What are you listening to right now? - CVSR Forums

Main
   >> General Forum
Thread views: 7670

Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | 3 | >> (show all)   Print Thread
sweetdevil

What are you listening to right now?   Posted Wed Mar 12, 03   9:49 AM     

What are you listening to right now? And what kinda music do you like? Let's start talking about some tunes.... what tunes are best for driving/racing? (And, a SBC 350 at 4 grand is not an acceptable answer)

Sweet Devil Clothing
Ride Like HELL!

Post Extras: Print Post

BlownGTP

Re: What are you listening to right now? new   Posted Wed Mar 12, 03   10:25 AM    [re: sweetdevil] 

Well, i like the music that most of you hate. I like Mostly hip hop and some trance music. My favorite is old school JAY-Z. I do like some rock like Disturbed, chevelle, System of a down, stuff like that but mostly hip hop.

ILL BE WAITING AT THE NEXT LIGHT!

MrPeabody

Re: What are you listening to right now? new   Posted Wed Mar 12, 03   10:49 AM    [re: BlownGTP] 

The wailing of a Honda B16 at 8g's
Me, i'm a rock guy, though I dabble in techno/trance to. I'm into old school Korn, (anything other than the first album sucks nuts), first Disturbed album ect ect.
When crusing I listen to allot of techno, (good flow to the drve.) Still mostyl rock for me

-Ben

sweetdevil

Re: What are you listening to right now? new   Posted Wed Mar 12, 03   11:37 AM    [re: MrPeabody] 

I like rock, punk, country...etc

Anyone else like punk, or this new emo/punk/rock stuff?
Who's your fav punk bands?

Sweet Devil Clothing
Ride Like HELL!

MrPeabody

Re: What are you listening to right now? new   Posted Wed Mar 12, 03   11:47 AM    [re: sweetdevil] 

Punk eh? I wouldn't call the new stuff punk, more like faster pop rock If we wanna talk punk, I have some: Agent Orange, Suicidal Tendencies, Husker Du, Wasted youth, older school stuff. Though I don't mnd some of the newer stuff, like Blink 182 Sum 41, I just wouldn't classify it as punk. I also like ska, old school No Doubt, Real Big Fish and Voodoo Glow Skulls to name a few

-Ben

JcAus

Re: What are you listening to right now? new   Posted Wed Mar 12, 03   12:18 PM    [re: MrPeabody] 

I would have to say some old School R&B and Funk, much to the tunes of George Clinton and the P funk allstars.

Also Big pimpin by Jay-Z goes well when cruising. But also some Boys to men and Petey Pablo.

I am heading out tonight to Ja-Rule and Ashanti. Should be large

Jc

----------------
Check it out it's like this....
If I lose, winner takes my happy meal.
But if I win, I take the burger AND the TOY!
To some people thats more important.

hooyeah

Re: What are you listening to right now? new   Posted Wed Mar 12, 03   1:18 PM    [re: JcAus] 

right now stone sour "bother"

80's stuff kicks ass
not a huge rap fan but i listen to some hip hop some r&b a fan of classic late 80's early 90's rap grandmaster flash...
some punk
classic rock
oldies
some classical sounds pretty cool
i guess you could say jsut about everything

what if the hokey pokey really is what it's all about?

JcAus

Re: What are you listening to right now? new   Posted Wed Mar 12, 03   1:22 PM    [re: hooyeah] 

80's man they went off

everything much more simpler then and oh....I love the 80's lol

Jc

----------------

sweetdevil

Re: What are you listening to right now? new   Posted Wed Mar 12, 03   1:27 PM    [re: hooyeah] 

when i say punk i mean o0ld stuff like bad religion, social distortion, and new stuff like strung out, guttermouth, etc...

not Blink 182, sum 41 or that kinda crap... it's all good, but it's not punk

Sweet Devil Clothing
Ride Like HELL!

hooyeah

Re: What are you listening to right now? new   Posted Wed Mar 12, 03   1:29 PM    [re: sweetdevil] 

pop-punk

BlownGTP

Re: What are you listening to right now? new   Posted Wed Mar 12, 03   1:58 PM    [re: JcAus] 

Hey Jacus, i just saw ja rule and ashanti about 2 weeks ago. the show was short but sweet. you'll like it. LOL and theres nothing like the p funk all stars with george clinton LOL!!!1 thats classic

MrPeabody

Re: What are you listening to right now? new   Posted Wed Mar 12, 03   2:00 PM    [re: sweetdevil] 

That's what I said sweet, just forgot to include those

-Ben

MrPeabody

Re: What are you listening to right now? new   Posted Wed Mar 12, 03   2:01 PM    [re: sweetdevil] 

BTW, ever listen to black flag?

-Ben

JcAus

Re: What are you listening to right now? new   Posted Wed Mar 12, 03   2:03 PM    [re: BlownGTP] 

Sweet should be good.

I look forward to it

Only problem is the teeney boppers here but at least they wear slutty clothes

Lol

jc

----------------

BlownGTP

Re: What are you listening to right now? new   Posted Wed Mar 12, 03   2:05 PM    [re: JcAus] 

LOL, gota love the teenie boppers! LOL j/k

MrPeabody

Re: What are you listening to right now? new   Posted Wed Mar 12, 03   2:09 PM    [re: BlownGTP] 

shwwwwwooooooooooosh!***

Look, JaRule and Ashanti just went mainstream... now, onto the next musical act MTV can ruin.

-Ben

Phatmatt

Re: What are you listening to right now? new   Posted Wed Mar 12, 03   2:27 PM    [re: MrPeabody] 

um I like 80s, Classic Rock, Techno (Trance and House mainly), Alternative, and Blues (and old R&B... NOT that newer shit!).

Old R&B and Blues is best for just crusing

Techno is best for Racing

Rock is better for like long distance drives where you can let your foot get kind of heavey

Alternative is ok for just driving or listening to

80s is hilarous to listen to with your buddies.

JcAus

Re: What are you listening to right now? new   Posted Wed Mar 12, 03   2:39 PM    [re: Phatmatt] 

I get g'd up on Techno before races but when I am cruising and a light run happens I will be g'd to Petey Pablo or Bone Thugz and Harmony

Jc

----------------

Satanismycopilot
Re: What are you listening to right now? new   Posted Thu Mar 13, 03   8:52 AM    [re: JcAus] 

i like metal, hardcore, sludgecore, black metal

fav bands include PanterA, Down, Hatebreed, Suprejoint Ritual, Cradle of Filth...etc etc etc

oh and i like eminem...yeah i know that just threw you off

Edited by Satanismycopilot (Thu Mar 13, 03   3:03 PM)

BlownGTP

Re: What are you listening to right now? new   Posted Thu Mar 13, 03   11:02 AM    [re: Satanismycopilot] 

it seems like everybody likes eminem. even if you are a 100% metal fan.

MrPeabody

Re: What are you listening to right now? new   Posted Thu Mar 13, 03   12:43 PM    [re: BlownGTP] 

I hate to be mainstream, but I like him to. Not normaly a rap fan, (mainly like old school), but he seems to actually be creative compared with most acts these days.

-Ben

Satanismycopilot
Re: What are you listening to right now? new   Posted Thu Mar 13, 03   3:02 PM    [re: MrPeabody] 

yeah....and in a way his shit is heavy....his new album has alot of guitars in it

Gorgoth3k1

Re: What are you listening to right now? new   Posted Thu Mar 13, 03   7:41 PM    [re: Satanismycopilot] 

Right now my cd player is on random and i think the 5 discs in there are Machinehead - Supercharger, Metallica - Reload, Green Day - Nimrod, Deftones - Donno which album... bunch of downloaded mp3's, Mixed CD of various 70's metal bands... Lynyrd Skynyrd, Alice Cooper, Iron Buttefly, The Cars...

I listen to literally all types of music except for that teeny bopper crap... that nsync stuff makes me want to kill... hehe... but i listen to Russel Watson (opera singer), Howard Shore (composer for LotR OST), any hard metal (Hatebreed, CoF, Korn (old and newest album), Disturbed, etc.), I also like ICP and Eminem....

All that new bubble-gum punk stuff just annoys me... such as Blink 182 and Sum41...

Techno is good tho...

I also like country... Alan Jackson and Garth Brooks are the shit... heh...

-Gor

-------------------------------------------------------------

Caddy 500ci. Fiero

LS4_454
Re: What are you listening to right now? new   Posted Thu Mar 13, 03   8:10 PM    [re: Gorgoth3k1] 

Mine is full too playing Trio, B-52's, Kinks, Blondie and Love & Rockets.

JcAus

Re: What are you listening to right now? new   Posted Thu Mar 13, 03   8:53 PM    [re: LS4_454] 

Ja Rule and ashanti went off last night yeah twas sweet as

Jc

----------------

hooyeah

Re: What are you listening to right now? new   Posted Sat Mar 15, 03   3:25 PM    [re: JcAus] 

the only good thing abotu eminem is it's funny when he pisses people off and gets charged and shit

SweetNeon

Re: What are you listening to right now? new   Posted Sat Mar 15, 03   4:29 PM    [re: sweetdevil] 

jungle =)

LethalToy

Re: What are you listening to right now? new   Posted Fri Mar 21, 03   9:54 PM    [re: SweetNeon] 

In reply to:

jungle

go figure. from the resident forum monkey.

I like all music but country as long as it's loud and clear. I like sound quality.

I run an HK AVR525 digital amp and Carver C1000a power amp, Athena S3C/P3C power towers, with direct/ambient QX Dahlquist surrounds even though I am daisy-chaining 2 Acoustic Research ARPR1212's along with the 4 power tower P3C subs

-----------------------------------------------------------

Obstacles are what you see when you take your eyes off the goal.

LethalToy

Re: What are you listening to right now? new   Posted Fri Mar 21, 03   9:56 PM    [re: LethalToy] 

sorry, noticed after that it was for driving. Thats my home equipment.

But i still like it loud.

As for the truck...i turned to the dark side. Sorry Ugly.......I pulled the JL's and now run Kicker Solo L7's

BlownGTP

Re: What are you listening to right now? new   Posted Sat Mar 22, 03   8:20 AM    [re: LethalToy] 

You went from JL's to kicker? what made you do that? I love my JL's and never had any luck with kicker.

MrPeabody

Re: What are you listening to right now? new   Posted Sat Mar 22, 03   4:40 PM    [re: BlownGTP] 

Anyone got some W6's???

-Ben

LethalToy

Re: What are you listening to right now? new   Posted Sat Mar 22, 03   8:21 PM    [re: BlownGTP] 

Still running 3 W6's in the Freak but now have solos in the 93 SR5 and Alpines in the T/A. I really like the JL's but they just can't hit the low frequencies like the solos do. A single solo 8 hits lower than 2 JL 12's running off the same amp. But those subs are like a hoover vacuum. They suck all the amps juice till it's dry. Kinda like Neons momma.
You gotta run caps. I have a 5 farad cap running with the solos and I am still drawing a throb in the current. I have been toying with the idea of running the Solo 18X. 10,000 watts peak, 5000 watts RMS 18" Kicker Solobaric L7. Weighing in at a staggering 100lbs each + the added weight of all the amps you need to just run one properly would give any ricer an instant lowrider with the added weight. Riding on the bumpstops would be a daily occurence.

MrPeabody

Re: What are you listening to right now? new   Posted Sat Mar 22, 03   8:27 PM    [re: LethalToy] 

Does it include the mad tight negative camber for fast and furious handling???

-Ben

1969Stang
Re: What are you listening to right now? new   Posted Sat Mar 22, 03   10:07 PM    [re: MrPeabody] 

i'm listing to code name rocky right now.
but i listen to just about everything oldies, 80s stuff, country, somerap, metal, classical just about everything i don't like to limit myself in what i listen to. But the sound of a 03 cobra engine in a thunderbird at 4500 rpm makes does just fine for me.

Go Ahead....
Unleash your Beast....
Mine will be waiting...

120mphbuick
Re: What are you listening to right now? new   Posted Sat Mar 29, 03   11:20 PM    [re: sweetdevil] 

bob seager, metallica, classic rock, heavy metal usually for working on cars and techno /rave for driving . I also listen to 7th circle which happens to be a new band on the scene me and my buddies started it up about 3 months ago we will never b big

-----------------
I'll kiss it and make the Pain go away after
i beat you

Edited by 120mphbuick (Sat Mar 29, 03   11:23 PM)

Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | 3 | >> (show all)   Print Thread

Jump to

Contact Webmaster | Privacy statement CVSR.NET

UBBThreads™ 5.5.1