gto parts - CVSR Forums

Main
   >> General Forum
Thread views: 49350

Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | (show all)   Print Thread
MrPeabody
Re: gto parts new   Posted Tue Jan 21, 03   12:36 PM    [re: BlownGTP] 

Actually, I am kinda jealious of his neon if it is what he says, but then again i'm a rice boy

-Ben

Post Extras: Print Post

BlownGTP

Re: gto parts new   Posted Tue Jan 21, 03   2:44 PM    [re: MrPeabody] 

lol

ILL BE WAITING AT THE NEXT LIGHT!

uglystick

Re: gto parts new   Posted Tue Jan 21, 03   2:55 PM    [re: BlownGTP] 

ben why don't your share your plans for your z with the group...

btw, ben showed me a 20 valve toyota twin cam that will bolt right into my geo 178 horse 132 lb ft.

hmmm....perhaps...

jason

Project Junkyard Greyhound - '75 BMW 3.0 CS; Korman Twin Turbo Intake w/ Integrated Water to Air Intercooler; Single T3/T4 Turbo w/ Rayjay Adjustible Wastegate; Haltech E6K

BlownGTP

Re: gto parts new   Posted Tue Jan 21, 03   3:13 PM    [re: uglystick] 

ugly, i think you should do it. what kind of money is it for the motor itself?

ILL BE WAITING AT THE NEXT LIGHT!

hooyeah
Re: gto parts new   Posted Tue Jan 21, 03   3:40 PM    [re: uglystick] 

hmm then it'll also bolt right up to my friends moms toyota paseo hmmmm

a wise man once said OOSABOOSA BOO@O!!!

what if the hokey pokey really is what it's all about?

uglystick

Re: gto parts new   Posted Tue Jan 21, 03   3:41 PM    [re: BlownGTP] 

shit man motor and 5 speed manual (i have a shitbox auto on its way out right now) for like 2100 bucks.

when my car dies...we'll see. these engines are available all the time from japan and the importers.

it'd make a good fight fire with fire ricekiller...especially in my town where none of the ricers even do swaps...

jason

Project Junkyard Greyhound - '75 BMW 3.0 CS; Korman Twin Turbo Intake w/ Integrated Water to Air Intercooler; Single T3/T4 Turbo w/ Rayjay Adjustible Wastegate; Haltech E6K

uglystick

Re: gto parts new   Posted Tue Jan 21, 03   3:42 PM    [re: uglystick] 

oh and that's with like 30k miles on the clock. not bad. and you know i'd still get good mpg with that little shitter.

jason

MrPeabody
Re: gto parts new   Posted Tue Jan 21, 03   6:32 PM    [re: uglystick] 

Hey, now you're getting the idea of the Import Racing industry Same as B swaps in Honda's... we take the good engines that came in Japan models and swap our shitbox american counterparts

As for the Z, i'm liking the idea of a RB26DETT swap from a Skyline. Mounts pretty easy and the only mod on the engine would be relocation of the oil sump lines... other than the wiring of course

-Ben

uglystick

Re: gto parts new   Posted Wed Jan 22, 03   8:59 AM    [re: MrPeabody] 

so what's the story with the exhaust plumbing on the drivers side vs. the steering box/rack/etc?

jason

MrPeabody
Re: gto parts new   Posted Wed Jan 22, 03   10:30 AM    [re: uglystick] 

I'm not quite sure yet. I need to go over it under and over to see. Plan on e-mailing that guy from Australia to see if his car is RHD or not, and if he knows of any issues...

-Ben

uglystick

Re: gto parts new   Posted Wed Jan 22, 03   10:40 AM    [re: MrPeabody] 

you shoudl be able to tell from the interior photos on his site. the easiest answer is to use a rack and pinion no power assist setup so that you can avoid any extra plumbing. that and make it a good rear steer rack and you'll be fine (ie the rack is behind the subframe).

anyway, racks are a hell of a lot more low profile than a box and track rod/idler arm setup. instead of having a bunch of arms and moving parts you have one big elongated horizontal cylinder (the rack) with moving rods out either side...

that's the answer if your car doesn't already utilize the rack and pinion system.

jason

MrPeabody
Re: gto parts new   Posted Wed Jan 22, 03   11:00 AM    [re: uglystick] 

I'm about 85% sure it is rack and pinion, and it isn't power assisted either...

-Ben

uglystick

Re: gto parts new   Posted Wed Jan 22, 03   12:26 PM    [re: MrPeabody] 

welp, alrightythen, go get yourself an RB! wait, yer broke. well, save money then! ;-) it's a great idea...email that guy now before he sells the extra conversion parts he has...if you're serious about this that should be your first step.

jason

SweetNeon

Re: gto parts new   Posted Sat Feb 1, 03   12:46 AM    [re: LS4_454] 

and it is how big?

SweetNeon

Re: gto parts new   Posted Sat Feb 1, 03   12:49 AM    [re: BlownGTP] 

im hardly chubby dumbass, you dont have shit on me retard, am i chubby sweetdevel?

Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | (show all)   Print Thread

Jump to

Contact Webmaster | Privacy statement CVSR.NET

UBBThreads™ 5.5.1