Neon Build up - CVSR Forums

Main
   >> Domestic Forum
Thread views: 106510

Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | (show all)   Print Thread
SweetNeon
Neon Build up   Posted Tue Sep 24, 02   10:48 PM     

thought this mite come in handy to the next person thinking about building and swaping a motor in to a neon, since my bottom end is slowly going out im going to build a fresh bottom end useing the best stock parts for the 2.4 for under 800$. im not going to go all out on a hardcore bottom end right now so this will have to do in the mean time, i'll be takeing pictures and shit along the way, this is my parts list:
1996-2000 2.4 caravan block
95-96 stratus water pump
95-96 stratus tensioner setup
BD tensioner spacer
PT Cruser pistons
2.5 turbo rods
hopefully i'll be starting on every thing by the end of the weeks, shit is gona be dope

Post Extras: Print Post

hooyeah
Re: Neon Build up new   Posted Wed Sep 25, 02   2:00 PM    [re: SweetNeon] 

one thing i noticed about dodge they are fucking great for interchangability ever think about maybe a daytona turbo?

-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-
resident chevette lover!
CHEVY

dodge

ford thats just the way it works

Edited by hooyeah (Wed Sep 25, 02   2:02 PM)

SweetNeon
Re: Neon Build up new   Posted Wed Sep 25, 02   7:21 PM    [re: hooyeah] 

i dont like turbo, only n/a, dodge are good for interchangability but honda is the best

SweetNeon
Re: Neon Build up new   Posted Thu Sep 26, 02   9:56 PM    [re: SweetNeon] 

i got T2 rods with apr bolts comeing on saturday, sweeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeet

Stryker

Re: Neon Build up new   Posted Thu Sep 26, 02   11:37 PM    [re: SweetNeon] 

In reply to:

dodge are good for interchangability but honda is the best

That's the ONLY thing hondas are best at...only other think they are good for is demolition derbies.

~~~::::<Curtis Stryker>::::~~~

hooyeah

Re: Neon Build up new   Posted Thu Sep 26, 02   11:39 PM    [re: Stryker] 

they suck in demolition derbies good mini demo car either chevette or k car wagon

resident chevette lover!
CHEVY

dodge

MrPeabody

Re: Neon Build up new   Posted Thu Sep 26, 02   11:47 PM    [re: hooyeah] 

Geez,
Feelin the love for Hondas... Just because 99.9% of Honda owners are ricers doesn't mean the rest of us .1%'ers should be steriotyped:P And actually Neon's right. Honda swap possibilities are endless.

-Ben

Stryker

Re: Neon Build up new   Posted Thu Sep 26, 02   11:47 PM    [re: hooyeah] 

I don't think you caught on to the joke there...

~~~::::<Curtis Stryker>::::~~~

MrPeabody

Re: Neon Build up new   Posted Thu Sep 26, 02   11:53 PM    [re: MrPeabody] 

Oh by the way,
(Not tryin to get on anyones case here), can you think of many other companies that can produce 150 HP per liter while still retaining emissions standards that the government hasn't even gotten close to rating yet? I'm not trying to say Hondas are the best, i'm just tryin to get ppl to wade through all the rice shit and see the goods things about the company...

-Ben

hooyeah

Re: Neon Build up new   Posted Thu Sep 26, 02   11:58 PM    [re: MrPeabody] 

there are good things but hmm ferraari may have it with there 3.5? litre v12 int he f40 it pased emissions but yeah stryker i did get youyr joke i was just stating a fact about the demo here last year

resident chevette lover!
CHEVY

dodge

MrPeabody

Re: Neon Build up new   Posted Fri Sep 27, 02   12:00 AM    [re: hooyeah] 

Heh,
There is that. If ya got 500 G's :P

-Ben

sweetdevil

Re: Neon Build up new   Posted Fri Sep 27, 02   8:09 AM    [re: MrPeabody] 

honda fucking rocks!!! I'm a big fan of thier street bikes, dirt bikes, and quads! I think they're cars are great for chicks, and daily drivers. I don't think they should be at a 1/4 mile drag strip riced to shit by some 17 y/o who's seen F&F too many times!!! But I do LOVE Honda!

Heaven doesn't want me, and hell is afraid I'll take over!

BlownGTP

Re: Neon Build up new   Posted Fri Sep 27, 02   8:50 AM    [re: sweetdevil] 

I think honda is good on the dirt but the street bikes suck ass in my opinion.

--------------------------------------------------------------ILL BE WAITING AT THE NEXT LIGHT!

uglystick

Re: Neon Build up new   Posted Fri Sep 27, 02   10:17 AM    [re: BlownGTP] 

ok peabody, don't take this wrong. that post about the ecotec. truck passes smog...8hp per cubic inch.

430 hp per liter...

but honda does rock. they make mean little cars that satisfy california's stringent laws and there is a great build-up ability of them to produce mad power. it just plain flat out costs a lot more than building a muscle car. and in the end, you get a different behaving car, so they are honestly just like two ways around the same mountain.

jason

'75 BMW 3.0 CS - Terribly Un-stock.

LethalToy

Re: Neon Build up new   Posted Fri Sep 27, 02   10:57 AM    [re: BlownGTP] 

No wings, No prayer.

-----------------------------------------------------------

Obstacles are what you see when you take your eyes off the goal.

SweetNeon

Re: Neon Build up new   Posted Fri Sep 27, 02   7:27 PM    [re: BlownGTP] 

you guys need to stop fucking up my thead, DAMIT !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

SweetNeon

Re: Neon Build up new   Posted Fri Sep 27, 02   7:31 PM    [re: sweetdevil] 

RC51s are dope tho im planing to buy one when i go up to texas

BlownGTP

Re: Neon Build up new   Posted Sat Sep 28, 02   9:10 AM    [re: SweetNeon] 

Yea, i have to agree that an RC51 is a bad ass bike.

--------------------------------------------------------------ILL BE WAITING AT THE NEXT LIGHT!

Phatmatt

Re: Neon Build up new   Posted Sun Sep 29, 02   3:04 PM    [re: BlownGTP] 

ok you're going to go with Dodge's 2.5 minivan engine and AREN'T going to turbocharge it? I'd actually like to see that. if you're going all motor, what are you shooting for?

BlownGTP

Re: Neon Build up new   Posted Sun Sep 29, 02   4:55 PM    [re: Phatmatt] 

this might be a dumb question but has anybody messesd with the dual over head cam 2.7 litre v6 that they put in the intrepids? im not saying to keep that motor in the intrepid but put it in somthing else smaller. Any upgrades for that engine?

hooyeah

Re: Neon Build up new   Posted Sun Sep 29, 02   5:24 PM    [re: BlownGTP] 

i'd probably use the 3.5 v6 instead

resident chevette lover!
CHEVY
dodge

Kutsuju_racing

Re: Neon Build up new   Posted Mon Sep 30, 02   4:52 PM    [re: hooyeah] 

You see there it is right there. that's the mentality that's different from imports to Muscle cars....for imports it's about weight and doing more with less. or just not too big. Plus I think it also has a whole lot to do with being an underdogg and proving everybody wrong.

you see you guys are going with these huge motors and doing rediculous times(don't get me wrong its bad ass!) But hondas are doing it with so much less and Honda stamped blocks. I really wouldn't know but my guess is that in NHRA with a Stock block meaning Manufactures stamped block they may be running in the 6's? but we're not that far behind anymore. I remember when Hondas first started back in 97 I had my superstreet mag and my boss had his Hot Rod Mag. and it said "oh, these HIGHLY Juiced tube frame front wheel drive hondas are running mid to high 12's and just totally dogging us out. He was all laughing I said oh, you think so and through my mag on the table....on the cover was a 12 sec. daily driven integra!

My point is we've just been dogged out since the beggining. I even understand because there are so many little kids making us look bad. back to the main point sorry! The fastest all motor neon is running a 2.0L I believe R/T block. it's all about weight. A Muscle car guy/girls first though is BIG BLOCK or something and ours is LOOSE WEIGHT. For us it's all about getting 350HP from a 2.2 or a 2.6 compared to your 500 from a 7.L motor and shit. It's just a total different mind set? Sorry I just realized it when I read his post.

Let me get back to why I came here I though some of you chevy boys would like this....

http://media.racingflix.com/videos/lingenfelter_vs_dsm.mpeg

Sorry I don't know how to post links but it's from importevolution.com That vette is BAD ASS!!!!

Kutsuju Racing Pres

hooyeah

Re: Neon Build up new   Posted Mon Sep 30, 02   6:01 PM    [re: Kutsuju_racing] 

more with less more with more i like the second one it's all in the mind set and i hate the damn high revving stupid exhaust note even the well built cars i hate that sound pisses me offv oh well different mind set and i forgot what the piint of this post was but that vette was fucking fast

resident chevette lover!
CHEVY
dodge

hooyeah

Re: Neon Build up new   Posted Mon Sep 30, 02   6:03 PM    [re: hooyeah] 

and that is how you post the link nothing complex just type it in

resident chevette lover!
CHEVY
dodge

BIGBLOWNOVAL11

Re: Neon Build up new   Posted Mon Sep 30, 02   11:29 PM    [re: hooyeah] 

I WANT ONE OF THOSE VETTES..ohhhhh i like i like....

ITS NOT FAST ..ITS A WORK TRUCK ..MMMM MY TRUCK LOVES TO EAT IMPORTS...RICE IS GOODDDDD...!

Metal396

Re: Neon Build up new   Posted Mon Sep 30, 02   11:56 PM    [re: BIGBLOWNOVAL11] 

that thing has gotta pull SO HARD!!!! jeeze, i hope i can get my car to do that lol

Check Out:

http://www.geocities.com/spddemontc
Rock on.

uglystick

Re: Neon Build up new   Posted Tue Oct 1, 02   11:23 AM    [re: Metal396] 

ok kutsuju,

you need to keep sending those goodies this direction. that was a sweet clip. what's a dsm?

my el camino acts like that. no bs. i'll have to get some videotape of it.

so back to the topic at hand: small engines, big power. i completely agree with you kujitsu...mad power out of a small engine shows skill. so help me out. i've got a 2.0l bmw m10 block that i can fiddle with. i want to make insane power for cheap. what do i do?

jason

BlownGTP

Re: Neon Build up new   Posted Tue Oct 1, 02   11:33 AM    [re: uglystick] 

well, do you consider a 3.8 to be a small engine?

1969Stang
Re: Neon Build up new   Posted Tue Oct 1, 02   12:54 PM    [re: BlownGTP] 

not really...if it is you gtp its a 231 if its my new tbird...well new to me...the 3.8 is a 232.....but selling it....the engine that is...it has 265k miles on it..but it still well isn't like new...but its damn good...the only thing I have had to do is change the serp. belt..damn I hated that...i'm still getting 25mpg...though....its nice...I still have the mustang though....

Go Ahead....
Unleash your Beast....
Mine will be waiting...

hooyeah

Re: Neon Build up new   Posted Tue Oct 1, 02   3:50 PM    [re: 1969Stang] 

anything under 8.0 litres is small

resident chevette lover!
CHEVY
dodge

Kutsuju_racing

Re: Neon Build up new   Posted Tue Oct 1, 02   6:27 PM    [re: hooyeah] 

Your a clown! lol to me that is a big motor but hey those kinda motors are the size of half my car! I know you can't get a 4 cylinder to sound that great...mine doesn't sound like most shit you hear it does ok man it's a pretty nice growl to it...it's not some whimpy wine like most it's got a nasty roar to it now.

That vette is a lengenfelter Twin Turbo corvette! I believe it's the 2nd stage that cost like $140,000!!!!

listen when it first takes off you can hear the blow off valves!

A DSM is a Mitsu...it's a first Gen Eclipse turbo...the guy has it running 12.4's now in that video he was running 13's his shit is quick but that Vette I think runs low 11's out of the box....the sad part is there still another one higher then that and it's like over 200,000 though! I don't have much else of those here a couple you may like....

now this is a real Japanese car!!! turn up your speakers!!!!
http://media.racingflix.com/videos/dyno/852r33.mpeg
I think it dynoed at 852HP Notice the guys sitting on the truck to keep it on the rollers???

here's a Twin Turbo Supra with 1,300 hp the sam car came to the salt flats and hit 242 with full interior full cat back and still unibody!!

http://students.washington.edu/crm2/Racing%20Videos/Supra%20Drift

Kutsuju Racing Pres

hooyeah

Re: Neon Build up new   Posted Tue Oct 1, 02   8:16 PM    [re: Kutsuju_racing] 

see i hate that sound to shitty if ya ask me cept the turbos whine nicelyt but shit that vette if it's the one i'm thinking twin wurbo 350 i think thats the 725 hp model 11's out of the box with a 228 top speed

resident chevette lover!
CHEVY
dodge

FOracing

Re: Neon Build up new   Posted Wed Oct 2, 02   11:08 AM    [re: Kutsuju_racing] 

A....DSM stands for DIamond Star Motors.....though made by the same company a DSM is not only a Mitsubishi Eclipse, but also a Eagle Talon...and a Plymouth Laser in its first Generation....goes something like this..

Eclipse....1st gen...90-94...2nd Gen...95-99
Laser....1st gen...90-94
Eagle....1st gen...90-94....2nd Gen...95-98 (company folded)

B....Lingenfelter is not a 120,000 dollar car in any form....It is about 22,000 for the 550 hp twin turo set up that the DSM raced...and if you like the single digit 1/4 mile passes it will cost you about 52,000 over the 45,000 dollar sticker price....so the setup everyone saw in that video....will run you about 70,000 not bad considering the price of a viper...nsx...ferrari..porsche...that package will surely put you ahead of any of those cars and for quite a bit cheaper....If you really wanna hurt there feelings you can go with the 107,000 dollar vette....but hey it can be a street machine without a problem and well you just arent gonna find to many car that can run 9's.....

no disrespect man just bringing alittle more clarity to the situation

here is the link
http://www.lingenfelter.com/home.asp

There is some stuff done to it but the most power comes from the FOracin Plates

BlownGTP

Re: Neon Build up new   Posted Wed Oct 2, 02   11:21 AM    [re: FOracing] 

those videos are very impressive. 9.2 @ 150! holly shit could you imagine doing 0-150 in 9 seconds with a street legal car? WOW

hooyeah

Re: Neon Build up new   Posted Wed Oct 2, 02   4:37 PM    [re: FOracing] 

i was talking about the 700 hp lingenfelter it's around viper price as bit more or sometihng like that damn memory

resident chevette lover!
CHEVY
dodge

uglystick

Re: Neon Build up new   Posted Wed Oct 2, 02   4:55 PM    [re: hooyeah] 

ok foracing... that is only a 500 horse vette, wasn't it. i mean it looked cool trouncing the little dipshit sucker motor car, but i really thought that was what my el camino looked like stomping on people around that speed.

then after the ride in this willys, hell, i am getting even more big headed regarding the elco.

that lingenfelter 500 horse vette runs what? 11's?

jason

hooyeah

Re: Neon Build up new   Posted Wed Oct 2, 02   5:00 PM    [re: uglystick] 

i want an slp firehawk

resident chevette lover!
CHEVY
dodge

Phatmatt

Re: Neon Build up new   Posted Wed Oct 2, 02   6:35 PM    [re: hooyeah] 

Viper Venom 800 (my current favorite car) does 0-60 in 2.4 seconds totally street legal. quit bragging about that GAY assed Vette. ha ha ha I'm kidding, that vette was so freaking awesome.

Phatmatt

Re: Neon Build up new   Posted Wed Oct 2, 02   6:40 PM    [re: Phatmatt] 

you know I wish more racers were like us and the dudes in that vid. There are just too many assholes out on the street.

Metal396

Re: Neon Build up new   Posted Wed Oct 2, 02   7:45 PM    [re: Phatmatt] 

Exactly! But i havent ran into any assholes.. theres nobody around here (not like i would do anything cause my car is a slow turd right now hehe).

Although i have run a new 2002 celica that had rims, new lights, and exhaust, sounded like auto trans. I dunno what else was done to it.

Me and my friend were headin down to a muffler shop, and there was a new celica with a couple chicks in there (yes they were hot lol). Us listening to Motley Crue and them listening to some crappy rap shit. After a couple minutes of glances and smiles, we both hit the gas, knowing we were both gunna see who would be faster. I didnt hit it real hard *my car doenst pull hard anyways* (while they kept in first gear till it sounded like it was gunna explode lol) then once they shifted to second, i hit up 3500 rpm and took off past em. they kept within a car length behind both us still running up to about 70. And thats it lol.

Check Out:

Rock on.

Kutsuju_racing

Re: Neon Build up new   Posted Wed Oct 2, 02   9:17 PM    [re: Metal396] 

That's cool I wasn't trying to post exact stuff yeah, those are prices for kits but here's the prices I was mentioning and that's what I was told but here's what I found....

2000 Lingenfelter Corvette 650 Twin-Turbo Specifications

General Information
Price: $113,000
Miles Per Gallon: 5/31 mpg
Curb Weight: 3330 lbs
Layout: Front-Engine/RWD
Transmission: 6-Speed Manual
Engine
Type: Twin-Turbo V8
Displacement: 5670 cc
Horsepower: 650 bhp @ 5800 rpm
Torque: 600 lb-ft @ 5000 rpm
Redline: 6400 rpm
Performance
0-60 mph: 3.3 sec
0-100 mph: 6.7 sec
Quarter Mile: 10.8 sec @ 133.5 mph
Skidpad: .94g
Top Speed: 226 mph
Braking, 60-0 mph: 111 ft
Slalom Speed: 70.8 mph

General Information
Price: $165,000
Miles Per Gallon: 15/24 mpg
Curb Weight: 3340 lbs
Layout: Front-Engine/RWD
Transmission: 5-Speed Automatic
Engine
Type: Twin-Turbo V8
Displacement: 7007 cc
Horsepower: 802 bhp @ 4600 rpm
Torque: 866 lb-ft @ 3600 rpm
Redline: 6500 rpm
Performance
0-60 mph: 1.97 sec
0-100 mph: 4.33 sec
Quarter Mile: 9.24 sec @ 150 mph
Skidpad: 1.01g
Top Speed: 240 mph
Braking, 60-0 mph: 108 ft
Slalom Speed: 69.7 mph
http://www.fast-autos.net/index.html

That's cool though man no disrespect......I will not begin to act like I know about your guys's types of cars...I know a little but when asked I don't know shit. I'm definately not one to quote on V8's unless I back it up with proof? I just though you guys might like those links....

Kutsuju Racing Pres

SweetNeon

Re: Neon Build up new   Posted Fri Oct 4, 02   7:37 PM    [re: Kutsuju_racing] 

you guys need to stop fucking up my god dam thread

Phatmatt

Re: Neon Build up new   Posted Sat Oct 5, 02   12:08 PM    [re: SweetNeon] 

wasn't this about building up a neon?

SweetNeon

Re: Neon Build up new   Posted Sun Oct 6, 02   12:28 PM    [re: Phatmatt] 

i guess not

ShowMeYourTits
Re: Neon Build up new   Posted Mon Oct 28, 02   1:10 PM    [re: SweetNeon] 

and the neon will be done when???? Let me know, because i will enjoy smoking my tires past you, and then take your money TOO!!!!!! TeLL then ta ta

uglystick

Re: Neon Build up new   Posted Mon Oct 28, 02   2:22 PM    [re: ShowMeYourTits] 

wow! there's a name i haven't heard in a long time!

why haven't we seen much of you lately?

jason

Metal396

Re: Neon Build up new   Posted Mon Oct 28, 02   5:40 PM    [re: uglystick] 

haha i miss the old style forums!

----------------------------------------------------
Rock on.

LS4_454
Re: Neon Build up new   Posted Wed Oct 30, 02   10:09 PM    [re: SweetNeon] 

All this talk about building a POS Neon and ricers makes me want to get my VW up and running to do some ass whoopn'.
Beware the green Volkswagen!

uglystick

Re: Neon Build up new   Posted Thu Oct 31, 02   10:04 AM    [re: LS4_454] 

can i guess 454? hmmm...gti or rabbit with audi 1.8t running gear?

jason

MrPeabody

Re: Neon Build up new   Posted Thu Oct 31, 02   12:36 PM    [re: uglystick] 

Shit that would be quick. I wonder if you could hook up the quattro AWD too... Kick ass rally car right there

-Ben

uglystick

Re: Neon Build up new   Posted Thu Oct 31, 02   2:17 PM    [re: MrPeabody] 

i'm not sure. but i know there are quite a few of those conversions on the road. there was one in grassroots motorsports (one of the best magazines on the rack imho) a while back that was full on done up right. it was nice.

jason

hooyeah

Re: Neon Build up new   Posted Thu Oct 31, 02   2:20 PM    [re: uglystick] 

it's probablyt one of those 10 second bugs

ford racing the biggest oxymoron EVER!
resident chevette lover!

future chevette lover ->>

LS4_454
Re: Neon Build up new   Posted Thu Oct 31, 02   7:08 PM    [re: hooyeah] 

Hooyeah gets the prize of the day! It's not a 10 second one, yet, but it does run quicker than the 14.99 ricers that always show up at the track. Sorry Jason, no Rabbit or GTI in the house, you just can't get a FWD to hook like a rear wheel driver and it takes way too much money to get one of those to run a number lower than 14.99, and of course there is the smog test issue.
No wing, no stickers, no fart can, no naaaaaaaawws, just pure motor.

MrPeabody

Re: Neon Build up new   Posted Thu Oct 31, 02   11:11 PM    [re: LS4_454] 

I could get my car to run 13's if I had a little over 2000 bucks, mid to low 14's for even cheaper

-Ben

hooyeah

Re: Neon Build up new   Posted Fri Nov 1, 02   8:05 AM    [re: MrPeabody] 

betcha i can get my cavaleir to run 12s for about 2000 bucks

resident chevette lover!

uglystick

Re: Neon Build up new   Posted Fri Nov 1, 02   9:04 AM    [re: hooyeah] 

yeah, once.

jason

hooyeah

Re: Neon Build up new   Posted Fri Nov 1, 02   9:16 AM    [re: uglystick] 

it would'nt be that hard cut off all body panels to a bucket sitting on the frame to sit on and strap a 350 to it with a chepass driveshaft won't be street legal but i could probably go faster actually

resident chevette lover!

sweetdevil

Re: Neon Build up new   Posted Fri Nov 1, 02   11:33 AM    [re: hooyeah] 

I could get the nissan to do 12's with $2000, you guys saw the website about the nissan sentra that ran 13's with $0 money put into it?

MrPeabody

Re: Neon Build up new   Posted Fri Nov 1, 02   1:30 PM    [re: sweetdevil] 

Yup, it was an article in Sport Compact Car. This guy wrote in saying his bud in a turbo miata was gonna race him and he wanted to beat him. So the mag took his car to 3 college engineering students and said the only restriction was they couldn't spend money on it. They stripped the shit outa it, though I think they only got it runnin 14's. It turned out being a frame, driveline, and a seat I'll look for the link...

-Ben

MrPeabody

Re: Neon Build up new   Posted Fri Nov 1, 02   1:33 PM    [re: MrPeabody] 

Ok, got it. It's pretty funny

http://www.sportcompactcarweb.com/features/0208_scared/

-Ben

hooyeah

Re: Neon Build up new   Posted Fri Nov 1, 02   1:36 PM    [re: MrPeabody] 

already shown it can you say mario cart

resident chevette lover!

uglystick

Re: Neon Build up new   Posted Fri Nov 1, 02   2:21 PM    [re: hooyeah] 

man the funniest part about that article was the rims/tires....and junior with the spec v on 20's wonders why all his spec v buddies kick his ass...

jason

LS4_454
Re: Neon Build up new   Posted Fri Nov 1, 02   10:29 PM    [re: MrPeabody] 

Hi Peabody,
I would spend $600-$800 on a 50-100 shot to get you a good number. Less money and more bang for your buck and no problems with smogging. No engine running problems because your EFI cant handle the cam. After all, you wont need that 200hp all the time, just for those "occassions"!

dragonrider87

Re: Neon Build up new   Posted Sat Nov 2, 02   12:37 AM    [re: LS4_454] 

i think there is more parts to a mario kart than that damn thing

do you think we could play another game maybe you could win this time

MrPeabody

Re: Neon Build up new   Posted Sat Nov 2, 02   12:15 PM    [re: dragonrider87] 

I'm not too much of a Nitrious person, i'm gonna go with an engine swap most likely, by the time i'm done it would have cost roughly 2000. I'd be running 14's and possibly 13's w/ slicks. Oh, and a 50 shot would probobly put me into the 15's...

-Ben

LS4_454
Re: Neon Build up new   Posted Sat Nov 2, 02   6:49 PM    [re: MrPeabody] 

I thought you said that you are already run 14's with 160 hp? Before you start all this, have you taken your car to a track yet to get a number? I would try and get at least 6 passes in to get a baseline so when you make some changes you will know if you are going in the right direction and by how much. Racing someone on the street that "feels" there car runs 14's is not the same thing as going to the track and getting a real number.
A buddy of mine use to street race a guy who would do this, make changes to his car but never take it to a track. Funny part is it cost this guy $60 each time and my friend would always beat him by a 1/2 car length since he had him covered. Only my friend knew if the guys car was any better or worse!

MrPeabody

Re: Neon Build up new   Posted Sat Nov 2, 02   8:24 PM    [re: LS4_454] 

I never said I run 14's or have 160 HP, I just said my car will run 14's with 160 HP, all compared to other civic hatchbacks of the same year and model with the same mods, all reletevly speaking And yes, I do plan on taking my car to the track when i'm done with it to get a slip so I know exactly what it runs

-Ben

LS4_454
Re: Neon Build up new   Posted Sun Nov 3, 02   9:22 AM    [re: MrPeabody] 

Aaaaaaaaaaaaaaah. I see. I would still take it out the way it is now and see how it is, you may be closer to 14's than you think.

MrPeabody

Re: Neon Build up new   Posted Sun Nov 3, 02   10:49 AM    [re: LS4_454] 

Heh I wish, with a good launch I might be in the low 16's if i'm lucky, the thing has 92 hp stock and all I got on it is an intake

-Ben

Phatmatt

Re: Neon Build up new   Posted Sun Nov 3, 02   1:28 PM    [re: MrPeabody] 

I was under the impression that you were a racer. but if you're not even running 16s, I don't see how that's possible. Even my stock grey voyager van will run better than 17. Dude you need to get your ass in gear. What have you done to you car? anything?

Phatmatt

Re: Neon Build up new   Posted Sun Nov 3, 02   1:31 PM    [re: Phatmatt] 

sorry that post made me sound like a bigger dick than I actually am. I was just surprised and curious.

MrPeabody

Re: Neon Build up new   Posted Sun Nov 3, 02   1:44 PM    [re: Phatmatt] 

I never said I was a racer or my car was fast. I know allot about cars, especially imports, and their performance because I research and read up, so after college when I actually have money my car will be done right. I have street raced, I don't have a fast car though, sorry if I left that impression

-Ben

MrPeabody

Re: Neon Build up new   Posted Sun Nov 3, 02   1:47 PM    [re: MrPeabody] 

I'm pretty sure my car will run low to mid 16's, however, I can't back that up since i've never run it at an actual strip. LIke I said before, all it has is an intake, so i'm guessing it has a whooping '95' horepower now :P

-Ben

Phatmatt

Re: Neon Build up new   Posted Sun Nov 3, 02   1:54 PM    [re: MrPeabody] 

well save up man. I wouldn't think it'd cost TOO much to get that car running 14s. maybe a couple of grand.

MrPeabody

Re: Neon Build up new   Posted Sun Nov 3, 02   2:00 PM    [re: Phatmatt] 

It will actually take me about $2000 to run 14's. That's swapping in a JDM B16, 1.6L DOHC VTEC, 160 HP 111 lbs. trq. I've also been thinking of building up a SOHC non-Vtec 1.6L for some boosting duty, it will cost more, but in the long run it'll be a heleva lot faster, and it might be street legal

G2G, cya

-Ben

Metal396

Re: Neon Build up new   Posted Sun Nov 3, 02   3:27 PM    [re: MrPeabody] 

i think my car would run 18s.... stock rated with 163rhp and 255lbs trq .... has an RV midrange cam, makes most of its little power 2500 through 3500 rpm. 2 barrel. 8.5:1 compression...

what ya think? 18s... 19s...?
lol any way to figure out 1/4 mile times from 0-60mph times? 0-60mph in 9.5 seconds... oh and it weighs about 3600lbs.

Rock on.

uglystick

Re: Neon Build up new   Posted Tue Nov 5, 02   12:37 PM    [re: Metal396] 

man, you must have a set of those infernal ferd 1.77:1 gears or some shit. that setup should run faster than an 18. put a four barrel on it for chrissake!

jason

Robertohill7
Re: Neon Build up new   Posted Tue Nov 5, 02   2:02 PM    [re: MrPeabody] 

hi do you know what colour neons can you get? i dont know what are the colours

hooyeah

Re: Neon Build up new   Posted Tue Nov 5, 02   2:07 PM    [re: Robertohill7] 

try www.dodge.com

resident chevette lover!

Satanismycopilot
Re: Neon Build up new   Posted Tue Nov 5, 02   3:14 PM    [re: uglystick] 

maybe he should put 3.55:1 gears in it or something along that line too

Kutsuju_racing

Re: Neon Build up new   Posted Tue Nov 5, 02   4:26 PM    [re: Satanismycopilot] 

well peabody I finally ran my car! I wan't so pleased but It's gonna take a little more seat time. I have a couple other things up my sleeves. the times weren't that good but the cars I was beating made up for the slip. I ran a best of 15.66@ 88.8 and that was beating a 2002 VW Jetta 1.8Turbo with an intake, chip and exhaust. I also ran a 15.69 to beat a crx with a B16! but I just evened up the score he beat me the first time and I beat him the second! Plus I beat some guys who was bragging on how he had a 396 and even stock he wouldn't loose to a single cam honda! It was great! I don't even know what kinda car it was. But I still have this crappy DX tranny I'm hoping I can get it to around the 15.0's with the si tranny it has a 4.250 gear compared to the 3.88 that I'm running

Kutsuju Racing Pres

uglystick

Re: Neon Build up new   Posted Tue Nov 5, 02   4:31 PM    [re: Kutsuju_racing] 

glad to hear you punked a 396 owner. what all have you done to your car, peter?

jason

MrPeabody

Re: Neon Build up new   Posted Wed Nov 6, 02   12:36 AM    [re: uglystick] 

Wow man, with the mods you got I woulda figured you being lower than mid 15's... got anything heavy in that car??? Even more suprising is that you beat a rex with a B16, was he gunnin for traction? Sweet workin that 396
Yeah, the DX tranny is pretty sad, hehehe... the only good thing about my car is that the guy who had it before me swapped in a Si tranny to my DX engine! The ratios always seemed a bit shorter than they should have been so I was curuious, my bud has a DX and driving his I noticed a BIG difference, then I checked and figured out that the Si tranny tacs at 3500 RPM going 70 in 5th, which mine does, so that convinsed me The only prob is that the idiot before me wasn't running ANY tranny fluid, so some of the gears are rough, i'm trying to see if there's a rebuild kit for it. The tranny deffinently makes a difference though, I raced my bud's DX and had him by 3-4 car leingths

-Ben

uglystick

Re: Neon Build up new   Posted Wed Nov 6, 02   10:15 AM    [re: MrPeabody] 

hey kutsuju, what kind of power are you building in that engine? if it is a lot, i would (just once, humor me), try running the 1/4 by shifting from 1 to 3 to 5. that'll use more of that vtec controlled power band instead of having one big 'pull up to speed' gear and 4 1000rpm powerband gears... give it a try and fiddle with the gears you grab. this obviously will only work if you are building a good amount of power in the first place. it's the 5 speed that's eating you alive. get a two speed auto with a shift kit.

jason

Kutsuju_racing

Re: Neon Build up new   Posted Wed Nov 6, 02   10:21 PM    [re: uglystick] 

Peter? why did you ask that? Don't you remember me? CAI, H,E, CG, FR, and Vtec controller. yeah that tranny's killing me I'm gonna try shifting about 500rpms sooner in 2nd, and 3rd we'll see I'll be out there again in a few weeks...nah, it would bogg way too low. If I run the Si tranny I know I can get close if not get into the 14's all motor. (it's only a single cam 1.6 ) so it's not too shabby for a wapping 70 something cubic inches! with the pistons I have in my garage and a cam I'm looking for a total pakage of around 160 or so to the wheels I've seen one done similar with head work putting down 181 to the wheels! Yeah, man it was gutted I was hoping to run a whole lot lower too. A lot of people say a lot of things but until you show me a timeslip I ain't hearing it. I'm at about 1,100 feet above sea level here but I really just think it's the tranny and the fact that it was the first time out at the track I still need to get use to the car on 13's I drive it daily with 17's chrome so it's a huge difference. and it's not like I'm launching everyday either. I'll get it down though don't worry.

Kutsuju Racing Pres

Kutsuju_racing

Re: Neon Build up new   Posted Wed Nov 6, 02   10:25 PM    [re: Kutsuju_racing] 

oh, yeah another example of what people we're running at the track this one kid had a 280? with an SR20 in it! yup the heart of a silvia it was twin turbo and the dude only clicked off a 15.2 at that point and he was like your running 15.5 all motor! it was funny but driving a car is a whole other thing. I killed this old guy in a 4.6 GT mustang he was trying so hard to get me cause I killed him off the line. .606 reaction to his .9?? and a 2.3 60' to his 3.0 60 ' he must have wanted me real bad but it was too late! it was funny!

Kutsuju Racing Pres

MrPeabody

Re: Neon Build up new   Posted Thu Nov 7, 02   12:37 AM    [re: Kutsuju_racing] 

That's what's so kick ass about our generation civs and their weight, we're quick outa the whole, Perfect for stoplight races However, once we get into the 60 + MPH, it doesn't quite climb as much

-Ben

uglystick

Re: Neon Build up new   Posted Thu Nov 7, 02   10:24 AM    [re: Kutsuju_racing] 

i couldn't remember your real name and i kept wanting to call you yoda, so i deferred to peter.

how can you have a single cam with vtec? i confuse.

j

uglystick

Re: Neon Build up new   Posted Thu Nov 7, 02   10:27 AM    [re: MrPeabody] 

fast out of the hole and worthless thereafter? sounds like our subaru. we launched it a few times the other day against an s2000 while we were out on the town and absolutely skull fucked this lady. she promptly did the ricer flyby at 100mph shortly thereafter...and yes, she was revving on us the whole time.

jason
subaru subaru subaru <poof> it's gone...

LS4_454
Re: Neon Build up new   Posted Thu Nov 7, 02   8:37 PM    [re: MrPeabody] 

You haven't seen quick until race a Bug with a real motor. You ain't doin' shit until your 60' is under 2 seconds, my kids Jr Dragster pulls 2.3-2.6 60' times. Any of you guys actually here in the Valley? I'm about to get this bug running again, youre making miss the "fun" days.

Edited by LS4_454 (Thu Nov 7, 02   8:42 PM)

Kutsuju_racing

Re: Neon Build up new   Posted Fri Nov 8, 02   10:22 PM    [re: LS4_454] 

yeah, I need a little practice and I'll get my 60 foot's down...hell carts are quick, my car pulls pretty good it's just that damn DX final gear ratio!

yeah, it's a 94 Si sohc vtec it's a D16Z6 1.6 with 125 stock. if you guys want to check it out I was reluctant to put this out there with all the drama but you can check out my ride at my club website www.kutsujuracing.com I'm the president of the car club but I'm also the president of the Arizona chapter...I started the car club in Germany 4 years ago and now we've kinda blown up!

dude I use to have a 65' with a fully built 1641cc in it fully balance dual baby dells! my brother had a kick ass 56 oval! I'm gonna build me one in the future! I love bugs too! I'm a small car kinda guy.

Kutsuju Racing Pres

SweetNeon

Re: Neon Build up new   Posted Sat Nov 9, 02   12:42 AM    [re: ShowMeYourTits] 

it i'll be out when it runs 11s all motor

LS4_454
Re: Neon Build up new   Posted Sat Nov 9, 02   10:13 AM    [re: Kutsuju_racing] 

Fully built 1641? Childs play (grin). I'm running a 2165, non-welded large valve heads, 48 IDA's and a 1 3/4 exhaust through a super turbo muffler. I've got better parts "laying" around to get it moving even better. Pure motor, pure fun on the street. I'd like to have your brothers 56 oval though.

Kutsuju_racing

Re: Neon Build up new   Posted Sat Nov 9, 02   10:55 AM    [re: SweetNeon] 

it i'll be out when it runs 11s all motor

What the hell does that mean? is this even english? Neon I've never even seen one of your timeslips dude but don't sweat it cause I've only done the swap and this aint the swap I'm going for It's just in becuase I had it in my garage. Don't worry dude I'm either going turbo or all Motor with an H22A 2.2 220HP Stock!

Kutsuju Racing Pres

Kutsuju_racing

Re: Neon Build up new   Posted Sat Nov 9, 02   11:01 AM    [re: LS4_454] 

Yeah it was childs play I was 16 years old but I was fucking people up racing! yeah, my brother car was sick dude it was like the second fastest all motor bug in Texas and Oklahoma! he traded straight accross for his Corrado G60. I have to fix my scanner and I'll post some pics he had a 3 inch flow master on it!!! it's like this old ass bug with a big set of nuts just sitting there....when he would do burn out he would just sit there and drag the exhaust cause the car would squat so good! I'll post picks man it was crazy! now he just builds and paints bugs for other people...he just finished a 21 window bus! his buddy that he hangs with has had 2 cover cars on VW Trends! He suppossed to be moving out here with me and were gonna build another bug together....haven't decided if it'll be turbo or NA yet.

Kutsuju Racing Pres

Kutsuju_racing

Re: Neon Build up new   Posted Sat Nov 9, 02   11:01 AM    [re: LS4_454] 

Yeah it was childs play I was 16 years old but I was fucking people up racing! yeah, my brother car was sick dude it was like the second fastest all motor bug in Texas and Oklahoma! he traded straight accross for his Corrado G60. I have to fix my scanner and I'll post some pics he had a 3 inch flow master on it!!! it's like this old ass bug with a big set of nuts just sitting there....when he would do burn out he would just sit there and drag the exhaust cause the car would squat so good! I'll post picks man it was crazy! now he just builds and paints bugs for other people...he just finished a 21 window bus! his buddy that he hangs with has had 2 cover cars on VW Trends! He suppossed to be moving out here with me and were gonna build another bug together....haven't decided if it'll be turbo or NA yet.

Kutsuju Racing Pres

SweetNeon

Re: Neon Build up new   Posted Sat Nov 9, 02   1:51 PM    [re: Kutsuju_racing] 

lol i had a pretty wild night last night, funny to see the stupid shit i say and do, i ment to say the next time the neon will come out here is when it will run 11s all motor

LS4_454
Re: Neon Build up new   Posted Sat Nov 9, 02   6:48 PM    [re: Kutsuju_racing] 

Give me a holler when you post them. Where are you at now?

LS4_454
Re: Neon Build up new   Posted Sat Nov 9, 02   6:51 PM    [re: SweetNeon] 

11 second neon that is all motor? What are you putting in it, a 350 V8? If that is still a Dodge product then it should be one hell of a screamer. Where are you located?

SweetNeon

Re: Neon Build up new   Posted Sat Nov 9, 02   9:33 PM    [re: LS4_454] 

2.5 dohc, with an ITB set up and engine management, in a tube chassie neon

sweetdevil

Re: Neon Build up new   Posted Sat Nov 9, 02   9:35 PM    [re: SweetNeon] 

and to help the kid who is still on too many drugs... he lives in the Coachella Valley.... : )

Life sucks, get a fucking helmet!

SweetNeon

Re: Neon Build up new   Posted Sun Nov 10, 02   10:12 AM    [re: sweetdevil] 

i am confused

Kutsuju_racing

Re: Neon Build up new   Posted Mon Nov 11, 02   9:39 AM    [re: SweetNeon] 

Neon I thought you were running a stock chasis. I never heard of you converting it to tube chasis what did you do back half it? I saw that you gutted the hell out of it?

Kutsuju Racing Pres

MrPeabody

Re: Neon Build up new   Posted Mon Nov 11, 02   10:04 AM    [re: Kutsuju_racing] 

I think those are his future plans, considering he's working at a shop now.

-Ben

SweetRacerGurl16
Re: Neon Build up new   Posted Wed Nov 13, 02   3:31 PM    [re: MrPeabody] 

yeah... hondas are great and not every1 that ones one races.

sweetdevil

Re: Neon Build up new   Posted Wed Nov 13, 02   3:32 PM    [re: SweetRacerGurl16] 

In reply to:

yeah... hondas are great and not every1 that ones one races.

my friend has1 two, it's two slow for my almost too cylinder....

Metal396

Re: Neon Build up new   Posted Wed Nov 13, 02   3:50 PM    [re: sweetdevil] 

woah, its givin me a headache tryin to figure that out

Rock on.

uglystick

Re: Neon Build up new   Posted Wed Nov 13, 02   4:58 PM    [re: Metal396] 

ones? oh-nnns? ohwns? aw shit, i'm gonna go paint my nails...figuring out how to spell 'owns' is so fucking annoying. why can't all of the verbs in the english language be spelled ones?

jason

JcAus

Re: Neon Build up new   Posted Wed Nov 13, 02   6:06 PM    [re: uglystick] 

Ate and Eight
There or they're or Their
And all of those little worded rhymes, I cant remember em all but who ever was going to learn the english language it would be hard

uglystick

Re: Neon Build up new   Posted Wed Nov 13, 02   8:32 PM    [re: JcAus] 

see, you australians are as bad as we are. neither of our countries know how to speak the 'english' language... oh well, we both speak it better than those sorry limey's do. sorry cHaM3L1on....it's true...

jason

Gorgoth3k1
Re: Neon Build up new   Posted Wed Nov 13, 02   8:42 PM    [re: uglystick] 

homonymns... what great fun....

won, one...
weather, wheather...
hole, whole...

there are so many of them.... i had to make a list of as many of them as i could find my sophomore year in HS.... that blew.... but ya... there are TONS of them... lol...

-Gor

hooyeah

Re: Neon Build up new   Posted Wed Nov 13, 02   10:42 PM    [re: Gorgoth3k1] 

ricer racer they always get mixed up

resident chevette lover!

MrPeabody

Re: Neon Build up new   Posted Wed Nov 13, 02   11:22 PM    [re: hooyeah] 

Fuckin ricers,
They're getting thicker and thicker over here. The amount of clear tails and Type-R stickers are staggering. I think what pisses me of the most is that, since I have a compact, they automatically group me with the ricers, it's bullshit

Ok... i'm done

-Ben

hooyeah

Re: Neon Build up new   Posted Thu Nov 14, 02   7:32 AM    [re: MrPeabody] 

not only do you have a compact but a body kit and intake and exhaust you're one of them with knowledge RICER!!!!

resident chevette lover!

uglystick

Re: Neon Build up new   Posted Thu Nov 14, 02   10:21 AM    [re: hooyeah] 

i don't think you're a ricer, ben. and that's a lot coming from me...intelligence and know-how separates the rice from the race.

jason

hooyeah

Re: Neon Build up new   Posted Thu Nov 14, 02   1:24 PM    [re: uglystick] 

uncle ben and his rice rice rice!

resident chevette lover!

MrPeabody

Re: Neon Build up new   Posted Thu Nov 14, 02   3:28 PM    [re: hooyeah] 

The San Francisco TREAT! Wait, that's the other one :P Thanks Jason, I appretiate it. I just can't wait to get out of college with a good job so I can actually improve my car. I think the best thing will be pulling up to the muscle car guys, and seeing their faces when I smoke em Not all of them though, I get nervious around pre '74 cars, because they can do whatever they want to their cars...

-Ben

SweetNeon

Re: Neon Build up new   Posted Thu Nov 14, 02   7:16 PM    [re: Kutsuju_racing] 

its stock right now, all plans for the chasis are finished on paper, car will be cut apart with in a month and ready for the fun welding

sweetdevil

Re: Neon Build up new   Posted Fri Nov 15, 02   8:15 AM    [re: SweetNeon] 

this thread is like a cat trying to follow a super bouncy ball around a bumper pool table... Actualy, all of our threads seem to be like that....

I live my life one paycheck at a time

Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | (show all)   Print Thread

Jump to

Contact Webmaster | Privacy statement CVSR.NET

UBBThreads™ 5.5.1