE

Re: Drifting race in quakertown new   Posted Fri Jun 30, 06   1:06 PM    [re: buddhakwake] 

well we can cut the turns i suppose. but anyways ill be there at 9:45 tonight so if any of you want to come then go ahead and come

buddhakwake

Re: Drifting race in quakertown new   Posted Fri Jun 30, 06   1:11 PM    [re: RACINLIFE] 

I think you're the only one on here from Quakertown, PA.

RACINLIFE

Re: Drifting race in quakertown new   Posted Fri Jun 30, 06   1:17 PM    [re: buddhakwake] 

well you can have a nice long drive in ur nice cars and hope to come home with a lot of money.

buddhakwake

Re: Drifting race in quakertown new   Posted Fri Jun 30, 06   1:19 PM    [re: RACINLIFE] 

I couldn't ven make enough money to cover my gas if I made that trip. There won't be that many people there. You'd have to have 70 other competitors for me to beat just to cover the gas.

Rx_otary_Se7en

Re: Drifting race in quakertown new   Posted Sat Jul 1, 06   2:13 PM    [re: RACINLIFE] 

Why are you changing the race amongst people you actually know because of what a bunch of people on the internet are telling you? Is is because you're full of shit? I think it is.

"go wack you balls to a picture of 2 faggets you homo" << Direct quote from FastFiveO

Rx_otary_Se7en

Re: Drifting race in quakertown new   Posted Sat Jul 1, 06   2:16 PM    [re: buddhakwake] 

I would imagine that people in a city called Quakertown wouldnt have computers or cars. Must be a new generation of Quakers.

RACINLIFE

Re: Drifting race in quakertown new   Posted Sat Jul 1, 06   3:12 PM    [re: Rx_otary_Se7en] 

ha ha not funny at all dipshit. and even if quakertown was for quakers they just woudnt have guns here but we have plenty of guns plenty of sports cars and plenty of people wiling to fuckin murder you for sayin that because we do have a few murderors here even though most of them commited suicid after the cops just about had them arrested. hell my friend down the street has a truck that was made into a monster truck that he could just drive right over to your house and then run your ass over and then go right through your fuckin house and keep going through it until it just a pile of fuckin ruble so id shut the hell up if i were you but of corse i now ur just another asshole so you will say something else thats really fuckin stupid so ill just ignore it

buddhakwake

Re: Drifting race in quakertown new   Posted Sun Jul 2, 06   7:27 AM    [re: Rx_otary_Se7en] 

I think you're thinking of the Amish. But maybe it's only named quakertown because that's where the quaker oats company was founded.

buddhakwake

Re: Drifting race in quakertown new   Posted Sun Jul 2, 06   7:33 AM    [re: RACINLIFE] 

See, that's the kind of shit that makes you seem like you are 12 years old (at the oldest). I mean, come on, "most of them commited suicid after the cops just about had them arrested"? what the hell is that all about? if they really were murderers the cops would have just arrested them (maybe not convicted them) not "just about had them arrested". And there's no way a monster truck would reduce a normal house to rubble, the roof would have to have been taken off first, or else the truck would just try to climb up the wall (since there's no blade or anything to hit the wall before the tires and actually start bringing things down).

RACINLIFE

Re: Drifting race in quakertown new   Posted Sun Jul 2, 06   9:10 AM    [re: buddhakwake] 

the murederors alway run and hide in the woods and then when they see a cop the kill them self

buddhakwake

Re: Drifting race in quakertown new   Posted Sun Jul 2, 06   9:25 AM    [re: RACINLIFE] 

That's murderErs, and I have to ask, what was the last grade you completed in the PA school system? Or is that the kind of education that HS grads receive in your state?

RACINLIFE

Re: Drifting race in quakertown new   Posted Sun Jul 2, 06   11:04 AM    [re: buddhakwake] 

i just finished 11th grade

DBLDREW
Re: Drifting race in quakertown new   Posted Sun Jul 2, 06   8:03 PM    [re: RACINLIFE] 

I would be willing to bet that you’re not over 12 years old. I don’t care what your profile has in it. I would expect some immaturity out of a 17 year old but you are just way over the top. Either you’re a severely mentally retarded 17 year old, or just some dumb punk 12 year old trying to act cool (and failing miserably)

RACINLIFE

Re: Drifting race in quakertown new   Posted Mon Jul 3, 06   5:03 AM    [re: DBLDREW] 

im 17 and i know that and i really dont care what you assholes think any more

buddhakwake

Re: Drifting race in quakertown new   Posted Wed Jul 5, 06   8:26 PM    [re: RACINLIFE] 

If you have completed the 11th grade, then the PA school system is worse than I thought (about on par with the current CA system that I abandoned to work for the Mermaid Whore of Babylon)

Str33tRacer

Re: Drifting race in quakertown new   Posted Wed Jul 5, 06   9:07 PM    [re: buddhakwake] 

lol PA school systems!

RACINLIFE

Re: Drifting race in quakertown new   Posted Fri Jul 7, 06   9:26 AM    [re: buddhakwake] 

UR JUST A GOD DAM S.O.B. THAT IS PROBABLY 7 AND MAKES FUN OF EVERY ONE

Str33tRacer

Re: Drifting race in quakertown new   Posted Fri Jul 7, 06   9:34 AM    [re: RACINLIFE] 

lol

buddhakwake

Re: Drifting race in quakertown new   Posted Sat Jul 8, 06   9:37 AM    [re: RACINLIFE] 

26, used to be a teacher, till I realized that the system is so flawed now that I've gotta go back and get a Master's degree or a Ph.D. and teach at a University to make a difference.

Rx_otary_Se7en

Re: Drifting race in quakertown new   Posted Sun Jul 9, 06   12:25 AM    [re: RACINLIFE] 

I switch from the SGV, Inland Empire, and San Diego. Dont think Im scared of some white kid, because Ive seen crime.

buddhakwake

Re: Drifting race in quakertown new   Posted Sun Jul 9, 06   7:16 AM    [re: Rx_otary_Se7en] 

Same here. I've been held up (fuckin people robbing a pizza delivery guy, bastards), shot at, and had people with grudges try to beat me up. That's why I started carrying knives (yes, plural) full time. They come in really handy up close.

Rx_otary_Se7en

Re: Drifting race in quakertown new   Posted Wed Jul 12, 06   12:21 PM    [re: buddhakwake] 

I always wanted a butterfly knife, but you cant do too much damage without really knowing how to use one. I find that a replica airsoft pistol usually gets the job done. All you gotta do is flash it.

buddhakwake

Re: Drifting race in quakertown new   Posted Sat Jul 15, 06   9:18 AM    [re: Rx_otary_Se7en] 

When you're built like a small mountain and have a big knife strapped to your waist with big, crazy looking hair it does quite a bit to warn the bad guys away. I own a couple butterfly knives, quite fun.

Rx_otary_Se7en

Re: Drifting race in quakertown new   Posted Sat Jul 15, 06   1:30 PM    [re: buddhakwake] 

It doesnt mater how built you are when it comes to some of the dumb ass mexicans around here. They start shit with everyone, and then pick their fights later. I had one rev on me at a light to get on the freeway on my way home from work (he was driving an AVEO OF ALL CARS!) Lane merges into one, so I gave him the lead and just rode his ass until the cars cleared and blew him away. Guy follows me for a good 3 lights and then tells me "VTEC is for pussies", I responded with "Yes, it is". Loser.

buddhakwake

Re: Drifting race in quakertown new   Posted Sat Jul 15, 06   1:55 PM    [re: Rx_otary_Se7en] 

Yeah, but it helped delivering pizzas to bad neighborhoods. People actually tended to look away or turn away when I would look at them.

RACINLIFE

Re: Drifting race in quakertown new   Posted Wed Jul 19, 06   6:21 AM    [re: Rx_otary_Se7en] 

i just got and airsoft gun but all it does is sting you for a little bit and even if you hold it right up against them it still wont pierce the skin. i have a friend tim that tried it on me with a pretty dam powerfull one and still all it did was leave about a 1 minute sting. if u shot them in the eye, that would be some progress though.

buddhakwake

Re: Drifting race in quakertown new   Posted Sat Jul 22, 06   9:25 AM    [re: RACINLIFE] 

What he meant was that sometimes all it takes is something to look like a real weapon.

Rx_otary_Se7en

Re: Drifting race in quakertown new   Posted Sat Jul 22, 06   9:44 PM    [re: RACINLIFE] 

How many people do you know that have an airsoft gun that shoots a .25g projectile at 360 feet per second (25 rounds a second, its an MP5), or a MAC 10 that shoots close to 90 rounds per second at 410 fps. Ive welted many friends (and thats with the pussy gun, the mac 10 shot through a mouse)

fast_honda1233
Re: Drifting race in quakertown new   Posted Mon Jul 24, 06   7:53 AM    [re: Rx_otary_Se7en] 

IT SHOT THROUGH A FUCKING MOUSE!!!!!! sweeeeeet. ya i had airsoft guns once but i broke them, i dont know how you killed a mouse, my 660fps mp5 couldnt even shoot through a balloon close range

Str33tRacer

Re: Drifting race in quakertown new   Posted Mon Jul 24, 06   8:01 AM    [re: fast_honda1233] 

my friend has an AK-47, and a shot gun A.S.G. i just have a desert eagle one!

Rx_otary_Se7en

Re: Drifting race in quakertown new   Posted Mon Jul 24, 06   11:20 AM    [re: fast_honda1233] 

660fps could probably shoot through drywall. My MP5 shot through 2 1/2 layers of cardboard at about 10-15 feet, and destroyed a 40 bottle at about 35-45 feet. It must not be 660fps if it cant pierce a balloon, because I have.

Str33tRacer

Re: Drifting race in quakertown new   Posted Mon Jul 24, 06   12:08 PM    [re: Rx_otary_Se7en] 

where did youget thoose i got mine a dick's sporting goods.

Rx_otary_Se7en

Re: Drifting race in quakertown new   Posted Mon Jul 24, 06   1:00 PM    [re: Str33tRacer] 

Used to go to an airsoft shop, now I get them online because theyre cheaper (and the guys at that shop are cocks)

Str33tRacer

Re: Drifting race in quakertown new   Posted Mon Jul 24, 06   4:42 PM    [re: Rx_otary_Se7en] 

lol, i go to http://www.airsplat.com they have good prices, i never got one from there but my friend nick did and he said that there are good quality.

fast_honda1233
Re: Drifting race in quakertown new   Posted Mon Jul 24, 06   9:45 PM    [re: Str33tRacer] 

no im 100$ sure it was 660fps got it checked the day before at a paintball park where they hold airsoft tournements on sundays

Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | (show all)   Print Thread

Jump to

Contact Webmaster | Privacy statement CVSR.NET

UBBThreads™ 5.5.1